Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:58 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 1:32 pm 
Light Heavyweight

jay_tambay wrote:
ala boys are all hype!!!! i think the jaro boys can deliver more!!!!

ala boys are really over rated boxers!!!

..anf if Jaro boys can't deliver who's next? you are pathetic.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 1:43 pm 
Cruiserweight

AJ Banal is not overrated!Kulang lang sa stamina mga ALA boys!They need conditioning coach or atleast bring their training regimen to the next level!Bytheway, good job done my Melindo!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:45 am 
Lightweight

altron wrote:
Gabrielle wrote:
Hawaiian Punch wrote:
Banal is not good fighting boxer. Even Concepcion is not good but only punching everytime. Is better for me to sleep not see Banal fighting because he is punching bag by Concepcion. Banal is cry like a baby. He is fighting to me is like a baby. Banal is need to eat more rice. He is need to eat kalamay. Concepcion eating his taco a lot.

I am no English teacher but your grammar SUCKS bigtime.

I second the motion!!!

If my posting is pilipino esp. bisaya, is it more better. but people in the forum are sosyal. Only in english is they want. But I am wrong never when I am saying Banal needs to learn so much boxing. He is problem because of his shortness. He is very need to come inside and fight bell to bell. He is strong. He is kill Concepcion inside and you can look with your eyes.. But he is wasted his energy dancing in and out. No experience. Even big problems with clinching. Many trainers in my homeplace Mindanao can better do than his trainers. Anyone known Pat Bracero. I am think Pat Bracero when he was fighting good back then was the smartest boxer in the world. No one even can hit him solid. I think ALA should looking for him and made him to be a trainer. ALA can hire Eding Suico if he is still living. Eding is well known to all boxers in Mindanao before. Suico is only know to train his boxers in bell to bell. With Villamor helping, a world class ALA is very very possible. Then many world champion is coming from ALA. But Cebu problem is now ALA stable. All boxers or fighters are going to ALA because it is popular and nice stable. But ALA is need to imrpvoe its trainers. ALA is need more styles. Remember, it is easy to prepare against ALA fighters. Just go bell to bell. Inside is a problem for ALA boys. Only Michael Domingo is toughest fighting. He is because also trained with many trainers who teaching him bell to bell fight. Therefore, Villamor style is deadly if it is halo halo with bell to bell style. It is like drinking. A shot with no mixing is no good. You need mixing shot with chesser.

Last edited by Hawaiian Punch on Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:53 am 
Welterweight

Gabrielle wrote:
Hawaiian Punch wrote:
Banal is not good fighting boxer. Even Concepcion is not good but only punching everytime. Is better for me to sleep not see Banal fighting because he is punching bag by Concepcion. Banal is cry like a baby. He is fighting to me is like a baby. Banal is need to eat more rice. He is need to eat kalamay. Concepcion eating his taco a lot.

I am no English teacher but your grammar SUCKS bigtime.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :beeh: :beeh: :beeh: :beeh:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 1:14 pm 
Welterweight

alvinB wrote:
banal lacks only stamina and conditioning. i thought the fight would only last 4 rounds in favor of banal when concepcion's nose got bloody but because of his conditioning he run out of gas and expose.

You have the point. Besides, he's just a teenager who's fighting style is aggressive one but getting frustrated @ the middle rounds because concepcion is still standing, so we can still expect tougher & stronger Banal in the future. I'm still proud of Banal, it's just a matter of time to learn his mistakes and improve his arsenal.

give credit to Concepcion for defeating Banal by being the aggressor, in that way, Banal can improve and can change his tempo or style based on his opponent. I see Concepcion as the "Little Margarito" on that fight since i watched the Cotto-Margarito fight and I saw that even if Margarito was hit by Cotto, he still moves forward throwing punches to the body & face giving Cotto hard time to set his pace.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 1:29 pm 
Heavyweight

it's not the end of the world for banal. he is still young and that loss can only make him a better fighter someday. to me, he remains a good fighter inspite of that loss.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 1:36 pm 
Light Heavyweight

Hawaiian Punch wrote:
Is better for me to sleep not see Banal fighting because he is punching bag by Concepcion. Banal is cry like a baby. He is fighting to me is like a baby. Banal is need to eat more rice. He is need to eat kalamay. Concepcion eating his taco a lot.

unang-una, where did you get your education? you should rephrase
your title as well as your thoughts. it's a real shame! shame! shame!!

pangalawa, banal lost in a convincing manner. kung baga ay malas niya.
you win, you lose, but stay focused and determined to move on for
better things in the boxing arena. ali, sugar ray leonard, foreman,
julio cesar chavez, flash elorde. all have losses but were catapulted
into the pedestal of boxing and honored in the Hall of Fame.

aihihihi!!! :lol:

baklita

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 1:41 pm 
Flyweight

It is part of the game. You are better today, there might be better tomorrow.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 1:53 pm 
Middleweight

mos2imo wrote:
No, Banal is a great fighter. he has power and speed. The only thing he lacks is a great stamina and conditioning. I believe he should train at Roach' Wild Card gym and have a very good conditioning coach like Ariza.

I disagree. AJ is good, yet still green, that's why we can't call him great, especially after this loss. Great fighters don't lose like that. We shouldn't just toss around the word "great".. There are just a handful of great active fighters today, and Pacquiao is one of them. AJ has a looonng way to go before we can call him great

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 2:14 pm 
Cruiserweight

GANJAH wrote:
Banal is one of the most complete fighter the philippines have.... he has power, speed,skills..he just need to work on his conditioning.

Complete? Have you seen him fight? The first time I saw him fight, he fought wide and open and I told myself this kid however good he is will remain a prospect, just a prospect if he will not improve. Three fights later, he barely shows improvement and here's the kicker.... some of us Pinoy boxing fans think he is ready for the big-time.

I vaguely remember his ALA handlers saying they will bring him up slowly but surely. What happened to this pronouncement?

The good thing is, Banal is still very young at 19. Even if he will start all over again, he can still be our next world champion ONLY if he will be trained by someone who knows the ABCs of training.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 2:15 pm 
Cruiserweight

:) :) :) Ala stable and it's management should take a long assessment
with it's trainers,conditioners,coach and cornermen. They need a good overhaul of their staff.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 2:37 pm 
Featherweight

Hawaiian Punch wrote:

u should not sleeping, u should studying english grammarring.. :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 2:37 pm 
Bantamweight

for me BANAL is still the man!!!

http://www.ajbanal.exofire.net

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 2:46 pm 
Heavyweight

Boom-Boom/Banal/Gorres --> all overrated
Concepcion untested, may be next.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 2:50 pm 
Featherweight

malem50 wrote:
Complete? Have you seen him fight? The first time I saw him fight, he fought wide and open and I told myself this kid however good he is will remain a prospect, just a prospect if he will not improve. Three fights later, he barely shows improvement and here's the kicker.... some of us Pinoy boxing fans think he is ready for the big-time.

I vaguely remember his ALA handlers saying they will bring him up slowly but surely. What happened to this pronouncement?

The good thing is, Banal is still very young at 19. Even if he will start all over again, he can still be our next world champion ONLY if he will be trained by someone who knows the ABCs of training.

wide open??? what are you blind?? are u sure u know bout boxing?? a lot of stupid f@cks are out in the open lately.. talking **** as if they know better!! aj has pretty decent defense and has good footwork.. he just lost steam u, dimwit.

ala management sure did bring banal slowly, as you can see he is fighting concepcion a mediocre fighter in a title fight ,too bad aj lost steam but its crystal clear that skillwise torito have no match against aj.

next time when we try to open our mouth we should make sure that we know something or at least we know how to use that thing between our ears!!!

Last edited by romj on Mon Jul 28, 2008 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next