Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Tue Dec 01, 2020 1:31 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:05 pm 
Heavyweight

Another prospect tripped on the way to stardom. Banal, just like Boomboom, failed to live up to our expectations. They are good but only at the onset of the fight. The two actually share common weakness... They are good only when pressing the fight but once pressured they loose their composure.

I Love You Longkalog71
I Love You Morpheus24

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:22 pm 
Light Heavyweight

DarkCloud wrote:
Another prospect tripped on the way to stardom. Banal, just like Boomboom, failed to live up to our expectations. They are good but only at the onset of the fight. The two actually share common weakness... They are good only when pressing the fight but once pressured they loose their composure.

true.

and if I may add, they are great on the first few rounds, but come championship rounds, they look ordinary.. So even if they were pressured on the first few rounds, okay pa. But on the later rounds they are easier to pressure because they simply lose steam.

so again, it is still a question of conditioning and cardio endurance.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:30 pm 
Light Heavyweight

Gas is expensive, thats why they always ran out of it. tsk tsk tsk - we need a biodiesel champ like Melindo :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:35 pm 
Heavyweight

Reyes wrote:
DarkCloud wrote:

true.

and if I may add, they are great on the first few rounds, but come championship rounds, they look ordinary.. So even if they were pressured on the first few rounds, okay pa. But on the later rounds they are easier to pressure because they simply lose steam.

If I may add to that...
At later rounds, when they start losing steam, they also lose sting in their punches. These fighters are in no way comparable to Manny. Manny is really an exceptional fighter, his stinging punches are consistent.

I Love You Longkalog71
I Love You Morpheus24

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:54 am 
Featherweight

Those ALA boys are good boys. I think they are just pressured to win. Having Pacquaio as the national treasure of our country. They are pressured to follow his footsteps.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:57 am 
Heavyweight

"Filipino Boxers?"

So you're saying all Filipino boxers have this "weakness?" Or that other nationalities don't have this "weakness?"

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:58 am 
Heavyweight

What's disturbing to me about AJ is, apparently, he quit.
At least Boom Boom got up and wanted to continue.
AJ quit on his arce.
If you can't beat Concepcion, I don't think you're going a long ways.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 1:00 am 
Cruiserweight

Actually all the Filipino boxers right now are experiencing weakness because of the rising fuel cost..Except for some like Pacman who is using coco fuel which is far more cheaper and available than the ones sold in the gasoline station...... :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 1:01 am 
Lightweight

Reyes wrote:
DarkCloud wrote:

true.

And probably tactics and flexibility. They should know how to adjust.... properly. Those shots on the sides..... those killed AJ.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 1:35 am 
Light Heavyweight

DarkCloud wrote:

You said that right 8)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 1:41 am 
Heavyweight

DarkCloud wrote:

Agree, I think that's what some ALA boys are lacking, defense.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:11 am 
Heavyweight

JoeyInCali wrote:
AJ quit on his arce.

I agree bro..
This defeat only shows that he is matured only in skills but doesn't have the heart to back it up. We really can't blame him, he's just 19.

I Love You Longkalog71
I Love You Morpheus24

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:14 am 
Heavyweight

lapukman wrote:
Reyes wrote:
DarkCloud wrote:

true.

And probably tactics and flexibility. They should know how to adjust.... properly. Those shots on the sides..... those killed AJ.

I agree bro. Body shots weakened Banal.

I Love You Longkalog71
I Love You Morpheus24

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:18 am 
Light Heavyweight

JoeyInCali wrote:
AJ quit on his arce.

..CORRECT... they keep feeding him BUMS...alas, he was defeated by another BUM... what a shame.. :( :(

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:26 am 
Middleweight

he showed that he was not really ready for the title,hope bazooka will be back