Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:59 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:27 am 
Welterweight

By no means, can I compare myself to the conditioning of those boxers in the Philippines, but having had attended a boxing clinic in the US I must say it's ESSENTIAL to have plenty of reserved stores of stamina. You must also be a tactical in not using all your energy. Lastly, if not Banal, all fighters must be able to practice deflecting punches to minimize damage to the body and head.

I don't know how many Kilometers or Miles AJ Banal runs/day, but it should be at least 5K a day or more to be able to last those extra rounds.

Look at Pacquiao's training in the GYM he is a well-rounded when training. He runs on a regular basis. From what I understand he incorporates 300 Spartan into his training. Try it out. I have it's very difficult to complete. Just daily sparring and boxing in the ring isn't going to cut it if you are going to fight world class boxers.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:29 am 
Light Heavyweight

rhad wrote:
DarkCloud wrote:
Another prospect tripped on the way to stardom. Banal, just like Boomboom, failed to live up to our expectations. They are good but only at the onset of the fight. The two actually share common weakness... They are good only when pressing the fight but once pressured they loose their composure.

Agree, I think that's what some ALA boys are lacking, defense.

...and also they lacked HEART...

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:29 am 
Heavyweight

The Butcher wrote:
"Filipino Boxers?"

So you're saying all Filipino boxers have this "weakness?" Or that other nationalities don't have this "weakness?"

DC, the title should have been "Common weakness of ALA boxers".

“I sympathize with those who would minimize economic entanglement between nations. Ideas, knowledge, art, hospitality, travel should of their nature be international. But let goods be homespun and finance be primarily national.”
-Keynes

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:38 am 
Middleweight

It is actually the conditioning discipline that is lacking in these new boxers. When Manny Pacquiao trains, he figuratively kills himself by training hard as if there is no tomorrow, so he can maintain speed and power even at later rounds. By the way, Nonito Donaire is also one example of a hardworking Pinoy boxer who knows the importance of real hard training.

These new Pinoy boxers don't have that mindset and patience to work their guts out in the training. The result? They will never be successful because they fade in the later rounds.
Boxing champions (or any other sport's champions) are also SMART people. They KNOW what to do and what it takes to be a champion.

If you are physically strong to be a boxer, but are not SMART or don't have the brain, you won't become a champion. So, becoming a champion requires physical strength and brain..... Manny Pacquiao and Nonito Donaire have them.

Last edited by cezar_d_great on Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:41 am 
Heavyweight

gudz511 wrote:
The Butcher wrote:
"Filipino Boxers?"

So you're saying all Filipino boxers have this "weakness?" Or that other nationalities don't have this "weakness?"

DC, the title should have been "Common weakness of ALA boxers".

Yeah, I guess it will add more intrigue.

I Love You Longkalog71
I Love You Morpheus24

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:49 am 
Featherweight

Banal thought he could finish Concepcion in early rounds. If the fight lasted the distance, it would be Banal's first 12 rounder. He was not up to it. He gave his all but was discouraged seeing Concepcion still there standing. He was not in condition to go the full route. IMHO, he should box after 5 rounds and maintain the distance. Concepcion was mulling him to the body.

Lastly, he doesn't possess the speed of Manny Pacquiao.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:52 am 
Welterweight

FIL BOXERS ARE EASY TO HIT. THEIR DEFENSE SUCKS AND VERY PREDICTABLE. THE TRAINERS ALSO SUCKS. :verymad:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:03 am 
Light Heavyweight

DarkCloud wrote:
Another prospect tripped on the way to stardom. Banal, just like Boomboom, failed to live up to our expectations. They are good but only at the onset of the fight. The two actually share common weakness... They are good only when pressing the fight but once pressured they loose their composure.

Right on the dot. History is repeating itself, Banal panahon na - it should be been Banal hintayin ang tamang panahon

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 1:30 pm 
Featherweight

ALA na pagasa

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 1:37 pm 
Light Heavyweight

cezar_d_great wrote:
It is actually the conditioning discipline that is lacking in these new boxers. When Manny Pacquiao trains, he figuratively kills himself by training hard as if there is no tomorrow, so he can maintain speed and power even at later rounds. By the way, Nonito Donaire is also one example of a hardworking Pinoy boxer who knows the importance of real hard training.

These new Pinoy boxers don't have that mindset and patience to work their guts out in the training. The result? They will never be successful because they fade in the later rounds.
Boxing champions (or any other sport's champions) are also SMART people. They KNOW what to do and what it takes to be a champion.

If you are physically strong to be a boxer, but are not SMART or don't have the brain, you won't become a champion. So, becoming a champion requires physical strength and brain..... Manny Pacquiao and Nonito Donaire have them.

HEART for Pacquiao and HeartVIT for Donaire

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 1:46 pm 
Cruiserweight

I think our young fighters, Banal, Bautista are turning pro to early and too much exposure.

Look at Marco Antonio Barrera, he had 34 or 35 fights before he fought the likes of Agapito Sanchez.

He paid his dues, by the time Marco met Erik Morales, he had close to 50 fights already.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:55 pm 
Featherweight

Even training in US is not assurance of winning. If the boxer have no perseverance to win, training in US is useless and a waste money to be spent.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:40 am 
Light Heavyweight

JoeyInCali wrote:
What's disturbing to me about AJ is, apparently, he quit.
At least Boom Boom got up and wanted to continue.
AJ quit on his arce.
If you can't beat Concepcion, I don't think you're going a long ways.

and there was only 25 seconds left in the round. He could have danced around and clinch to survive. But we will never know, he chose to stay down. Maybe he really had nothing left. sigh!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:43 am 
Light Heavyweight

Tatay wrote:
I think our young fighters, Banal, Bautista are turning pro to early and too much exposure.

Look at Marco Antonio Barrera, he had 34 or 35 fights before he fought the likes of Agapito Sanchez.

He paid his dues, by the time Marco met Erik Morales, he had close to 50 fights already.

True, he was 35-0 when he fought for the WBO superbantamweight title, his first title.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:51 am 
Middleweight

Reyes wrote:
Tatay wrote:

True, he was 35-0 when he fought for the WBO superbantamweight title, his first title.

rYYYYYYYYYYYYtttttttt!..toOOoo Early. 8)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next