Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:15 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:29 pm 
Offline
Welterweight

Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2005 3:17 pm
Posts: 338
He said on ch. 2 that banal, domingo et al. will win....Whats the real score?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:34 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 29, 2004 11:51 pm
Posts: 25677
Location: San Pablo City, Laguna
We can't be too harsh on Banal. Up to the point he got KOed, the score was close. I personally had him up 5 rounds to 4. He hurt Conception more than a couple of times. He got hit with a punch he couldn't take. It's not like it was mismatch. He gave it a decent shot. He lost. That's it.

_________________
Constantly True; Faithful to You: BLUE EAGLE THE KING!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:40 pm 
Offline
Cruiserweight
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 27, 2004 2:51 am
Posts: 3283
BCngSPC wrote:
We can't be too harsh on Banal. Up to the point he got KOed, the score was close. I personally had him up 5 rounds to 4. He hurt Conception more than a couple of times. He got hit with a punch he couldn't take. It's not like it was mismatch. He gave it a decent shot. He lost. That's it.


Amen sister...I mean bro :lol: ...Give credit to the kid..He lost, well he's a boxer there's always a next fight.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:45 pm 
Offline
Light Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 20, 2005 4:43 am
Posts: 1236
Location: The Metro
Well you can't have a perfect record all the time. Even Pacquiao lost a couple of times early in his career and once again to Morales. The true heart of a champion is seen in how one would bounce back from defeat.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:49 pm 
Offline
Featherweight

Joined: Wed Jul 26, 2006 2:26 am
Posts: 98
overconfidence....dapat pinayuhan nila si AJ to fight it at a distance, sayang. Di naman ganong kagalingan si Concepcion


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:18 am 
Offline
Middleweight

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2008 2:40 am
Posts: 862
LOSING IS AS IMPORTANT AS WINNING.YOU LOSE TODAY TRY TO WIN TOMMORROW.LEARN FROM MISTAKES AND BE A BETTER FIGHTER THE NEXT TIME YOU FIGHT.AJ HAS TALENTS BUT MORE THAN TALENT, A BOXER NEEDS TO HAVE A ....

H E A R T ! ! !


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:21 am 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2005 9:51 am
Posts: 6522
Location: Paranaque City, Philippines
akang wrote:
He said on ch. 2 that banal, domingo et al. will win....Whats the real score?


Hey, a lot of us had the wrong prediction.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:29 am 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2007 12:11 pm
Posts: 4553
The Butcher wrote:
akang wrote:
He said on ch. 2 that banal, domingo et al. will win....Whats the real score?


Hey, a lot of us had the wrong prediction.


those of you who predicted a 10th rd ko for concepcion, pls. stand up 8)

_________________
If I had to do it over again, I would've just let people talk and say what they had to say, and as time goes on, they would've seen what was what.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:59 am 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2005 9:51 am
Posts: 6522
Location: Paranaque City, Philippines
newbie_rookie wrote:
The Butcher wrote:
akang wrote:
He said on ch. 2 that banal, domingo et al. will win....Whats the real score?


Hey, a lot of us had the wrong prediction.


those of you who predicted a 10th rd ko for concepcion, pls. stand up 8)


I predicted Banal to win by KO in the mid rounds


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 1:05 am 
Offline
Light Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 14, 2004 11:17 pm
Posts: 1050
beth_logins wrote:
overconfidence....dapat pinayuhan nila si AJ to fight it at a distance, sayang. Di naman ganong kagalingan si Concepcion



kung nde ganong kagalingan si concepcion, then this only means that nde rin ganon kagaling si banal. another overhyped pinoy boxer.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 1:09 am 
Offline
Flyweight

Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2008 6:44 am
Posts: 24
i thought banal was gonna get rid of concepcion in the 5th round..

_________________
PAC N RIP


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 1:12 am 
Offline
Cruiserweight
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2007 8:44 pm
Posts: 2163
Location: Quezon City
tenshio wrote:
Well you can't have a perfect record all the time. Even Pacquiao lost a couple of times early in his career and once again to Morales. The true heart of a champion is seen in how one would bounce back from defeat.


Morales is a hall of famer and Concepcion is not. And Pac lose but not the way AJ did today!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 1:20 am 
Offline
Light Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 22, 2008 4:11 pm
Posts: 1539
Location: Makati City. Born and Raised in Cavite City
Well these things do happen. Predictions are only predictions..no big deal. 8)

_________________
Pain is a good friend. When you think you're already dead, pain will whisper " you're still alive".


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 1:24 am 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2005 9:51 am
Posts: 6522
Location: Paranaque City, Philippines
atemo wrote:
tenshio wrote:
Well you can't have a perfect record all the time. Even Pacquiao lost a couple of times early in his career and once again to Morales. The true heart of a champion is seen in how one would bounce back from defeat.


Morales is a hall of famer and Concepcion is not. And Pac lose but not the way AJ did today!


Did you not see Pacquiao's loss to Rustico Torrecampo? How about Pacquiao's loss to Medgoen Singsurat?

Answer this please. How old is AJ Banal?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 1:28 am 
Offline
Cruiserweight
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 06, 2004 8:41 am
Posts: 3114
Location: GTA
atemo wrote:
Morales is a hall of famer and Concepcion is not. And Pac lose but not the way AJ did today!


Do more research before making stupid statements you Pacman bandwagoner.
I bet you just started to watch boxing when Manny rose to fame.
Pac did lose to a tricycle driver early in his career and got KO'd with a body punch
in Thailand. If you were watching boxing at that time, maybe you're one of those
cursing Manny, calling him names like Manny "d' bum" Pacquiao or calling him
to retire in boxing. You're just a lowly bayaghugger.
8)


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC + 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

philboxing.com | pinoygreats.com
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group