Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Tue Dec 01, 2020 2:13 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:51 am 
Middleweight

I find nothing wrong in losing. The fact that you are out there in the ring fighting for glory,for money.It is expected that a person in that kind of situation is expected to perform and give his hearts out.In this fight,there were a lot of criticisms because AJ seemed to have lost his determination to win.kulang sa puso...
LOSING IS AS IMPORTANT AS WINNING.YOU LOSE TODAY TRY TO WIN TOMMORROW.LEARN FROM MISTAKES AND BE A BETTER FIGHTER THE NEXT TIME YOU FIGHT.AJ HAS TALENTS BUT MORE THAN TALENT, A BOXER NEEDS TO HAVE A ....

H E A R T ! ! !

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 5:45 pm 
Featherweight

AJ quit & cried.. not a warrior's attitude. a good fighter posseses speed, power, stamina, focus & heart during fights. w/c i may say i didnot noticed on AJ's side during his battle w/ torito.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 7:21 pm 
Light Heavyweight

sweetpotato wrote:
AJ quit & cried.. not a warrior's attitude. a good fighter posseses speed, power, stamina, focus & heart during fights. w/c i may say i didnot noticed on AJ's side during his battle w/ torito.

then please be a warrior for us please.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 7:45 pm 
Middleweight

If Banal did not quit, he could have salvaged a split decision win. Concepcion was noticeably weakening too and his punches weren't that powerful to knock Banal out. All Banal has to do is to jab, run, and clinch. In that fashion he could rest and regain some stamina to unleash in the last round. There is no learning in this situation. Toughness is not learned, it is given by God. You have it or you don't. No matter what training you have, or aging you went, you cannot acquire it no matter what. Banal will never be a champion. "He doesn't have it," as the great Ali puts it.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 7:48 pm 
Heavyweight

MANG RESTY wrote:
I find nothing wrong in losing. The fact that you are out there in the ring fighting for glory,for money.It is expected that a person in that kind of situation is expected to perform and give his hearts out.In this fight,there were a lot of criticisms because AJ seemed to have lost his determination to win.kulang sa puso...
LOSING IS AS IMPORTANT AS WINNING.YOU LOSE TODAY TRY TO WIN TOMMORROW.LEARN FROM MISTAKES AND BE A BETTER FIGHTER THE NEXT TIME YOU FIGHT.AJ HAS TALENTS BUT MORE THAN TALENT, A BOXER NEEDS TO HAVE A ....

H E A R T ! ! !
WE SHARE THE SAME HEART ABOUT THIS. UNLIKE OTHERS HERE WHO BASH FIGHTERS COZ THEY LOST. LIKE I SAID IN THE SPORT OF BOXING THERE ARE NO BUMS OR PATSIES EXCEPT THOSE BAD JUDGES.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:36 pm 
Light Heavyweight

Gil P. Acosta wrote:
If Banal did not quit, he could have salvaged a split decision win. Concepcion was noticeably weakening too and his punches weren't that powerful to knock Banal out. All Banal has to do is to jab, run, and clinch. In that fashion he could rest and regain some stamina to unleash in the last round. There is no learning in this situation. Toughness is not learned, it is given by God. You have it or you don't. No matter what training you have, or aging you went, you cannot acquire it no matter what. Banal will never be a champion. "He doesn't have it," as the great Ali puts it.

pustahan pa tayo, mas tough pa si Banal kaysa sa iyo or sige even against Ledwaba.
worst maybe even Pepe Smith is tougher than you. Rak en Raaaaaawwwwwl. ^^

Do you even know Banal's age? 19 pa lng. In the boxing profession, batang-bata pa yan. Some boxers are special because i do agree with you some have either God-given stamina,toughness,durability,speed and power. Some may have both of any of the above.
When it comes to toughness, most don't possess that at the start. They don't learn that, they train their body to be tough. Training can only bring you so far, because that toughness has to be tested. Banal is still very young, so in terms of experience, his body isn't battle-tested enough as compared to much more experienced fighters mostly 21 yrs old and above.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:31 pm 
Middleweight

Englishbritish wrote: pustahan pa tayo, mas tough pa si Banal kaysa sa iyo or sige even against Ledwaba.

Do you even know Banal's age? 19 pa lng. In the boxing profession, batang-bata pa yan. Some boxers are special because i do agree with you some have either God-given stamina,toughness,durability,speed and power. Some may have both of any of the above.
When it comes to toughness, most don't possess that at the start. They don't learn that, they train their body to be tough. Training can only bring you so far, because that toughness has to be tested. Banal is still very young, so in terms of experience, his body isn't battle-tested enough as compared to much more experienced fighters mostly 21 yrs old and above.

I did not say that I am tough. I am not tough. That is why I chose an MD profession because I ain't tough. Yes, I agree with you that physical toughness can be acquired by training. If you read between the lines, you will notice that I was referring to mental toughness: MIND OVER MATTER, MIND OVER PAIN, THE WILL TO GO ON AGAINST ALL ADVERSITIES. Mental toughness cannot be acquired. It is God given. Either you have it or not. As the great Ali puts it: "He doesn't have it." Banal doesn't have it. I am a pure blooded Filipino. As a Filipino, I love my own. I adore Filipino boxers. I am an avid Pacman fan. As a Filipino, I was mad at Banal for quitting. IT LEAVES A BLACK MARK ON ALL FILIPINO BOXERS. AND SURELY AM I NOT HAPPY TO HEAR IN THE SPORT THAT I LOVE THAT FILIPINOS ARE QUITTERS. IF YOU ARE A FILIPINO, I AM SURE WE SHARE THE SAME SENTIMENTS, RIGHT?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:42 pm 
Heavyweight

englishbritish wrote:
Gil P. Acosta wrote:

pustahan pa tayo, mas tough pa si Banal kaysa sa iyo or sige even against Ledwaba.

THIS GUY IS TOUHGER.Image

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:02 pm 
Middleweight

MANG RESTY wrote:

H E A R T ! ! !

Aj just absorbed to much body shot from el torito, so his movement, power and speed diminished on the later rounds. el torito wear down banal on that fight, and those body shot really hurt Banal. Ala and Banal have it all, but lack of game plan, and they didnt even adjust on the later rounds of the fight.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:08 pm 
Light Heavyweight

Gil P. Acosta wrote:
Englishbritish wrote: pustahan pa tayo, mas tough pa si Banal kaysa sa iyo or sige even against Ledwaba.

I did not say that I am tough. I am not tough. That is why I chose an MD profession because I ain't tough. Yes, I agree with you that physical toughness can be acquired by training. If you read between the lines, you will notice that I was referring to mental toughness: MIND OVER MATTER, MIND OVER PAIN, THE WILL TO GO ON AGAINST ALL ADVERSITIES. Mental toughness cannot be acquired. It is God given. Either you have it or not. As the great Ali puts it: "He doesn't have it." Banal doesn't have it. I am a pure blooded Filipino. As a Filipino, I love my own. I adore Filipino boxers. I am an avid Pacman fan. As a Filipino, I was mad at Banal for quitting. IT LEAVES A BLACK MARK ON ALL FILIPINO BOXERS. AND SURELY AM I NOT HAPPY TO HEAR IN THE SPORT THAT I LOVE THAT FILIPINOS ARE QUITTERS. IF YOU ARE A FILIPINO, I AM SURE WE SHARE THE SAME SENTIMENTS, RIGHT?

okay2x i get the drift. minus the pepe smith part. Good for you that you are an MD by profession. Be it as it may that you meant mental toughness. For an MD how can you be mad for someon quitting because of the cheapshots he received on the side? For an MD you do know how painful that is for an untrained person, for a trained person they can take much more. For an MD you do know no matter how much you train a young body, 19 yrs old at that, won't be able to withstand that much as compared to say 21-22 yrs old body with much more experience.
If you love a fellow Filipino as your own you say, then how can you get mad at Banal for quitting. Do you know the pain he took all those 10 rounds? For an MD you know how dangerous it is for him to possibly have internal bleeding, organ damage by receiving those body punches no matter how muscular or well trained you are.
It's easy to get mad and disappointed when we are just watching and it's not our own life we are endangering. Cut them some slack, they never had the opportunities we or you have to even think about getting MD as their profession in life.
Mental toughness alone doesn't come from quitting. Do you even know how tough it is for him to quit in front of his home crowd? His spirit is willing but his body has been weakened.
Many will say kaya niya pang itayo yan because he doesn't look groggy. He doesn't look groggy because he didn't suffer from punches to the head. He suffered from bodypunches, and those don't reflect on the boxer's face as compared to punches to the head. Those pain from bodypunches only reflect on the way the boxer receives them. pag tumiklop siya,umatras yun na ibig sabihin nun nasaktan na siya sa body punches, but his face won't look groggy.
By getting up and finishing the fight, he could win on points or he could risk so much at a very young age. It's his life and body at risk, not yours not mine. Don't get angry at him for doing what he thinks is right for his own good. If you were to get angry, direct it at his corner for not being able to advise what to do against what the opponent does.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:10 pm 
Light Heavyweight

BODY PUNCH makes him quit... 8)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:40 pm 
Heavyweight

Let Freddie Roach train Banal

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:43 pm 
Heavyweight

The short and obvious answer - He got hurt

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 1:09 am 
Bantamweight

All Jest Banal has NO BALLS.. What a wuss. At least lose by getting knocked out, not by givinh up. You shame ALA, Cebu and flippers in general.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 4:05 am 
Welterweight

it was god's purpose also..
perhaps he needs that loss inorder to train and improve more for the future..

he took alot of body shots also, that's why he wasn't able to stand again..
and for sure it's so hard catching and gasping for air when u run out of it..

with that loss,
i believe he will still be a champion someday..