Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Tue Dec 01, 2020 2:08 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:11 am 
Welterweight

MANG RESTY wrote:
I find nothing wrong in losing. The fact that you are out there in the ring fighting for glory,for money.It is expected that a person in that kind of situation is expected to perform and give his hearts out.In this fight,there were a lot of criticisms because AJ seemed to have lost his determination to win.kulang sa puso...
LOSING IS AS IMPORTANT AS WINNING.YOU LOSE TODAY TRY TO WIN TOMMORROW.LEARN FROM MISTAKES AND BE A BETTER FIGHTER THE NEXT TIME YOU FIGHT.AJ HAS TALENTS BUT MORE THAN TALENT, A BOXER NEEDS TO HAVE A ....

H E A R T ! ! !

yup. if he only suck it up and continued to fight he probably should have won by decision as he was leading in all scorecards prior to the stoppage.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:16 am 
Light Heavyweight

BalutBuster wrote:
All Jest Banal has NO BALLS.. What a wuss. At least lose by getting knocked out, not by givinh up. You shame ALA, Cebu and flippers in general.

yeah tell that to boom2. at least lost by getting knocked out ka diyan! pareho lng resulta nyan! He will be bashed even more!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:51 am 
Flyweight

i agree with boredtodeath analysis.banal just absorbed all the body shots thrown by concepcion and just felt the impact at later rounds.Should his team gave instructions to banal to adjust his fighting and avoiding to body shots,he could pull-out a split or unanimous decision.Banal still young and has a bright future if Freddie Roach could also train him.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 7:20 am 
Lightweight

Do do you think AJ lost because he surrendered on the 10th?

yeah! i agree AJ no heart he could continue but he quit

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 7:34 am 
Middleweight

With what happend to AJ, I think ALA should work double time. They have world class fighters, but look at what's happening. If these boxers will not have proper training (endurance, power, defense etc.) then their boxers will fall.

First, it was Gorres (lack of stamina. I think Gorres' power is not that bad)

Second, Bautista (poor defense, glass chin)

Third, Banal (stamina. mental toughness, head movement, combination of punches). I think AJ depended on his 1-2 attacks, instead of creating angles for his shots.

Now who's next? Nietes? Melindo?

I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed. - Michael Jordan

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 7:45 am 
Strawweight

with what happened to boom boom and bazooka, i think it's in order for ALA to revised their boxers' training program.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:26 am 
Heavyweight

Give Banal a break. People behind him pushed him to his Maximum. This kid will become a champion someday if he will learn from this experience.

I have seen the last fight of David Torres (light Welterweight). David Torres climbed the ring 20-0-0 (13 KO). He was KO'ed by the Ex champ Julio Diaz.

No shame in losing, we learned from our mistakes. Rest Back na lang.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:35 am 
Light Heavyweight

This is a good article:

http://philstar.com/index.php?Sports&p= ... 0080727149

it talked about AJ's condition prior to the fight, how he peaked early in training, questions of why he didn't clinch when in trouble, his inability to throw punches while stepping backwards, and why he chose to stay down when there is only 25 seconds left in the round.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:37 am 
Light Heavyweight

bugoyking wrote:
With what happend to AJ, I think ALA should work double time. They have world class fighters, but look at what's happening. If these boxers will not have proper training (endurance, power, defense etc.) then their boxers will fall.

First, it was Gorres (lack of stamina. I think Gorres' power is not that bad)

Second, Bautista (poor defense, glass chin)

Third, Banal (stamina. mental toughness, head movement, combination of punches). I think AJ depended on his 1-2 attacks, instead of creating angles for his shots.

Now who's next? Nietes? Melindo?

wag naman sana. But I hope they make some changes before putting Nietes or Melindo in high-profile fights.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:40 am 
Welterweight

it's poor conditioning for AJ... he really needs to train w/ freddie to bounce back

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:43 am 
Middleweight

He has no gas left i think. 8),exhausted i should say.
its a lesson learned for AJ, I hope that he will bounce back. :)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:49 am 
Welterweight

He Quit.

Poor preparation, over trained whatever the reason he quit during the fight.

Sayang..

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:54 am 
Welterweight

Gil P. Acosta wrote:

I did not say that I am tough. I am not tough. That is why I chose an MD profession because I ain't tough. Yes, I agree with you that physical toughness can be acquired by training. If you read between the lines, you will notice that I was referring to mental toughness: MIND OVER MATTER, MIND OVER PAIN, THE WILL TO GO ON AGAINST ALL ADVERSITIES. Mental toughness cannot be acquired. It is God given. Either you have it or not. As the great Ali puts it: "He doesn't have it." Banal doesn't have it. I am a pure blooded Filipino. As a Filipino, I love my own. I adore Filipino boxers. I am an avid Pacman fan. As a Filipino, I was mad at Banal for quitting. IT LEAVES A BLACK MARK ON ALL FILIPINO BOXERS. AND SURELY AM I NOT HAPPY TO HEAR IN THE SPORT THAT I LOVE THAT FILIPINOS ARE QUITTERS. IF YOU ARE A FILIPINO, I AM SURE WE SHARE THE SAME SENTIMENTS, RIGHT? how about erik morales case? are mexicans could be labelled as quitters also? a boxer knows what his body very well, and in those cases (morales and banal), they knew that its not their night and to avoid more damage to their bodies. nasunog ang bata sa training, he's only 19.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:00 am 
Heavyweight

sweetpotato wrote:
AJ quit & cried.. not a warrior's attitude. a good fighter posseses speed, power, stamina, focus & heart during fights. w/c i may say i didnot noticed on AJ's side during his battle w/ torito.

Pano kung pakiramdam mong mamamatay ka na pag tinamaan ka pa ng isa, babangon ka pa ba? Pano kung bumangon nga (kunwari WARRIOR talaga) at hinimatay bigla, malamang sasabihin niyo, BUMANGON PA KASE, DAPAT HINDI NA, hehehe....

(Trans: The boxer knows best his body and feels better than the audience).

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:04 am 
Heavyweight

he lost because he ran out of gas. he could have likewise clinched and just survive the remaining rounds as he is clearly ahead on points. but i guess he thinks he can no longer fight. anyway i know he can recover from this loss and use it as a learning experience for him to become a better boxer.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next