Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:50 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:06 am 
Heavyweight

HeHitsTheFloorAgain wrote:
He has no gas left i think. 8),exhausted i should say.
its a lesson learned for AJ, I hope that he will bounce back. :)

Yeah I think so. Funny, others claim he quit and is not a warrior. How can you continue boxing without stamina. It's like a car with an empty gas tank. How can you drive on.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:11 am 
Cruiserweight

He didn't QUIT....he lost!!!

He got hit. :lol:

Quitting means not standing up when the bell rings for the next round.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:32 am 
Light Heavyweight

englishbritish wrote:
. For an MD how can you be mad for someon quitting because of the cheapshots he received on the side?

For an MD you know how dangerous it is for him to possibly have internal bleeding, organ damage by receiving those body punches no matter how muscular or well trained you are.

It's easy to get mad and disappointed when we are just watching and it's not our own life we are endangering. Cut them some slack, they never had the opportunities we or you have to even think about getting MD as their profession in life.

Bro, if he really is an MD he would know what Punch-drunk Syndrome (Parkinsonism Pugilistica) is and he wouldn't be mad if a boxer chose to stay down for the count. :)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:49 am 
Light Heavyweight

englishbritish wrote:
sweetpotato wrote:
AJ quit & cried.. not a warrior's attitude. a good fighter posseses speed, power, stamina, focus & heart during fights. w/c i may say i didnot noticed on AJ's side during his battle w/ torito.

then please be a warrior for us please.

yeah, why don't you pick up a glove and show us you ae better the AJ, what's your name again?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:34 am 
Lightweight

n0. He didnt quit . . I believe he cAn B0Unce bAck! .

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:18 am 
Light Heavyweight

I want to hear from those people saying AJ quit and doesn't have heart regarding this info from a recent article:

Quote:
The 19-year-old young rising star was brought to the Cebu Doctors Hospital, Saturday night, after he nearly fainted in the locker room after the war.

Banal was diagnosed to have suffered from extreme fatigue and had low electrolytes.

The tough kid that he is, Banal would have wanted to stand up to continue the fight but his body just broke down according to the ALA Promotions President.

...According to Aldeguer, had Banal stood up and forced his body to fight, there would be a chance that he would have permanent damage because of the punishment.

http://sunstar.com.ph/static/ceb/2008/0 ... .down.html

What have you people got to say about this?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:23 am 
Heavyweight

tenshio wrote:
I want to hear from those people saying AJ quit and doesn't have heart regarding this info from a recent article:

Quote:
The 19-year-old young rising star was brought to the Cebu Doctors Hospital, Saturday night, after he nearly fainted in the locker room after the war.

Banal was diagnosed to have suffered from extreme fatigue and had low electrolytes.

...According to Aldeguer, had Banal stood up and forced his body to fight, there would be a chance that he would have permanent damage because of the punishment.

he can only have low electrolytes from dehydration which makes me think: is he properly conditioned and/or had weight problems prior to this fight?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:29 am 
Welterweight

dencioPT101 wrote:

he can only have low electrolytes from dehydration which makes me think: is he properly conditioned and/or had weight problems prior to this fight?
aj is overtrained (kung sa pinoy, nasunog), he peaks too early for the fight. i think this is because of excitement (fighting in front of your kababayan). aj is tough kid, but mentally (for this fight) he was carried away with the excitement.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:34 am 
Heavyweight

OF COURSE HE SURRENDERED!! OBVIOUS BA??? HE IS IN PAIN AND EXHAUSTED AND COULDN'T FIGHT ANOTHER MINUTE! HE LOST. PERIOD. NO DISGRACE! AND HE WILL COME BACK.

:? :? :? :?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:36 am 
Heavyweight

MANG RESTY wrote:
I find nothing wrong in losing. The fact that you are out there in the ring fighting for glory,for money.It is expected that a person in that kind of situation is expected to perform and give his hearts out.In this fight,there were a lot of criticisms because AJ seemed to have lost his determination to win.kulang sa puso...
LOSING IS AS IMPORTANT AS WINNING.YOU LOSE TODAY TRY TO WIN TOMMORROW.LEARN FROM MISTAKES AND BE A BETTER FIGHTER THE NEXT TIME YOU FIGHT.AJ HAS TALENTS BUT MORE THAN TALENT, A BOXER NEEDS TO HAVE A ....

H E A R T ! ! !
YOU NAILED IT.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 3:50 pm 
Heavyweight

BalutBuster wrote:
All Jest Banal has NO BALLS.. What a wuss. At least lose by getting knocked out, not by givinh up. You shame ALA, Cebu and flippers in general.

I knew you are very responsible and matured enough to reconsider or rephrasing the last words of this post.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 4:47 pm 
Light Heavyweight

altron wrote:
englishbritish wrote:
sweetpotato wrote:
AJ quit & cried.. not a warrior's attitude. a good fighter posseses speed, power, stamina, focus & heart during fights. w/c i may say i didnot noticed on AJ's side during his battle w/ torito.

then please be a warrior for us please.

yeah, why don't you pick up a glove and show us you ae better the AJ, what's your name again?

excuse me altron, did you mean your question for me? cos you quoted me, where i quoted the patatas.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:01 pm 
Light Heavyweight

tenshio wrote:

Quote:

The tough kid that he is, Banal would have wanted to stand up to continue the fight but his body just broke down according to the ALA Promotions President.

What have you people got to say about this?

many would say it's an excuse. for me, be it an excuse or not, the punches to the body alone are reason enough for me to believe that that young body of his received are well beyond anyone can endure.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:16 pm 
Welterweight

He lost because concepcion frustrated him and battered him into submission. Banal was gassed. He had nothing left. Or if he did have something left, he probably knew it wasn't enough to survive 2 more rounds. Not when you're out of energy.

The rounds before the 10th showed it. You could see it in banals body language. He was turning his back now and then. In fact in the 10, the big right hand landed when aj was turning away. It looked like he had nothign left.

Banal will be back, lesson learned. He is not undefeated anymore, but 17-1-1 is not bad. Let the 19 yr old kid grow up a little more

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:54 am 
Heavyweight

why you ask that question? you think aj could still have won the fight even if he surrendered in the 10th....??? :lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next