Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:32 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 1:14 am 
Light Heavyweight

I hate to say this but this kind of things needed to happen to give us an awakening slap in the face. I give credit to Rafael Concepcion for giving one hell of a fight. Most of us would say that he was guilty of some violations, head butting, pushing, continues hitting the body of AJ even at break, and we might think of excuses to further mend our pride. But, look at it this way, this guy fought on foreign land, it took him 30 hrs. flight to get here. It seems to me that the handlers of AJ did not do their homework right. They did not put into consideration the stamina and hard body punching of Concepcion, which led to the downfall AJ due to tremendous body beating and bullying of Concepcion. What they did is they prepared an entourage by lining up all ALA champions on the ring and frankly speaking, Aldeguers ALA boys needed this kind of spanking to somehow put their feet on the ground. In other words, medyo tumaas kasi ang ere ng mga cebuano na ito. Sorry for that, but it's true. We need to study our moves next time, if we need to hire another group of trainers, may it be foreigners I don't see why not. Better luck next time AJ! one lost will not make any difference. 8)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 1:21 am 
Featherweight

Yup, Congratulations to "El Torito".
I guess the promise of bringing home the championship for his newly born daughter and wife is one hell of a motivation.