Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:29 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 4:05 am 
Heavyweight

nobody ever learned anything from an ala boxer's defeat.............

do we need to list them down?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 4:09 am 
Heavyweight

delpilar wrote:

I think this should be addressed directly to the ALA themselves .

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 4:50 am 
Heavyweight

JoeyInCali wrote:
Pac had NOTHING in the tank that day and already lost his belt on the way to the ring.
That fight was a lesson to Pac. Pac's former American trainer Rick Staheli told me Pac has a naturally weak body. So he needed a lot of body work. His trainers were incompetent too after they fired Staheli. Look at Pac's body now. He takes body punches well now.
Morales quit. No excuses too but he probably was thinking retirement already.
AJ? Going for a belt, undefeated ? You should not quit like that.

Anyways, I'll dispense with the fencing. We're citing examples and comparisons to Ali and Manny, guys who've already accomplished greatness. I've also mentioned Duran. Obviously,
AJ's loss is a huge stumbling block to his path towards something similar. Will AJ's loss translate into a failed and hopeless career? Is it a sign of things to come? Maybe, maybe not. We can only find out in time.

You're of the mind that with AJ quitting the fight, you say that he now lacks a quality that is essential to become a champion. Quite reasonable. I just think that there's just more to it than just that. We'll both see what happens from here on out I suppose. 8)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 5:21 am 
Cruiserweight

JoeyInCali wrote:
To become a world-class fighter, you have to be in world-class shape.
Train for a fight like your life is at stake.

as i read in the stories, looks like AJ BANAL doesn't have the heart of a champion. he never tried hard enough to get up and fight on like his life is at stake...

...I look at the stonecutter hammering away at his rock,perhaps a hundred times without as much as a crack showing in it.Yet at the hundred and first blow it will split in two,and i know it was not that blow that did it, but all that had gone before...

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 5:27 am 
Cruiserweight

villa82 wrote:
JoeyInCali wrote:
It's amazing these guys think they can become the next Pacquiao the easy way.
I've seen Pac train at WC ( before the first EM fight ).
TWO HOURS of hard training. That doesn't include the uphill running in the morning.
ALA gym might be a great gym, but the flat running track ( unless they are doing 3-minute sprints ) is close to being worthless.
AJ did not get beat by that punch. Concepcion GUTTED-out a win. And he was the one who was having weight-problems.

Lets stop making excuses Banal was in shape.

Why can't anyone just admit that Banal got beat by the better man.
dID YOU WATCH THE FIGHT?aj IS MORE ACCURATE AND SKILLED BOXER, BUT AFTER ROUND SIX THERE IS NO MORE PUFF TO HIS PUNCHS!HE LACKS OF STAMINA, HE PREPARED FOR 6 ROUNDS NOT FOR 12 ROUNDS.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 5:34 am 
Heavyweight

i hope bernabe wins

If you don't think drugs have done good things for us, then take all of your records, tapes and CD's and burn them.

Post subject: WRONG THOUGHT
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 6:08 am 
Heavyweight

My kumpare said that he thought Aj Banal was the next great thing in ALA. But we thought wrong. N0b0dy can be better than Aj, nobody but he still lost. What a tall order. Nietes carry 0n.

Post subject: Weighty problem
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 7:26 am 
Heavyweight

My kumpare said that even El Torito was dehydrated he still has alot of gas. Banal who made wt easily on the other hand strangely didn't have gas. He was ahead but gave up.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 7:39 am 
Featherweight

Light Heavyweight

villa82 wrote:
JoeyInCali wrote:
It's amazing these guys think they can become the next Pacquiao the easy way.
I've seen Pac train at WC ( before the first EM fight ).
TWO HOURS of hard training. That doesn't include the uphill running in the morning.
ALA gym might be a great gym, but the flat running track ( unless they are doing 3-minute sprints ) is close to being worthless.
AJ did not get beat by that punch. Concepcion GUTTED-out a win. And he was the one who was having weight-problems.

Lets stop making excuses Banal was in shape.

Why can't anyone just admit that Banal got beat by the better man.
dID YOU WATCH THE FIGHT?aj IS MORE ACCURATE AND SKILLED BOXER, BUT AFTER ROUND SIX THERE IS NO MORE PUFF TO HIS PUNCHS!HE LACKS OF STAMINA, HE PREPARED FOR 6 ROUNDS NOT FOR 12 ROUNDS.

I agree to what you have said bro it seems that aj wasn't trained to stand/ fight that long, as we've seen he has a good technical skill but it looks like that the suspect here is his stamina. maybe "the spirit is willing (mentally and emotionally) but the flesh is weak".

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 7:42 am 
Welterweight

This should also be a lesson to those Filipino so called boxing writers(esp. Ronnie N.) to stop overhyping Pinoy prospects who fought nothing but bums.

Post subject: AJ BAZOOKA BANAL
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 7:53 am 
Heavyweight

My kumpare was so depressed of that fight. Aj was leading and gassed out?? Damn, what happened there was why Aj wasn't prepared to go 12 rounds??

Post subject: Re: AJ BAZURA BANAL
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 7:59 am 
Heavyweight

Young AJ will be back.. I blame his coach for this loss due to his failed anticipation of Torito's dirty antics and wasn't able to prepare counter measures during training..

Post subject: Re: AJ BAZURA BANAL
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:07 am 
Middleweight

bryant wrote:
Young AJ will be back.. I blame his coach for this loss due to his failed anticipation of Torito's dirty antics and wasn't able to prepare counter measures during training..

i believe to what you said. they should change their one-dimensional trainer.

by the way, your avatar is hot, who is she? :)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:27 am 
Cruiserweight

I guess everytime somebody loses he is a bum. i'm sure if banal won that fight lots of posters will say he was fighting a bum now banal is the bum. tsk.

...I look at the stonecutter hammering away at his rock,perhaps a hundred times without as much as a crack showing in it.Yet at the hundred and first blow it will split in two,and i know it was not that blow that did it, but all that had gone before...

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:45 am 
Heavyweight

rhad wrote:
delpilar wrote:

I think this should be addressed directly to the ALA themselves .

they should be thankful for these inputs, esp from somebody who knew that aj would lose after the 1st round, when we casual boxing fans thought that concepcion was wrestling banal to survive that round after that nosebleed :wink:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next