Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Wed Nov 25, 2020 5:39 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 7:26 am 
Welterweight

Obviously, the fight last night between Banal and Concepcion should have been a win in favor of our own Banal. But the determination and guts of concepcion prevailed over Banal's overrated skills. Banal was overwhelmed and showed his lack of heart in the ring. He didn't bother to get up due to exhuastion and got KO'ed. I believe he has more to come in his career but ALA must employ something to get their boxers into an elite level...

Just my two cents! :D

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 7:31 am 
Light Heavyweight

nuper17 wrote:
Obviously, the fight last night between Banal and Concepcion should have been a win in favor of our own Banal. But the determination and guts of concepcion prevailed over Banal's overrated skills. Banal was overwhelmed and showed his lack of heart in the ring. He didn't bother to get up due to exhuastion and got KO'ed. I believe he has more to come in his career but ALA must employ something to get their boxers into an elite level...

ya... he's worst than BUMBUM... c BUMBUM dekalibre nag patumba sa kanya... si BASUKA eh BUM lang TUMALO sa kanya... tsk tsk tsk... walang bayag... trans:... NO FOCKING BALLS... :? :? :?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 7:47 am 
Heavyweight

There will be another day mga bros. Why risk his health and being damaged at a very young age? He run out of gas. Even a car without gas won't make it to its destination. What he did is correct and smart. Next time he should make sure he can fight 15 rounds or more.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:34 am 
Welterweight

Sir Thunder_Knuckles I think what he did is not correct. He knew he had a fight he should of prepared well for the entire 12 rounds but he didn't.

This chance may never come again he didn't seize the moment. Sayang!!!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:53 am 
Cruiserweight

nuper17 wrote:

he steps up the ring just to show us how weak he is by quitting...losing is part of the game, and losing helps us to developed our skills, I don't know if quitting will help a boxer, he should quit forever!..My heart really broke when I saw Banal down and never try to stand up, anyways I hope he will developed his stamina on his next fight..I think Donaire is the next big thing in Philippine boxing...

Pacquiao took a big gamble by leaning against the ropes to invite Cotto to whale away, like Muhammad Ali’s rope-a-dope. Only a gutsy and fearless fighter would do it. Pacquiao once more showed how big his heart is..

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:41 am 
Middleweight

his conditioning is not the problem but the lack of defense in body punches... concepcion's body punching did the job...

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:46 am 
Heavyweight

nuper17 wrote:

:brokenhearted:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:48 am 
Cruiserweight

jamie_boy wrote:
his conditioning is not the problem but the lack of defense in body punches... concepcion's body punching did the job...

bro, u can't defend if you're being held...banal should've retaliated at least take some of conception's gas tank

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:55 am 
Light Heavyweight

I doubt his condition when he enter the ring...He can finish Concepcion in rnd 4 but instead he took a rest....Boxers with no heart....Abe has a future in boxing....as I see ALA all of their boxer have the same in common....Overrated!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:58 am 
Light Heavyweight

he must have been over-trained, or over-confident...

other than that, his gas tank is not that full...

ALA should check out the gas before going the full distance...

they might have the fastest and well-equipped vehicle, but they forgot how much the mileage and extent they can go far than expected...

better luck next time...

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:00 am 
Light Heavyweight

“In my honest opinion, he was over-trained and he was too excited to become the champion and he was his own worst enemy. I also believe he will recover and become a world champion someday,” said matchmaker Sampson Lewkowicz

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:03 am 
Heavyweight

WORD!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:04 am 
Middleweight

Each and every fight should be considered important as if a championship.

Banal obviously has the talent and skills but he lacks versatitlity, tactics and the heart required of a champion.

ALA is an excellent stable but there is something mysteriously missing.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:09 am 
Featherweight

LABAN NA BANAL TO LABAN NA HANGAL....

TRANS: HOLY FIGHT TO FOOLISH FIGHT

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:13 am 
Cruiserweight

jamie_boy wrote:

i totally disagree with this. Banal does not lack defense in body punches... he doesnt have any! he totally allowed conception's body punches to keep on landing. and its not just some punch, its a punch with power with it.

but another thing that i noticed very poor in all of ALA boxers is they play too much of unnecessary safety during the moments when they already know they already hurt their opponent. they always give their opponent to recover for too long. i think that's a stupid thing to do. you already got a chance to finish your opponent but refused to take it.

im not saying that they should be careless. but they should have done some way to exploit such opportunities which doesnt always come especially for a tough opponent like these Panamanians. one way to exploit an opponent when he's hurt is to consistently change angles of punches and do some lateral movements to really confuse your opponent. that way, he will surely not only confuse his opponent but also surely find an opening to deliver better follow-up killer punches to finish your opponent.

like i mentioned before during the downfall of Boom2x and Gorrez, ALA pugilists concentrates too much on style and less on tactics and defense. ALA has a very poor defense and conditioning development. you will also notice that ALA pugilists are weak in taking power punches even if their defenses are up. they easily get hurt and out of balanced. ALA will need to do a serious research on improving these areas because its becoming more and more obvious in all of their fighters.