Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Wed Nov 25, 2020 4:53 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 2:07 pm 
Cruiserweight

Thunder_knuckles wrote:
There will be another day mga bros. Why risk his health and being damaged at a very young age? He run out of gas. Even a car without gas won't make it to its destination. What he did is correct and smart. Next time he should make sure he can fight 15 rounds or more.

It is time for ALA management team to change trainer or trainers. I have nothing against Edito V. but ALA's boxers, as good as they are should get the best trainer around who knows how to train their world prospects from A to Z. Meaning, when and how to start and taper off the training before the fight and not just run, jog and spar, run, jog and spar....

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 2:13 pm 
Lightweight

nuper17 wrote:
Obviously, the fight last night between Banal and Concepcion should have been a win in favor of our own Banal. But the determination and guts of concepcion prevailed over Banal's overrated skills. Banal was overwhelmed and showed his lack of heart in the ring. He didn't bother to get up due to exhuastion and got KO'ed. I believe he has more to come in his career but ALA must employ something to get their boxers into an elite level...

Just my two cents! :D

I think this is a classic case of losing stamina in the later rounds...Banal should improve his stamina..the skills are already there as shown in the earlier rounds but when he was asborbing the body shots of Concepcion..he lost steam beginning in the 9th round...the pop on his jobs was no longer there in the 10th and he was just fighting for survival...

He should improve his stamina by jogging more or training in high altitude places...it seems he was trained running on the flat oval of ALA gym not on some high altitude places which build stamina for boxers. This is just my opinion but Banal i'm sure can bounce back from this temporary setback.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 2:19 pm 
Cruiserweight

IronWood_Cebu wrote:
oh btw, pacman lost some fans then too... quite a number of fans too. :wink:

True, bro IW. But Pacman at that time was not a household name yet.

As good as they are, BoomBoom and Bazooka was also a product of media hype kahit wala pang napapatunayan at kung meron man konti pa lang. But because of media hype sumikat agad and the downside is tumanim sa isip nila that they are really good.

Just my observation though.

I'm cool here kahit na 46 degrees Centigrade ang temperature dito sa Saudi Arabia :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 2:23 pm 
Heavyweight

malem50 wrote:
Thunder_knuckles wrote:
There will be another day mga bros. Why risk his health and being damaged at a very young age? He run out of gas. Even a car without gas won't make it to its destination. What he did is correct and smart. Next time he should make sure he can fight 15 rounds or more.

It is time for ALA management team to change trainer or trainers. I have nothing against Edito V. but ALA's boxers, as good as they are should get the best trainer around who knows how to train their world prospects from A to Z. Meaning, when and how to start and taper off the training before the fight and not just run, jog and spar, run, jog and spar....

the conditioning part must be taken with a serious look. i agree 100% on this. we have seen several ala boxers lose steam in the homestretch.

time to correct this imo.

If you have been criticized and charged with negative things by other people; don't get affected. Their opinion is not your reality. It's theirs. Their negativity is a reflection of their own unhappy existence.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 2:24 pm 
Heavyweight

malem50 wrote:

I'm cool here kahit na 46 degrees Centigrade ang temperature dito sa Saudi Arabia :lol:

thats flaming hot bro! :lol:

If you have been criticized and charged with negative things by other people; don't get affected. Their opinion is not your reality. It's theirs. Their negativity is a reflection of their own unhappy existence.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 2:27 pm 
Heavyweight

malem50 wrote:
IronWood_Cebu wrote:
oh btw, pacman lost some fans then too... quite a number of fans too. :wink:

True, bro IW. But Pacman at that time was not a household name yet.

nothing to worry for pacman at that time coz as soon as he started winning again, the "fanatics" went back on board the bandwagon... even cheering louder and crazier. :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 4:45 pm 
Heavyweight

Rezsay wrote:
IronWood_Cebu wrote:
he may have lost last night.
but our support is still with him.
because we know this is what he wants.
aj may have taken a big step backward last night

but we have faith in him
that he'll take that bigger
two steps forward tomorrow.
its his dream, we'll support him all the way.
win or lose.

and we'll be happy
to see you all guys
when aj will be able to recover
and be the champion we envisioned him to be.

the bandwagon then would be full-packed. i bet.

PWDE TO!... PANG MAALAALA MO KAYA ANG DATING EH.. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Is that all you can say?? Go to school and eat some more boy. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:24 am 
Heavyweight

Randster wrote:
Sir Thunder_Knuckles I think what he did is not correct. He knew he had a fight he should of prepared well for the entire 12 rounds but he didn't.

This chance may never come again he didn't seize the moment. Sayang!!!

This is going to be a learning experience for him.