Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Tue Dec 01, 2020 1:27 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Do you like watching Filipino Fighters fight on ABS-CBN sports?
YES 58%  58%  [ 22 ]
HELL NO! 42%  42%  [ 16 ]
Total votes : 38
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:51 am 
Cruiserweight

yep. ABS-CBN has the better hype. Better coverage. Better commentators.

But they produce losers...

ABS-CBN is a nice venue for regional belts but if your goal is a real-deal world championship...go to SOLAR/GMA.

1. Boom-Boom
2. Z
3. Now AJ

Who's next???

The problem with ABS and Dian is that they always brand their boxer as the next Manny Pacquiao? Cmon, the original MP is still in his prime. How come you are looking for the next one? Boxers like Manny, Elorde, etc. come only once in a generation. ALA should consider the network the next time they put someone in line for a world belt.

As for the 3 who won....well in Boom Boom's time, 4 won....in Z's time a couple won also but the main event had a Filipino as the losers.

This country loves winners and no matter how much hype you can give if the boxer loses it will end up just a big boast. :shock: :?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:56 am 
Heavyweight

i don't believe in jinx. concepcion won because i think he is the better conditioned fighter.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:19 am 
Middleweight

Too much hype for ABS-CBN, those boxers are not an actor they need to focus on their training and fight. I like GMA the way they promote and treated for boxers, they just let it flow.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:23 am 
Cruiserweight

I agree...less distraction, the more focused a boxer can become. They can save all the interviews after the fight....when finally have the belt. :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:29 am 
Heavyweight

Location: The more I see of man, the more I like dogs. ~Mme. de Staël
Dyan Castillejo is the worst commentator in a boxing match. She babbles like a little girl, saying things which are irrelevant to the what's happening in the ring. I find her commentaries irritating that I have to turn off my audio to concentrate on the fight.

It's really disgusting to hear her irrelevant commentaries when the most important things that are happening are not taken notice of.

But I don't think ABS CBN and Dyan should be considered as scapegoats for the loss of Banal. Banal lost. Period.

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
~ Mark Twain

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:33 am 
Heavyweight

caloy76 wrote:
yep. ABS-CBN has the better hype. Better coverage. Better commentators.

But they produce losers...

ABS-CBN is a nice venue for regional belts but if your goal is a real-deal world championship...go to SOLAR/GMA.

1. Boom-Boom
2. Z
3. Now AJ

Who's next???

The problem with ABS and Dian is that they always brand their boxer as the next Manny Pacquiao? Cmon, the original MP is still in his prime. How come you are looking for the next one? Boxers like Manny, Elorde, etc. come only once in a generation. ALA should consider the network the next time they put someone in line for a world belt.

As for the 3 who won....well in Boom Boom's time, 4 won....in Z's time a couple won also but the main event had a Filipino as the losers.

This country loves winners and no matter how much hype you can give if the boxer loses it will end up just a big boast. :shock: :?

As I have said, hyped or not, boxers win fights not the networks. You can't blame the networks, it is their job to sell their programs to the viewers. It's part of the game to get higher ratings. Why blame them for the loss of Banal? Banal lost because he fought a more conditioned fighter, albeit less skilled. Period.

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
~ Mark Twain

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:35 am 
Cruiserweight

It just an observed trend....it's not blaming.

Even the best people in the stock market look at trends and they usually do not go against the trend.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:45 am 
Heavyweight

caloy76 wrote:
It just an observed trend....it's not blaming.

Even the best people in the stock market look at trends and they usually do not go against the trend.

You can attribute the trend of string of losses to the network, if the latter has something to do w/ the boxers' training and conditioning which apparently you cannot attribute to. Let's stop finding scapegoats. Let's accept that their opponents are superior than our boys and let's move on and learn from this experience.

Are you saying that if Solar or GMA7 covered the bout, the results would be different? Give it a rest. You're making a fool of yourself.

~ Mark Twain

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:47 am 
Middleweight

bigtime siloso ang TS...

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:50 am 
Cruiserweight

Maybe...if they didn't mind to play 2nd fiddle to Pacman ;) ;) (I'm just keeping this thread alive....)

You know the definition of jinx right? hehehe

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:54 am 
Heavyweight

caloy76 wrote:
Maybe...if they didn't mind to play 2nd fiddle to Pacman ;) ;) (I'm just keeping this thread alive....)

You know the definition of jinx right? hehehe

I don't believe in jinx.
Bernabe Concepcion is being touted by Roach as the next Pacman and he won.
How can you explain that? Is it because his fight was covered by Solar? And Solar is the lucky charm? Pag ganoon ang argumento mo, bro, huwag na lang magtraining ang mga boxers natin at magrely na lang tayo sa swerti o sa Solar? Taga Solar ka ba? :lol:

~ Mark Twain

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:55 am 
Light Heavyweight

LOL I cant believe that there are people who will actually blame the network and commentator for the boxer's loss as if they have anything to do with the boxer's training regimen, Philippine Boxing forum is really getting crappy lately.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:55 am 
Welterweight

Wilson Tieng wrote:
So what if im from Solar? Banal lost, yesterday. Pacquiao lost against Morales Part 2 when, ABS and Castillejo covered. There are a few more Filipino boxers who got upset when Try-hard Dyan covers. Banal got ABSed, and thats all I can say about that!

Are you really Wilson Tieng? :D Nice to know you are not as softspoken like you seem in person. The jinx is still a mystery here though, some blame it on the boxers being on Pacland's "up-an-coming boxer list..the moment they get in the list, they bomb at title fights...I just hope you are right that its Diane and not the forum...because Abe is already in that list. hahaha

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:25 am 
Cruiserweight

At least dyan is good for spanish to tagalog translator. Image

DREAM!! BELIEVE!! AND!! MULTIPLY!! OH YEAH!! XD

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:33 am 
Light Heavyweight

Wilson Tieng wrote:
So what if im from Solar? Banal lost, yesterday. Pacquiao lost against Morales Part 2 when, ABS and Castillejo covered. There are a few more Filipino boxers who got upset when Try-hard Dyan covers. Banal got ABSed, and thats all I can say about that!

Blame everybody for AJ's and other Filipino's loss. Blame your Mother, your father, everyone, including yourself, you maybe are the worst jinx.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next