Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Wed Nov 25, 2020 5:04 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:59 am 
Welterweight

who do you think will win if Z fight Conception???

Z fight Montiel and Darchinyan and gave them a hard fight... and both of them are a class A fighter.. what do you think??

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:37 pm 
Cruiserweight

Same outcome, Gorres will only be good in the early goings using his technique but eventually wear down in the later rounds and will be knocked out. Aj is more superior and tougher fighter than Z, a stonger puncher but he can't take Concepcion out, I can't imagine how those Gorres' pillow punches will be able to do better.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:46 pm 
Heavyweight

nyutz17 wrote:

Z fight Montiel and Darchinyan and gave them a hard fight... and both of them are a class A fighter.. what do you think??

Z Gorres showed in his last fight against Nick Otieno that he is capable of lasting the full distance with gas to spare. He was impressive against the African.

If he fights Concepcion, I expect a twelve round shutout (or a wide margin) victory.

Concepcion is a crude fighter, and he will be peppered with quick punches by Gorres.

Link to Otieno vs Gorres fight article: http://boxingherald.com/news/117/ARTICL ... 06-03.html

Last edited by theDon on Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:48 pm 
atemo wrote:
Same outcome, Gorres will only be good in the early goings using his technique but eventually wear down in the later rounds and will be knocked out. Aj is more superior and tougher fighter than Z, a stonger puncher but he can't take Concepcion out, I can't imagine how those Gorres' pillow punches will be able to do better.

i agree! ala boxers, lack of stamina!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:18 pm 
Cruiserweight

I believe he can... had he improved his STAMINA, that's all he got to do!!! skillwise his far better than "el tortillo" hehehe... same thing with AJ, they really have superb skillls in the ring but got exposed because of STAMINA. Look at COTTO, got amazing skills but never lasted to a more endurance fighter, and Tony isn'y really a big hitter... to some it up, ENDURANCE really plays better than skills imho! would you agree guys?

wanted to sell perfection."

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:19 pm 
Light Heavyweight

without stamina, it will be the usual gorres disappointment we see on him vs montiel or darchi.
amass huge lead in the first six rounds, the lead will shorten on the later parts and have a possibility of gorres being KO'ed.

with stamina, he will be scoring against concepcion. for lack of power on gorres part and durability on concepcion's part it will last the full 12 rounds. but the thing is gorres will be too fast and slick for concepcion to find someone to hang/clinch on to.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:22 pm 
Heavyweight

nyutz17 wrote:

Which el torito. Concepcion or Carrera??

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:59 pm 
Lightweight

nyutz17 wrote:

good idea bro..Z will win of course...

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:36 pm 
Lightweight

analyst_1 wrote:
nyutz17 wrote:

good idea bro..Z will win of course...

I don't know, probably Z, if and only if he's smart enough to avoid those clinch punches to the sides. I think those punches really cost AJ the fight. But since Z is more experienced than Banal, I'd think he should be able to realize that and also dig from his arsenal ways to frustrate Concepcion.

So really, Z has a better chance.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:05 pm 
Middleweight

quiao wrote:
atemo wrote:

i agree! ala boxers, lack of stamina!

and durability

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 7:54 am 
Middleweight

I beleive Z will prevail. Z is too quick for El Torrito. I've noticed that Z runs out of gas whenever he's hit. But Concepcion is no Darchinyan nor Montiel. Gorres will pound him and escape with a UD shutout victory. Gorres is the best boxer in ALA stable. But still, he lacks stamina and power. But his movements, defense, combination of punches are great.

I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed. - Michael Jordan

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:36 am 
Heavyweight

gorres' stamina is no better than aj banal. so my answer is: same result!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:42 am 
Heavyweight

nyutz17 wrote:

At least Z lost to a great world champ in Montiel and had a draw against former great world champ in Vic Darchinyan and kayoed a world contended Glenn Donaire. If it was Z that night no doubt he will win a decision.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:46 am 
Heavyweight

dencioPT101 wrote:

Gorres stamina is alittle better than Banal coz he was able to stand up against great w0rld champs Darchinyan and Montiel. Besides, Gorres came from Nasipit, a small town where i was born.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:48 am 
Middleweight

dencioPT101 wrote:

Really? Have you seen Gorres' last fight? Gorres runs out of gas when he's being hit. Dude, Gorres is used to fighting in full rounds. And there's no way Concepcion will hit Gorres with a solid punch.

I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed. - Michael Jordan