Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Tue Dec 01, 2020 1:11 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:02 pm 
Heavyweight

ospelayo wrote:
clearly banal was so much distracted weakened by concepcion's body punches. and yes, the best way to win over a GULANG is to COUNTER-GULANG.... :)

Agree Banal needs some ring smart or gulang when fighting a tough boxer...

off-topic:

uyy bro long time no hear. musta work?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:49 pm 
Heavyweight

AJ Banal is just too raw for a big fight....

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:43 pm 
Bantamweight

I was hoping people would throw a lot of stuff at concepcion cause he definitely deserves it :P This article sucks the one who made it obviously don't know what he is watching like this part "Concepcion showed that he has the guts to win tough and grinding fights." Sheesh of course he has the guts to cheat and act like a COWARD by clinching. Only coward fighters clinch a lot in my opinion.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:13 pm 
Lightweight

We should ask Banal's coaching staff why they weren't able to solve that during the fight. They should have seen that and advised AJ what to do.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:25 pm 
Middleweight

The referee should have been a caucasian and not Latino to be fair. Latino's are known to be biased when it involves their own kind. That is very obvious in this fight. Reminds me of the ZGorres / Montiel fight. I hope this will be a lesson for us. It's not bad to be demanding sometimes, just like how the Pamanians demanded a neutral judge... etc.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:34 pm 
Light Heavyweight

yes they were chatting as if they were friends.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:43 pm 
Cruiserweight

The way to counter it is to avoid it from the start...If a boxer is approaching, a hit and run tactic is necessary until it frustrates him....Don't try to get close as much as possible to avoid the clinch........

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:07 am 
Light Heavyweight

blackwater wrote:
The way to counter it is to avoid it from the start...If a boxer is approaching, a hit and run tactic is necessary until it frustrates him....Don't try to get close as much as possible to avoid the clinch........

Yes that is the best thing to do first, but once he's already close and has clinched, what others have said is also good.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 7:50 am 
Middleweight

Hit and Run... The best example is Pac vs Diaz. Diaz is a bully. Just watch Diaz vs Morales and you'll see.

Pac did not allow Diaz to bully him to the corner or to the ropes. He bombed his jabs and straights. And whenever Diaz corners him, he just moved away and create angles for his shots. Now, enough of Pac and Diaz.

Going back to AJ's fight, he could have unleashed his straights whenever El torrito is moving forward, making him an "approaching target". But instead, AJ stayed in front of his opponent and catches all his body punches.

If only Roach was on AJ's corner, the result of the fight could have been different.

I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed. - Michael Jordan

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:24 am 
Cruiserweight

We better learn and master this technique...

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 5:51 pm 
Welterweight

boksmk1 wrote:
jab and dance out of trouble.

Yah! Right ang thats what we called "Technique", able to adjust how the opponent style.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 6:04 pm 
Lightweight

Quote:
They clearly underestimated Concepcion. They didn't even bother to do anything about it. There were no adjustments on how to accommodate Concepcion's style. Banal came with the same style like before. It would be nice to keep the other camp guessing of what you would be like the time you come up the ring. I think this is the key of Pacquiao's camp. Each time he fights, at least something new is up his sleeve.

Very good analysis and comment. Like in chess...you must do a counter style. AJ should listen from those very good advise/s made. Thanks BRO!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 8:25 pm 
Lightweight

Itulak mo papalayo sa iyo AJ! Yun ang tactic dapat gaya ni MP vs DD itinutulak nya palayo or sumusuntok sya para lumayo sya.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 8:33 pm 
Heavyweight

pixelpoint wrote:
The referee should have been a caucasian and not Latino to be fair. Latino's are known to be biased when it involves their own kind. That is very obvious in this fight. Reminds me of the ZGorres / Montiel fight. I hope this will be a lesson for us. It's not bad to be demanding sometimes, just like how the Pamanians demanded a neutral judge... etc.

Watch your mouth, that's racial Image

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 8:41 pm 
Middleweight

Aj's lacks brute mentality in his mind. He should push El Torito then follow it with a Bomb, the mistake also was AJ turn away fr0m Concepcion w/o defending himself, he was caught by a huge wallop. 8) thats why AJ = :fight: