Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Tue Dec 01, 2020 2:16 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 3:32 am 
Welterweight

-thanks for putting up a good fight..
learn from first loss mistakes... and get up from it..

-let's all face it.. if manny didnt loss to morales d first fight and draw for marquez d first fight,
would he be as good as he is now?
didn't he became more hungrier and stronger and changed alot after those instances..

-that's why for aj, rey, and our other boxing prospects,
learn from ur loss and ders always another chance to stand up and redeem..

-bashing, discrediting, & criticizing our boxers should be a good motivation for our phil boxers..
kaya tayo di umaasenso.. dahil sa ating crab mentality..
"instead of pushing them more down better be cheering em up when der down so that they can get up and make us proud again.."

-training and draining themselves in the gym to give us a good fight & represent the country is not that easy and like killing themselves.

its not about, not to criticize. and each & everyone of us may say what we want and entitled for its personal opinions.
pero as a filipino making a living in a foreign country, proud pa rin ako to be pinoy even though some of our pinoy prospects are losing in an international competition..
To us pinoys.. mabuhay.. and god bless.. (",

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:09 am 
Middleweight

nice ...

AJ is still young and will improve even more because of this experience. If nothing else, now he knows that it does not merely take skill to win in boxing but also stamina, toughness and adaptability. Learn from this loss and you will be so much better.

We should support our boxers win or lose. We can criticize without having to demean them and make them feel worthless because of a loss.

Others here were calling for a new monicker for AJ just bec he lost. In my opinion, there is no room for that, especially for a young man trying to break into the ranks of the boxing elite.

To AJ ... I am proud of what you have accomplished so far in your budding career. Keep it up, this this loss should serve as an inspiration and gauge of what you need to do to survive and be the best in your division. You will be in tougher fights than this and you will win with the right attitude and determination.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 7:52 am 
Welterweight

assasin_jord wrote:

-bashing, discrediting, & criticizing our boxers should be a good motivation for our phil boxers..
"instead of pushing them more down better be cheering em up when der down so that they can get up and make us proud again.."

-training and draining themselves in the gym to give us a good fight & represent the country is not that easy and like killing themselves.

its not about, not to criticize. and each & everyone of us may say what we want and entitled for its personal opinions.
pero as a filipino making a living in a foreign country, proud pa rin ako to be pinoy even though some of our pinoy prospects are losing in an international competition..

personally, i believe that the harsh criticisms has its purpose. If fighters think its alright to quit on home soil, then we would be breeding quitters. They have to feel that they have to give extra if they are fighting for a title and a little more extra if they're fighting on home soil. Babying them is worse than crab mentality. Cheer them if they win...criticize them if they give a sorry performance. My two cents as a Filipino working and studying in a foreign country.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:13 am 
Heavyweight

for me we can criticize without deaming the boxer and thats a good criticism.

AJ is now in the hospital for lack of potassium did he continue to fight conception maybe AJ was not in the hospital. thank God he choses to quit coz most of the death occur in the ring was cause of lack of potassium.

lets pray for his fast recovery. TO AJ AND THE ALA BOYS WE'LL CONTINUE TO SUPPORT YOU WIN OR LOSE WE'RE PROUD OF YOU GUYS as what the saying goes "CONTINUE THE GOING NEVERMIND THE COMEBACK"

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:58 pm 
Middleweight

scholarwarrior wrote:
assasin_jord wrote:

personally, i believe that the harsh criticisms has its purpose. If fighters think its alright to quit on home soil, then we would be breeding quitters. They have to feel that they have to give extra if they are fighting for a title and a little more extra if they're fighting on home soil. Babying them is worse than crab mentality. Cheer them if they win...criticize them if they give a sorry performance. My two cents as a Filipino working and studying in a foreign country.

winning or losing,, we should cheer for them,,
AJ is still young,, All he need is a trainer like coach roach,
ALA boxing stable should also learn from this mistake,,
it's a world title fight, but they didn't invest well,,,

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:05 pm 
Welterweight

Nice post TS

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:19 pm 
Cruiserweight

For me it doesn't matter kung natalo si AJ. Actually it's good for him. At least now the trainers of AJ can now pin point what is missing on their fighters. Chin up AJ this is just the beginning. Just treat this first (and last I hope) loss as part of your learning process. I still believe that AJ can be a world champion it is just not his day on that night.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 7:03 pm 
Middleweight

levi wrote:

AJ is now in the hospital for lack of potassium did he continue to fight conception maybe AJ was not in the hospital. thank God he choses to quit coz most of the death occur in the ring was cause of lack of potassium.

lets pray for his fast recovery. TO AJ AND THE ALA BOYS WE'LL CONTINUE TO SUPPORT YOU WIN OR LOSE WE'RE PROUD OF YOU GUYS as what the saying goes "CONTINUE THE GOING NEVERMIND THE COMEBACK"

Amen to that Bai Levi. Let's continue to support not just ALA boxers but all Filipino boxers.
Philippine boxing is just starting to roll, boxing clubs and trainers are on their learning curves,
slowly they can be at par with the world's best.

:combo: :combo:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 7:07 pm 
Heavyweight

Let's give special mention to Boom Boom Bautista. Let's all support him. :)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 7:18 pm 
Lightweight

levi wrote:

Lack of potassium? What's the reason for it?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 7:21 pm 
Middleweight

Ed Sa wrote:
Let's give special mention to Boom Boom Bautista. Let's all support him. :)

sounds fishy.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 7:26 pm 
Middleweight

low blow wrote:

baka low lang yong potassium niya dahil sa sobrang pagod kaya bumaba yong potassium niya. correct me if im right. im not a doctor anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 7:32 pm 
Lightweight

alvinB wrote:
low blow wrote:

baka low lang yong potassium niya dahil sa sobrang pagod kaya bumaba yong potassium niya. correct me if im right. im not a doctor anyway.

I'm not in the medical field either, but could somebody please shed lights on this? It may open the mysteries on the ALA boys performance for all we know. Could it be because of too much strenous physical activities or dehydration?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 7:35 pm 
Cruiserweight

assasin_jord wrote:

-let's all face it.. if manny didnt loss to morales d first fight and draw for marquez d first fight,
would he be as good as he is now?
didn't he became more hungrier and stronger and changed alot after those instances..

-that's why for aj, rey, and our other boxing prospects,
learn from ur loss and ders always another chance to stand up and redeem..

Agree to that!

hope AJ's loss will serve as a lesson to be learned!!

AJ is still young, he can bounce back with a big bang!!
meantime, his handlers should study their shortcomings!!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 7:43 pm 
Heavyweight

low blow wrote:
levi wrote:

if it's electrolyte imbalance......well, it should have something to do with AJ's diet....