Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Tue Dec 01, 2020 1:38 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Flaws of AJ
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:08 am 
Offline
Middleweight
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2007 4:05 pm
Posts: 536
Location: Quezon City
1. poor defense—he didn’t know what to do with those body punches during clinch. even though it’s illegal he should have held concepcion’s arm. he also very prone to left hooks to the head and body
2. poor & powerless jab—I think it has something to do with his stance and positioning of his right hand.
3. poor body punching—I don’t why he couldn’t throw body punches to the side of concepcion’s body. he kept throwing those effortful straight lefts to the body—and all it did was push concepcion away.
4. stance—banal has the stance of a counter puncher. the problem is he is not a very good counter puncher. he don’t throw lots of quick combinations. but regardless of the stance, I think he should learn these quick combinations.
5. couldn’t finish—being a one-punch knockout artist I think follow up is something new to him.
6. no economy of moves—he was bouncing unnecessesarily and therefore wasted his energy.

anymore?

let’s help this this kid.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Flaws of AJ
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:54 am 
Offline
Light Heavyweight

Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2004 7:50 pm
Posts: 1253
Like most ALA fighters, he faded in the backstretch.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Flaws of AJ
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:59 am 
Offline
Light Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 18, 2006 10:42 am
Posts: 1762
Location: Pasig
jowee wrote:
1. poor defense—he didn’t know what to do with those body punches during clinch. even though it’s illegal he should have held concepcion’s arm. he also very prone to left hooks to the head and body
2. poor & powerless jab—I think it has something to do with his stance and positioning of his right hand.
3. poor body punching—I don’t why he couldn’t throw body punches to the side of concepcion’s body. he kept throwing those effortful straight lefts to the body—and all it did was push concepcion away.
4. stance—banal has the stance of a counter puncher. the problem is he is not a very good counter puncher. he don’t throw lots of quick combinations. but regardless of the stance, I think he should learn these quick combinations.
5. couldn’t finish—being a one-punch knockout artist I think follow up is something new to him.
6. no economy of moves—he was bouncing unnecessesarily and therefore wasted his energy.

anymore?

let’s help this this kid.


Over all, he is winning until he runs out of gas. I think Stamina is the most noted weakness.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Flaws of AJ
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:02 am 
Offline
Cruiserweight
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 29, 2007 9:31 pm
Posts: 2353
Location: CEBU
Other flaws...maybe his hair...hehehhe.


ALA boys should try growing their hair. ;) They might try using green trunks also.



The biggest flaw is in technique. He thought he can overpower anybody (boom boom also). They cannot use the Mike Tyson template anymore. (Suico was like that also) They should watch the classics (Ali, Leonard, Etc.)

_________________
And the winner by unanimous decision is ...............


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Flaws of AJ
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:16 am 
Offline
Light Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2007 12:11 pm
Posts: 1422
altron wrote:
jowee wrote:
1. poor defense—he didn’t know what to do with those body punches during clinch. even though it’s illegal he should have held concepcion’s arm. he also very prone to left hooks to the head and body
2. poor & powerless jab—I think it has something to do with his stance and positioning of his right hand.
3. poor body punching—I don’t why he couldn’t throw body punches to the side of concepcion’s body. he kept throwing those effortful straight lefts to the body—and all it did was push concepcion away.
4. stance—banal has the stance of a counter puncher. the problem is he is not a very good counter puncher. he don’t throw lots of quick combinations. but regardless of the stance, I think he should learn these quick combinations.
5. couldn’t finish—being a one-punch knockout artist I think follow up is something new to him.
6. no economy of moves—he was bouncing unnecessesarily and therefore wasted his energy.

anymore?

let’s help this this kid.


Over all, he is winning until he runs out of gas. I think Stamina is the most noted weakness.


ALA Boxers runs out of gas everytime they fight tough opponents, just like Z Gorres when he fought Darchi. they have to do something with the conditioning to help the boxers have more endurance. They should have the mentality in which what if the fight will go to 12 grueling rounds considering their boxers doesn't hit as hard as Manny Pacquiao. I dunno if they think that their boxers are going to knock out their opponents in the early rounds, they should train their boxer to fight for 12 HARD rounds regardless of who the opponent is.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Flaws of AJ
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:29 am 
Offline
Middleweight
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2007 4:05 pm
Posts: 536
Location: Quezon City
he wasted too much energy on bouncing.
but those body punches are the biggest contributor.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Flaws of AJ
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:42 am 
Offline
Bantamweight

Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2005 4:19 pm
Posts: 32
They should train as if they are bound to go 15 rounds.

Even Manny Pacquiao who is a proven puncher doesn't rely solely on his power.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Flaws of AJ
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:03 pm 
Offline
Middleweight
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 28, 2006 4:26 pm
Posts: 918
Location: stalingrad
he had the chance to finish conception during rounds 4 and 6 but he gave him a chance to recover. tsktsktsk


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Flaws of AJ
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:16 pm 
Offline
Light Heavyweight

Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2006 10:51 am
Posts: 1730
ala boxers has the skills bt they difinitely dont have the mental toughness to win the fight!they know how to fight bt they dont know how to win a fight esp when faced with a determined opponent!the coaches tought them strategy yet they dont know how to adjust,when the strategy fails them..aj expected concepcion to fall with those telling blows, when he did not,he was lost on what to do!THEY HAVE THE SKILLS BT THEY DONT HAVE THE MENTAL TOUGHNESS WHICH SKILL TO USE IN DIFFRENT SITUATIONS!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Flaws of AJ
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:21 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2005 9:51 am
Posts: 6522
Location: Paranaque City, Philippines
grayfist wrote:
Like most ALA fighters, he faded in the backstretch.


Eya grayfist. Canoy-Jandaeng done. Not quite the definitive ending we were looking for eh?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Flaws of AJ
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:28 pm 
Offline
Light Heavyweight

Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2004 7:50 pm
Posts: 1253
The Butcher wrote:
grayfist wrote:
Like most ALA fighters, he faded in the backstretch.


Eya grayfist. Canoy-Jandaeng done. Not quite the definitive ending we were looking for eh?

Hey, butcher!

Heard about the draw but don't know the details. Do you?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Flaws of AJ
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:33 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2005 9:51 am
Posts: 6522
Location: Paranaque City, Philippines
grayfist wrote:
The Butcher wrote:
grayfist wrote:
Like most ALA fighters, he faded in the backstretch.


Eya grayfist. Canoy-Jandaeng done. Not quite the definitive ending we were looking for eh?

Hey, butcher!

Heard about the draw but don't know the details. Do you?


Trying to find out myself. Let you know when I do 8)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Flaws of AJ
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:45 pm 
Offline
Light Heavyweight

Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2004 7:50 pm
Posts: 1253
The Butcher wrote:
grayfist wrote:
The Butcher wrote:

Eya grayfist. Canoy-Jandaeng done. Not quite the definitive ending we were looking for eh?

Hey, butcher!

Heard about the draw but don't know the details. Do you?


Trying to find out myself. Let you know when I do 8)
Two consecutive draws on his ledger; both on cuts....

If this bout went the way of the previous one (while both lasted), I'm afraid it can't be anything Canoy can crow about.

I got this, but it's not much (apologies to Dong Secuya):

http://philboxing.com/news/story-18100.html


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Flaws of AJ
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:49 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2005 9:51 am
Posts: 6522
Location: Paranaque City, Philippines
grayfist wrote:
The Butcher wrote:
grayfist wrote:
Like most ALA fighters, he faded in the backstretch.


Eya grayfist. Canoy-Jandaeng done. Not quite the definitive ending we were looking for eh?

Hey, butcher!

Heard about the draw but don't know the details. Do you?


Sorry for hijacking this thread for a moment. For more on Canoy's fight, just head here:
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=105740&p=2432804#p2432804


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Flaws of AJ
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:55 pm 
Offline
Light Heavyweight

Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2004 7:50 pm
Posts: 1253
The Butcher wrote:

Sorry for hijacking this thread for a moment. For more on Canoy's fight, just head here:
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=105740&p=2432804#p2432804
Okay. But I'd rather wait for it to be uploaded to youtube and see it for myself. No disrespect meant on Mr. Lagumbay.

Also extending my apologies to TS and the responders to this topic for being a party to the hijacking.


Last edited by grayfist on Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC + 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

philboxing.com | pinoygreats.com
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group