Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Tue Dec 01, 2020 2:04 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Flaws of AJ
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 4:28 pm 
Heavyweight

mardy j.c wrote:
Kulang pa sa gulang Si AJ... Siya pa ang nagugulangan ng 10 panalo na taga-Panama... :(

trans: Back to the drawing board for AEV and AJ... :(

i agree with you bro mardy... hindi marunong manulak si aj habang binabayo siya sa tagiliran nung concepcion... and they were on clinches during those times.

concepcion was clipping aj's left arm while pounding on the right side of his body... sakit. tsk tsk tsk

If you have been criticized and charged with negative things by other people; don't get affected. Their opinion is not your reality. It's theirs. Their negativity is a reflection of their own unhappy existence.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 7:45 pm 
Heavyweight

mardy j.c wrote:
Kulang pa sa gulang Si AJ... Siya pa ang nagugulangan ng 10 panalo na taga-Panama... :(

Yes, kumulang siya ng gulang and diskarte.

By the way, how do we translate 'gulang' and 'diskarte' properly in English?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 7:48 pm 
Light Heavyweight

literally cheat and means.
but it in english, it won't sound like what it sounds like in tagalog the way we perceive it.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 7:59 pm 
Welterweight

jowee wrote:
1. poor defense—he didn’t know what to do with those body punches during clinch. even though it’s illegal he should have held concepcion’s arm. he also very prone to left hooks to the head and body
2. poor & powerless jab—I think it has something to do with his stance and positioning of his right hand.
3. poor body punching—I don’t why he couldn’t throw body punches to the side of concepcion’s body. he kept throwing those effortful straight lefts to the body—and all it did was push concepcion away.
4. stance—banal has the stance of a counter puncher. the problem is he is not a very good counter puncher. he don’t throw lots of quick combinations. but regardless of the stance, I think he should learn these quick combinations.
5. couldn’t finish—being a one-punch knockout artist I think follow up is something new to him.
6. no economy of moves—he was bouncing unnecessesarily and therefore wasted his energy.

anymore?

let’s help this this kid.

Hopefully he visits Pacland and reads the forums...

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:10 pm 
Cruiserweight

Banal was convinced that he could KO his opponent early that is why he went for the kill and spent too much energy. Pinalaki ba ng ALA ang ulo ni AJ? Did ALA convince AJ that he could kill his opponent early?

When he found out that the opponent is tough, he already lost gas. Poor gameplan.

BUT

The most undesirable trait in that fight that is uncharacteristic of a great champion is that he quits. A fighter never quits. Manny Pacquiao got KOed in the past but he never quits. He had a cut in the EM I fight and kept fighting till the end.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:13 pm 
Middleweight

AJ's journey to spotlight is very premature, he's too young i might add. 8)
better send him so Freddie. :D

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:18 pm 
Middleweight

Silverbullet wrote:
Banal was convinced that he could KO his opponent early that is why he went for the kill and spent too much energy. Pinalaki ba ng ALA ang ulo ni AJ? Did ALA convince AJ that he could kill his opponent early?

When he found out that the opponent is tough, he already lost gas. Poor gameplan.

BUT

The most undesirable trait in that fight that is uncharacteristic of a great champion is that he quits. A fighter never quits. Manny Pacquiao got KOed in the past but he never quits. He had a cut in the EM I fight and kept fighting till the end.

leave it to the expert......expert of other people's shortcomings without asking himself if he has also.what a loser.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:18 pm 
Heavyweight

The Butcher wrote:
mardy j.c wrote:

Brains . . . "grey matter." :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:19 pm 
Heavyweight

englishbritish wrote:
literally cheat and means.
but it in english, it won't sound like what it sounds like in tagalog the way we perceive it.

I see what you mean :biglaugh:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:20 pm 
Light Heavyweight

flaws of Boom2x....flaws of Z gorres....flaws of....ALA

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:43 pm 
Cruiserweight

alvinB wrote:
Silverbullet wrote:

BUT

leave it to the expert......expert of other people's shortcomings without asking himself if he has also.what a loser.

I believe rustybullet is an expert Bro. Expert in bashing. No wonder this silver medalist kuno is always bashing ALA boxers. Poor rusty medalist... short of the gold medal. Pwe.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:03 pm 
Middleweight

Par_5 wrote:
alvinB wrote:
Silverbullet wrote:

BUT

I believe rustybullet is an expert Bro. Expert in bashing. No wonder this silver medalist kuno is always bashing ALA boxers. Poor rusty medalist... short of the gold medal. Pwe.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:10 pm 
Heavyweight

The Butcher wrote:

hiramin ko fave term ni manong recah - "ring generalship".....???

but for me, aj lacked the needed maturity in that particular fight... he was being bullied by concepcion... coming at him head-first in numerous times.. heck, there was even an instance that during a clinch, twas seen on tv that concepcion tried to headbutt aj... buti na lang di tumama. what was sad was aj had no answer to his opponent's extra-legal antics. wala siyang tulak o salya sa kalaban... kulang sa gulang.

he's a good kid, thats why.

If you have been criticized and charged with negative things by other people; don't get affected. Their opinion is not your reality. It's theirs. Their negativity is a reflection of their own unhappy existence.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:25 pm 
Heavyweight

IronWood_Cebu wrote:
The Butcher wrote:

but for me, aj lacked the needed maturity in that particular fight... he was being bullied by concepcion... coming at him head-first in numerous times.. heck, there was even an instance that during a clinch, twas seen on tv that concepcion tried to headbutt aj... buti na lang di tumama. what was sad was aj had no answer to his opponent's extra-legal antics. wala siyang tulak o salya sa kalaban... kulang sa gulang.

I agree. As I've posted in another thread, this was the first time I've seen AJ getting bullied like that. Banal should have pushed him down or away or punched back when Concepcion was clinching. Use his elbows to ward him off from clinching or something to that effect. Show Concepcion that he meant business. Kulang nga sa gulang.

AJ Banal needs to develop a mean-streak. He does seem like a really nice kid, but he can't bring that niceness in the ring.

I'm sure he learned something from this. He'll be back, this time a little wiser. 8)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:44 pm 
Light Heavyweight

IronWood_Cebu wrote:
The Butcher wrote:

yup i saw that, when torotot was clinching. usually when one clinches, it's mostly seen as what others call a hug, to stop the opponent from punching. but that clinch wasn't the usual, because he was aiming for Banal's head with the purpose of banging Banal's face on his head. So that he will gain even more edge if Banal will have a cut that will disturb his vision.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next