Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Tue Dec 01, 2020 1:09 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:29 am 
Lightweight

COACHES ARE VERY IMPORTANT TO ATHLETES. THEY ARE THE BLUE PRINT THAT GUIDE THE ATHLETES. AEV LOST TO A WORLD CLASS COACH OF CONCEPCION.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:33 am 
Cruiserweight

Maybe....

A new regimen should be in place for world contenders....They should stop pushing those big tires around the ALA oval. ;)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:33 am 
Heavyweight

musang114 wrote:
COACHES ARE VERY IMPORTANT TO ATHLETES. THEY ARE THE BLUE PRINT THAT GUIDE THE ATHLETES. AEV LOST TO A WORLD CLASS COACH OF CONCEPCION.

know the facts before you blab your mouth.. and would you mind hitting that caps button.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:42 am 
Featherweight

I agree..! Banal should change his trainor. Fredie Roach is the best for him. He can be a world champion with him. unlike with E.villamor..!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:46 am 
Lightweight

I KNOW BCOZ I WAS ONCE AN INTERNATIONAL COMPETITOR/ATHLETE. HINDI NGA LANG BOXING.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:50 am 
Heavyweight

Location: The more I see of man, the more I like dogs. ~Mme. de Staël
musang114 wrote:
I KNOW BCOZ I WAS ONCE AN INTERNATIONAL COMPETITOR/ATHLETE. HINDI NGA LANG BOXING.

Anong sport, bro? Sipa o bunong braso? :lol:

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
~ Mark Twain

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:07 am 
Lightweight

MULATTO, DO NOT LOOK DOWN AND UNDERSTIMATE ANY ATHLETE, BE IT SIPA OR BUNONG BRASO OR CHINESE GARTER. THEY HAVE SOMETHING YOU DO NOT HAVE.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:18 am 
Light Heavyweight

musang114 wrote:

Really? So you mean your coach sucks since we never heard of you, otherwise you are famous now. Or maybe you sucks much than your coach.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:19 am 
Heavyweight

Location: The more I see of man, the more I like dogs. ~Mme. de Staël
musang114 wrote:
MULATTO, DO NOT LOOK DOWN AND UNDERSTIMATE ANY ATHLETE, BE IT SIPA OR BUNONG BRASO OR CHINESE GARTER. THEY HAVE SOMETHING YOU DO NOT HAVE.

How about luksong tinik, piko, o patentero?
I play tennis, bro, and I know what you mean. Our players need to be exposed internationally for actual games and training for them improve and compete internationally.

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
~ Mark Twain

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:24 am 
Lightweight

ok. so you know about scientific/systematic coaching/training. you also know about gut feel/instict (owedo) coaching. i think ala trainers are using the latter. they must attend coaching seminars. we have local and international seminars for that.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:32 am 
Featherweight

I agree. How they discipline and set example to their boxers makes a big difference as well.

Another factor is training in the home turf makes tremendous pressure

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:34 am 
Middleweight

Let's make it constructive bro,[b] "ALA trainers needs to learn more, to win world title"[/b]

Banal have all the chances to finish his opponent in earlier rounds. Again the coaches let it slip from their hands. They always allow the opponent to recover!

Banal failed to throw 10 to 20 punches or more to let the referee call it a TKO every time the opponent is dizzy and holding on for dear life. This is the same failure of Z Gorres why he did not become world champion. A SIMPLE MISTAKE OF NOT THROWING MORE PUNCHES TO THE DIZZY OPPONENT AND LET THE REFEREE CALL A TKO!

Banal was not over trained, he was exhausted by the dozens of kidney punches that Ronnie Nathanielz kept saying they should not allow!

They should learn more form Manny Pacquaio or watch the Casamayor vs. Katsidis fight.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:37 am 
Heavyweight

musang114 wrote:

in a way you maybe right. but there are other factors to consider that is equally important like conditioning and the overall skills of the boxer/s.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:47 am 
Lightweight

exactly. that's under the job of the coach/trainer.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:49 am 
Heavyweight

dencioPT101 wrote:
musang114 wrote:

in a way you maybe right. but there are other factors to consider that is equally important like conditioning and the overall skills of the boxer/s.

:? Skills and conditioning are influenced by coaches too.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next