Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Thu Jan 28, 2021 2:24 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:15 pm 
Middleweight

Silverbullet wrote:
Gorres - NO GASOLINA

Boom Boom - NO CHIN or PANGA puros PORMA

AJ - NO GASO and NO LAKAS NG LOOB (Heart, Determination)

Are these traits due to the fact that they have a poor coach/trainer?

OR

These boxers do not have what it takes?

it should be both...kailagan mgaling pariho....

FR & MP as an example...

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:41 pm 
Welterweight

Kuya Jerms wrote:
Even AJ's neighbors are now cursing him after the loss. Wait till he comes back in the winning column, these same people will be back in the bandwagon...and sing their praises of how "WORLD CLASS" his performances are.......and forget the coaches.....

Let AJ knock them all out then.

Even if he keeps on winning ... people will still be in doubt.
Just look at the case of Boom Boom ... Their aura of invincibility is gone now.

Their only chance of redemption is winning a legit word title and winning it convincingly.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 7:13 pm 
Middleweight

Silverbullet wrote:
Gorres - NO GASOLINA

Boom Boom - NO CHIN or PANGA puros PORMA

AJ - NO GASO and NO LAKAS NG LOOB (Heart, Determination)

Are these traits due to the fact that they have a poor coach/trainer?

OR

These boxers do not have what it takes?

leave it to the expert. thats why silver medalist ka lang d ba?anyway, i dont blame your actuation now coz for sure ganon din nangyari sa yo. :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 7:44 pm 
Heavyweight

adrian32 wrote:
No such thing as bad student... only bad teacher... teacher say... student do... wax in... wax off.... quote from Mr. Miyaji of the Karate Kid.... 8)

Just wondering... How many world champions has the Ala stable produced? This may answer some of the comments within this thread..

Currently, ALA has one world champion in Donnie Nietes.

There are 4, legitimate sanctioning bodies in the WBC, WBA, IBF and WBO, and there are 17 official weight divisions. That would be a total of 68 possible world boxing champions. If you consider the actual weight classes the Filipinos can be competitive (taking away Jr. Welterweight to Heavyweight), that would leave 9 weight classes, which would be a total of 36 total possible champions. ALA has one.

There are several countries in the world right now that don't even have one.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:21 pm 
Welterweight

Nietes is a defeat just waiting to happen.

He is a notch lower than Gorres, Boom Boom and Banal.

If his peers had their own weaknesses, Nietes has a lot of them. He's not a smart fighter, and neither does he have stamina. His strength is only good for dumb patsies, but a smart patsy can give him a lot of trouble, as attested by his last fight.

Put him in there with an average Latino fighter. All his weaknesses will be exposed. I just don't see any championship caliber in him.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:24 pm 
Middleweight

ncmknight wrote:

If his peers had their own weaknesses, Nietes has a lot of them. He's not a smart fighter, and neither does he have stamina. His strength is only good for dumb patsies, but a smart patsy can give him a lot of trouble, as attested by his last fight.

Put him in there with an average Latino fighter. All his weaknesses will be exposed. I just don't see any championship caliber in him.

youre just envy on him bro.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:32 pm 
Heavyweight

ang galing nyu mga boxing guru

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:34 pm 
Heavyweight

ncmknight wrote:

Either way, he is a legitimate champion today. Get over it

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:35 pm 
Middleweight

The problem is he was told that he is ready enough for a big fight despite the fact that he should fight another tune-up fight before he can fight for a world title... this is a biggest mistake by ALA management.. they rushed AJ....

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:43 pm 
Welterweight

alvinB wrote:
ncmknight wrote:

Don't be so childish.

Say what you have in mind. Don't tell me what you think I feel because I have seen Nietes' fights and never been impressed. If there's any fighter I envy, that would be Manny.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:46 pm 
Heavyweight

alexchio9 wrote:
The problem is he was told that he is ready enough for a big fight despite the fact that he should fight another tune-up fight before he can fight for a world title... this is a biggest mistake by ALA management.. they rushed AJ....

Not necessarily. You say he was rushed, yet so many other posters say he's been fed a steady diet of 'bums'. It's always one or the other.

I think Rafael Concepcion was in the right vicinity of competition for AJ. Though he lost, I (as well as so many others in here) think he could've (should've) won it. A few adjustments here in there and he could be an interim world champion now.

Concepcion wasn't a softy (obviously), but he wasn't a dominant world-traveled veteran either (as seen in his pre-fight record of 10-2-1).

AJ lost. No need to complicate it by reading too much into what the trainers did or did not do I suppose.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:49 pm 
Welterweight

The Butcher wrote:
ncmknight wrote:

Either way, he is a legitimate champion today. Get over it

Nietes had a long hiatus, and in that time, I would love to see some improvement in him. Yes, he is a legitimate world champ, but still a flash in the pan to me. And if he continues to fight like Dan Nietes, he'll get ko'd very soon.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:55 pm 
Welterweight

The Butcher wrote:
alexchio9 wrote:

Not necessarily. You say he was rushed, yet so many other posters say he's been fed a steady diet of 'bums'. It's always one or the other.

I think Rafael Concepcion was in the right vicinity of competition for AJ. Though he lost, I (as well as so many others in here) think he could've (should've) won it. A few adjustments here in there and he could be an interim world champion now.

Concepcion wasn't a softy (obviously), but he wasn't a dominant world-traveled veteran either (as seen in his pre-fight record of 10-2-1).

AJ lost. No need to complicate it by reading too much into what the trainers did or did not do I suppose.

I don't think AJ has been fed bums.

I honestly think there's a great difference between a Pinoy fighter and a Latino fighter. What could be a world champion prospect for us could be an average fighter for them. Concepcion was brought to be a competitive opponent but expected to fold under AJ's punches.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:58 pm 
Middleweight

ncmknight wrote:
alvinB wrote:
ncmknight wrote:

Don't be so childish.

Say what you have in mind. Don't tell me what you think I feel because I have seen Nietes' fights and never been impressed. If there's any fighter I envy, that would be Manny.

so what if you are never impressed?does it gives you the right to a derogatory remarks which is uncalled for?kung wala kang masasabing maganda huwag ka nalang magsalita. ok?you hurt them bro dont you know that?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:59 pm 
Light Heavyweight

Kadyo wrote:
I symphatize with aj and mr. tony aldeguer. I think it all started with ala villamor who also failed to win a belt at madison square garden. So many ala boxers are failing when put at world boxing stage. It's almost like a jinx being an ala fighter fighting for a championship belt.

Stop this stupid Jinx! you are not making any sense. The jinx for a boxer is if they failed to prepare for their fights. That is a sure disaster ready to happen. If your life is full of jinx, don't relate to everything and everybody.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next