Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Tue Dec 01, 2020 2:09 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:05 pm 
Middleweight

Banal should be referred to Roach. 8)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:19 pm 
Light Heavyweight

what went wrong??

i think ALA is using too much that night too exposed thier boxers
why the hell those ala boys called on top of the ring in the main event introduction

and so AJ over-exposed

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:20 pm 
Light Heavyweight

I don't believe banal is overtrained. I don't have any idea on the quality of training aj banal got
from ala gym, but it's quite obvious that banal needed more stamina to sustain 12 rounds in a
match. he got exhausted and his punches seemingly had slowed down in the later rounds. aj
got so pumped up in the first few rounds that his energy couldn't support him after the middle
rounds prompting him to get hit in the body by concepcion.

let aj taste defeat and allow him to return as an improved and better fighter. kaya niya...

aihihihi!!! :lol:

baklita

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:24 pm 
Middleweight

chmen wrote:
what went wrong??

i think ALA is using too much that night too exposed thier boxers
why the hell those ala boys called on top of the ring in the main event introduction

and so AJ over-exposed

char, :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:53 pm 
Middleweight

i dont think its the conditioning that affected aj's performance.. its his lack of defense against concepcions body punches.. if you watch the fight closely he has been hit in the body several times and that paid off in the later rounds making him so exhausted..

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:26 pm 
Welterweight

What I meant was AJ overcooked in training and his body didn't respond to it well. His opponent may have 300+ sparring rounds, but his body took it well. Nutrition could have played a role in his conditioning and the bodywork of the Panamanian took its toll on AJ (legal and on clinch).

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:02 pm 
Welterweight

Proper Conditioning and also the Coach or trainer has the big mistake he wasnt able to make adjustment for the dirty tactics of Concepcion.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 6:56 pm 
Light Heavyweight

sicfly wrote:
What I meant was AJ overcooked in training and his body didn't respond to it well. His opponent may have 300+ sparring rounds, but his body took it well. Nutrition could have played a role in his conditioning and the bodywork of the Panamanian took its toll on AJ (legal and on clinch).

If it was concepcion on the canvas, then they will also say he was overtrained/overcooked in training...with 300+ sparring rounds. I don't know any other boxer who trains as much sparring rounds.

When Manny fought JMM and complained about his cramps, almost all said that he overtrained.

But when he went on winning his next bouts, no one dared to say he overtrains.

Even Roach said that Manny has the tendency to overtrain. But because he keeps on winning, it is not an issue.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:06 pm 
Featherweight

yup, lack of defense on the part of Banal and I just heard from the news that he lacked potassium that was the reason why he got tired easily. He should feed him lots of banana next time prior to the fight.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:18 pm 
Featherweight

AJ did not seem hurt nor winded. What were the betting odds in that fight? :wink:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=ezWaEpD9iCA

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:26 pm 
Heavyweight

What exactly went wrong?

Heto daw . . .

“His body collapsed,” ALA said. “He allowed himself to be hit. AJ took a lot of punches to the liver. He received too many body punches.”

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:33 pm 
Heavyweight

Low electrolytes. Kulang sa Gatorade. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:35 pm 
Middleweight

Numero uno wrote:
I ASK YOU'SE? iF VLLAMOR WEN'T BACK TO THE DRAWING BOARD. aND FIND OUT WHAT WEN'T WRONG. THEN WHAT WEN'T WRONG?

First of, Concep is hugely understimated here.. No one knows a thing about him. He is a battler and AJ couldn't put him away.That's what happened in there. Aj broke apart. He fought a guy that was tough. Very tough.

Training: 2 months is a long time. big world load for the kid. ALA find out what's the best prep time. ANd how hard, is good. For the boxer. Style all the same. One-twos that it bounce-bounce one-two.

Just move without bouncing like Pac.
At first AJ BANAL thinks that he is RONALDINHO and he wants to play football... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:39 pm 
Heavyweight

mexifan wrote:
Low electrolytes. Kulang sa Gatorade. :lol:

. . . pero bawal yata ang iminom ng Gatorade in-between rounds. . . hindi gaya sa basketball. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:52 pm 
Welterweight

Kuya Jerms wrote:
sicfly wrote:

If it was concepcion on the canvas, then they will also say he was overtrained/overcooked in training...with 300+ sparring rounds. I don't know any other boxer who trains as much sparring rounds.

When Manny fought JMM and complained about his cramps, almost all said that he overtrained.

But when he went on winning his next bouts, no one dared to say he overtrains.

Even Roach said that Manny has the tendency to overtrain. But because he keeps on winning, it is not an issue.

Youre definitely right mate.
I saw the fight and Banal is simply outclasssed. It was like Margarito and Cotto.
No excuses, this are for lossers only.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next