Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Tue Dec 01, 2020 2:00 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:15 pm 
Middleweight

no problem with conditioning.
he got tired quickly because of body punches he absorbed due to poor defense.

it's just the skills.
1. poor defense
2. weak jab
3. bad stance
4. wasted too much energy
5. poor body punching

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:53 pm 
Lightweight

no.1fan wrote:
What went wrong?
First, I would say the strategy of his opponent is unexpected. AJ and his team did not expect Concepcion to fight dirty. Yes he fought dirty. He clenched and hold AJ's arm's and pummel his side. A good strategy since the referee is dumb. He also uses his head to burrow into AJ.
2nd, Frustration. AJ expected that the referee would do someting about the dirty tactics of his opponents yet he got none. He would sometimes look at the ref to see if Caiz would make some warnings against Concepcion and none came. AJ lost his focus because he was frustrated. If your frustrated you lose your strength very quickly. At one time after the Referee break the 2 AJ was not even on guard. his back was facing Concepcion. Why? No more concentration by AJ and he is weakened by the body blows.

This is the truth of the matter.

bulls eye bro... i guess those morons here who made derogatory remarks to Banal have no slight idea at all how terrible pain it is being punch in the nuts, makes you feel like having your guts sucked apart...
yet he was not even given any chance to recuperate at all that time as the other guy keeps on bashing him as he keeps on countering...

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 7:50 pm 
Cruiserweight

xianli wrote:
Ed Sa wrote:
Stupidity on the part of Team Banal.

agree..

All plan A, no plan B!!!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 11:16 pm 
Cruiserweight

The Ala gym does not yet have skillful complete boxers who are fundamentally trained. Its boxers lacks the training, killer instict, mental toughness and attitude to retaliate and destroy pressure/dirty boxers with a passion.

Its current coaching staff does not yet have the experience, training, skill, talent and brain power to coach and compete on the international stage during big fights. The corner does not care or ashame to speak out and protect their boxers against dirty boxers.

The ALA program does not having an answer for dirty boxers. When ever our boxers fight these type they always wilt under pressure, are easily intimidated and are always the on the receiving end.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=99336&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=15

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 8:37 am 
Bantamweight

At last since registering here last July 26..Thanks for the admin that my user been approved for 5-days processing..haha can't wait to post my observation here in Banal's last fight. :D .

:lol: Well here it is: :-) :lol:

There’s no doubt conception outsmarted banal during there fight last July 26,’08, Banal has the opportunity to finish conception during the 4th round but he let conception hold him and recover his breath instead of pushing conception away then put pressure on him..Until Banal wear down on the 10th round.
Banal has the skills, there’s no doubt about it, but the only problem Banal has:

1. He dunno how to cover his body when they are entangled several times.. he let conception punish with body shots. He never punches back when they get entangled.
2. He has lack of stamina, I guess the ALA boxing staff fully concentrate on this.
3. He is lack of concentration when the referee try to separate them, that’s why he get hit by conception in 10th round., when he turns backward on conception.
4. He is lack of aggressiveness , he hit conception with 1-2 punch then he halt but, he never put pressure on conception specially on the 9th round..even a single round.
5. Lack of punching combination, he never try to release 4-5 punches..or more ( I guess he better ask advices to PACMAN on this. ) ,
6. BANAL Need’s to learn how to handle Pressure., and how to deal DIRTY Fighter’s.. not to look on the referee and keep Complaining, which tends to lost his focus on the fight.

I HOPE THE ALA BOY’S TRIED TO LOOK AT IT ELSE BRING THIS BOY’S TO WILDCARD.