Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Tue Dec 01, 2020 2:08 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post subject: A Message for AJ Banal
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:23 pm 
Middleweight

Most of us are cognizant of this notion; that it is not easy and swift towards success. As your fan I feel sad watching you tasting your first defeat but I am not disappointed of you, we are not. Right now, what I feel is excitement and I cannot wait to see you again inside the ring. I know you will come stronger and wiser next time.

Mabuhay ka AJ!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:01 pm 
Heavyweight

Build up your Leg muscle. It will bring you more wonders. From a fan who never lost hope for your sucess.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:05 pm 
Heavyweight

:cry:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:41 pm 
Light Heavyweight

ALA gym are good on build_up not for the big time.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:13 pm 
Middleweight

Pacquiao has 3 losses - Banal has 1 loss... At 19, Banal has more talent than Pacquiao at this age.
Banal was impressive in this fight. Just lost gas in the late rounds, so now you know your weakness.

At 19, you still have a bright future ahead of you. Don't lose hope and face. You are a great fighter.
And you will surely get that world title in the near future.

Those who criticize You and ALA gym are the dumbest of the dumb. They are worthless, classless,
brainless insects... not worthy to walk this earth...

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:06 pm 
Lightweight

pixelpoint wrote:
Pacquiao has 3 losses - Banal has 1 loss... At 19, Banal has more talent than Pacquiao at this age.
Banal was impressive in this fight. Just lost gas in the late rounds, so now you know your weakness.

At 19, you still have a bright future ahead of you. Don't lose hope and face. You are a great fighter.

Those who criticize You and ALA gym are the dumbest of the dumb. They are worthless, classless,

To AJ: Bai, don't lose hope. You are still young and will bounce back. Just remember to learn from this loss, analyze what went wrong and what you could have done better to win. Like what pixelpoint mentioned on knowing your weakness. When you know your weakness, you have to make ways to improve it. Like what PAC did to toughen up his weak body.

To AEV: Bai, I know you are a good trainer and was a good boxer too. I just hope that you learn from your failures and from your fighter's failures. Know why you/they failed and from there build up strategies to better prepare for world title fights. You can begin this with Nietes as he's about to defend his title. Try to include new things in your preparations, such as modifying your style or molding new tactics when fighting a rugged fighter, who comes forward all the time. Every fight is a different fight so every fight should be approached differently too, you have to be flexible. Add new dimensions in your defense such as emphasizing more on head movements (side to side), throwing your opponent out balanced by developing good leteral movements, know how to defend well during clinches. Add another dimension in your attacks by knowing how to attck on close range (phone boot fight).

To ALA: You've done great job in developing our fighters and in promoting their fights. It is ok to hype your fighter as long as you can back it up. To do that, when you invest on something (like on a talent), be sure that you give everything to make sure it's success. I don't know if you have conditioning coaches, but I guess, judging from your fighters fights, they lacked stamina. Better if the conditioning coached is a well versed in boxing/MMA who knows also how to increase your fighter's tolerance to pain, improves his chin and body.

To pixelpoint: I think you're post is irresponsible. Make sure that you address that to those who "bashes" and "puts down" AJ, ALA or AEV, but never include those people who points out any lapses or mistakes those 3A's made and gives suggestions to better improve themselves. However, there are people who posts moronic messages, they should be the ones to be called "worthless, classless, brainless insects... not worthy to walk this earth..." However, there are those who puts up constructive criticisms. Remember, you don't know me our others who are members of this site. We / They may not be a boxer, trainer or promoter, but surely, some are professionals who knows what we/they are talking about. :D

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:44 pm 
Welterweight

i think there is so much room for improvement for Banal..he is such a talented boxer..he just needs to keep on training..

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 12:23 am 
Middleweight

lapukman wrote:
pixelpoint wrote:

To AJ: Bai, don't lose hope. You are still young and will bounce back. Just remember to learn from this loss, analyze what went wrong and what you could have done better to win. Like what pixelpoint mentioned on knowing your weakness. When you know your weakness, you have to make ways to improve it. Like what PAC did to toughen up his weak body.

To AEV: Bai, I know you are a good trainer and was a good boxer too. I just hope that you learn from your failures and from your fighter's failures. Know why you/they failed and from there build up strategies to better prepare for world title fights. You can begin this with Nietes as he's about to defend his title. Try to include new things in your preparations, such as modifying your style or molding new tactics when fighting a rugged fighter, who comes forward all the time. Every fight is a different fight so every fight should be approached differently too, you have to be flexible. Add new dimensions in your defense such as emphasizing more on head movements (side to side), throwing your opponent out balanced by developing good leteral movements, know how to defend well during clinches. Add another dimension in your attacks by knowing how to attck on close range (phone boot fight).

To ALA: You've done great job in developing our fighters and in promoting their fights. It is ok to hype your fighter as long as you can back it up. To do that, when you invest on something (like on a talent), be sure that you give everything to make sure it's success. I don't know if you have conditioning coaches, but I guess, judging from your fighters fights, they lacked stamina. Better if the conditioning coached is a well versed in boxing/MMA who knows also how to increase your fighter's tolerance to pain, improves his chin and body.

To pixelpoint: I think you're post is irresponsible. Make sure that you address that to those who "bashes" and "puts down" AJ, ALA or AEV, but never include those people who points out any lapses or mistakes those 3A's made and gives suggestions to better improve themselves. However, there are people who posts moronic messages, they should be the ones to be called "worthless, classless, brainless insects... not worthy to walk this earth..." However, there are those who puts up constructive criticisms. Remember, you don't know me our others who are members of this site. We / They may not be a boxer, trainer or promoter, but surely, some are professionals who knows what we/they are talking about. :D

Point taken. But, the word is not "irresponsible" since you understand whom I intended that message for. That's why I did not use the term 'critical'...

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 12:39 am 
Light Heavyweight

Tumayo ka, tuloy ang laban. Kaya mo yan.
Wag mo nang isipin at ilagay sa isip ang talo, wag mo nang patagalin.
Ang isipin mo kung paano ka babangon sa pagsubok na yan.
Magpakatatag ka.
Magdasal at Magtiwala sa Banal na Panginoon.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 1:57 am 
Welterweight

change ka ng trainor..kng pwede sa wild card gym ka mgtrain...mas malaki ang chance mong maging champion doon... kahit kelan di ako nabilib jan sa mga ala gym...walang improvement...di nila nkita ang problema..the gorres fight shold have been a lesson for them pero wla pa rin..yan tuloy same faith ang nangyari ke aj.nwei hope he could rebuild his self again just like marco antonio barrera....

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 2:03 am 
Light Heavyweight

Oh I don't have anything cool to say like you guys, +1 from the TS n lng aq :D

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 2:09 am 
Light Heavyweight

same fate

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 2:11 am 
Cruiserweight

pixelpoint wrote:

Manny Pacquiao never quit in any fight. He never stopped fighting.

Banal had a chance for a title and he quit. He even cried after he quit.

It took a mid major boxer who is tougher than him to expose his desire.

Quitting or hina na loob is almost hard to cure, Banal has no heart of a champion.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 2:21 am 
Lightweight

Don't compare PACMAN for BANAL at 19. Because BANAL got no HEART! PACMAN when he was 19 you could see the trace of Pound for Pound.

AJ you got to work on your stamina and HEART.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 3:37 am 
Light Heavyweight

pixelpoint wrote:
... At 19, Banal has more talent than Pacquiao at this age.

At 19, Manny was a world champion by defeating a lineal flyweight champ.