Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Tue Dec 01, 2020 2:14 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 9:14 am 
Welterweight

jmix wrote:
Critics here questions Banal's heart for not continuing. That was exactly how I felt then. Until quite recently I learned that AJ collapsed while going to the dug out.

I just thought we should be fair to AJ. If what I learned was true then AJ made the right decision in not standing up and go on. Could you just imagine what would happen to this kid had he continued? There were 3 more rounds left and Rafael was still throwing bombs from all angles. I believe AJ would have been in serious fate. At 19 years old, better lose now and live to fight another day.

I don't really care what other people here has to say. But in my eyes, AJ is a complete package. He will bounce back and become a world champion. A rematch with Rafael would remain to favor AJ anytime.

Finally, why is it that ALL Filipino boxers are always compared to Pacman? May I ask who in the world today (at his division) is comparable to Pac? AJ will become a world champion and he doesn't have to be a shadow of Pacman. He will carve his name on his own and he will bring honor to our country as AJ Banal and not as "the next big thing" or "the next Pacman".
i agree with you bro.. people who are bashing our boxers that loses are the ones who don't know boxing at all. shallow water make noise..

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 9:20 am 
Heavyweight

Keep That Hope Alive AJ... :D

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:10 am 
Welterweight

Silverbullet wrote:
pixelpoint wrote:
Pacquiao has 3 losses - Banal has 1 loss... At 19, Banal has more talent than Pacquiao at this age.
Banal was impressive in this fight. Just lost gas in the late rounds, so now you know your weakness.

At 19, you still have a bright future ahead of you. Don't lose hope and face. You are a great fighter.
And you will surely get that world title in the near future.

Those who criticize You and ALA gym are the dumbest of the dumb. They are worthless, classless,
brainless insects... not worthy to walk this earth...

Manny Pacquiao never quit in any fight. He never stopped fighting.

Banal had a chance for a title and he quit. He even cried after he quit.

It took a mid major boxer who is tougher than him to expose his desire.

Quitting or hina na loob is almost hard to cure, Banal has no heart of a champion.

Bro.. nobody knew how AJ felt that time... He may knew that if He will continue he will be badly beaten or badly hurt. There were even champions who didn't get up because something might happened to them..ie Morales on his 3rd fight with manny.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 12:15 pm 
Bantamweight

Fight!!! U can DO it... :)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 1:15 pm 
Heavyweight

JUST A MINOR SETBACK... LEARN FROM THE MISTAKE... BE A WORLD CHAMPION BY THE AGE OF 20.... YOU CAN DO IT !!!! WE STILL BELIEVE IN YOU... KEEP YOU'RE CHIN UP ...:D :D :D :combo:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 1:22 pm 
Flyweight

We love you AJ, and rest assured, the Cebu City Government will even support you more in your future fights! You will surely be world champion soon.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 1:32 pm 
Cruiserweight

Rest up, you can eat as much Tinolang Manok now.

Stop drinking Shakes at Buns and Pizza and you'll be fine. ;)

Good luck with your plans at GBP.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 1:50 pm 
Light Heavyweight

seniorchief wrote:
JUST A MINOR SETBACK... LEARN FROM THE MISTAKE... BE A WORLD CHAMPION BY THE AGE OF 20.... YOU CAN DO IT !!!! WE STILL BELIEVE IN YOU... KEEP YOU'RE CHIN UP ...:D :D :D :combo:

isnt it a no no to keep ur chin up in boxing? :lol: :lol: :lol:

aj is a skilled boxer bt i dont know what happened i realy dont know..no pun intended.. 8) 8)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 1:55 pm 
Light Heavyweight

[quote="jackjakosalem"]We love you AJ, and rest assured, the Cebu City Government will even support you more in your future fights! You will surely be world champion soon.[/quote are you the political figure from cebu sir?just asking..kudos to the sucess of the evnt..eventhough aj came short of winning the fight..

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 2:15 pm 
Heavyweight

pixelpoint wrote:
Pacquiao has 3 losses - Banal has 1 loss... At 19, Banal has more talent than Pacquiao at this age.
Banal was impressive in this fight. Just lost gas in the late rounds, so now you know your weakness.

At 19, you still have a bright future ahead of you. Don't lose hope and face. You are a great fighter.

Those who criticize You and ALA gym are the dumbest of the dumb. They are worthless, classless,

i beg to disagree. pacman is far more better than banal at the age of 19 if your talking comparison. pacman was not pampered for he sweat his self to have food for himself and hisbuddy. to aj, it was given to him by ALA.

pacman is a product of blow by blow of the fighters in such division fight to get to the top while banal its his rich manager have selected his opponent to suit his capacity.

please do not compare banal to pacman.......

wrong way.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 2:21 pm 
Lightweight

go AJ..... you lost today.. tommorow you'll win again..

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 2:44 pm 
Welterweight

ALA Gym should clearly reassess its conditioning program for its boxers, when AJ went down it was clearly a fatigue issue.. and this is not the first incident.

Z gorres in his last fight with darchinyan was clearly out of gas in the last few rounds and was being thrown like a rag doll inside the ring. He's just lucky to get away with a draw..

Another incident was the fight before AJ. Yes, Milan Melindo is clearly losing steam before he discovered the panamanian's chink in the armor. He won by decision but not in a convincing way.

These boxers are very good and technically crafted but how can you win a fight if you can only box a solid six rounds and crumple by the eight?? :(

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 4:18 pm 
Welterweight

fight with a bigger heart next time, it will power u up.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 4:28 pm 
Heavyweight

Silverbullet wrote:
pixelpoint wrote:

Manny Pacquiao never quit in any fight. He never stopped fighting.

Banal had a chance for a title and he quit. He even cried after he quit.

It took a mid major boxer who is tougher than him to expose his desire.

Quitting or hina na loob is almost hard to cure, Banal has no heart of a champion.

I's because Pac has never been knocked down lately. Remember his fight against Singsurat?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 4:50 pm 
Middleweight

TO YOU AJ BANAL, YOU ARE A BOXER!!! NOT A SOCCER PLAYER LIKE RONALDINHO!!!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next