Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Tue Dec 01, 2020 1:38 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 4:54 pm 
Cruiserweight

Change your name to AJ BUNAL so that the people will take you seriously. Banal sounds so holy. Bunal (strike in Visaya) sounds so mean and more fitting as a boxer.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 6:44 pm 
Heavyweight

(please translate in Banal's Dialect)

kaya ka nadapa, para matutong tumayo 8)

(trans: from this time on, there is no way to go but up!) :)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:56 pm 
Cruiserweight

jake_ire wrote:
Most of us are cognizant of this notion; that it is not easy and swift towards success. As your fan I feel sad watching you tasting your first defeat but I am not disappointed of you, we are not. Right now, what I feel is excitement and I cannot wait to see you again inside the ring. I know you will come stronger and wiser next time.

Mabuhay ka AJ!

My advise is for you to take few pcs slow melting candies, swallow whole while still in the dressing room, so that you will have enough energy to last the whole 12 rounds. because in your last fight with concepcion you lost lots of potassium (blood sugar) in your blood, then I think it will be a good idea to have a slow release of sugar gradually. of course you must have to confide a medical practicioner on this.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 8:01 pm 
Heavyweight

nandi wrote:

Sya ay hindi "nadapa" . . . sya ay pinaluhod ni Concepcion. Yan ang banal na katotohanan.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 9:53 pm 
Cruiserweight

jmix wrote:
Critics here questions Banal's heart for not continuing. That was exactly how I felt then. Until quite recently I learned that AJ collapsed while going to the dug out.

I just thought we should be fair to AJ. If what I learned was true then AJ made the right decision in not standing up and go on. Could you just imagine what would happen to this kid had he continued? There were 3 more rounds left and Rafael was still throwing bombs from all angles. I believe AJ would have been in serious fate. At 19 years old, better lose now and live to fight another day.

I don't really care what other people here has to say. But in my eyes, AJ is a complete package. He will bounce back and become a world champion. A rematch with Rafael would remain to favor AJ anytime.

Finally, why is it that ALL Filipino boxers are always compared to Pacman? May I ask who in the world today (at his division) is comparable to Pac? AJ will become a world champion and he doesn't have to be a shadow of Pacman. He will carve his name on his own and he will bring honor to our country as AJ Banal and not as "the next big thing" or "the next Pacman".
Are you blind?AJ has the skills but he does not have stamina/instinct of a champion. If he want to be a champion, he will train and be ready for 24 rounds not just for 6 rounds. He's still young and i'm eager to see him fight again and i hope no more disapppointments because I throw all expecation for him as the next big thing above all filipino boxers. AJ was exposed on that day, the day "El Torito" made him like a kid.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:20 pm 
Middleweight

gbh32001 wrote:
jmix wrote:
Critics here questions Banal's heart for not continuing. That was exactly how I felt then. Until quite recently I learned that AJ collapsed while going to the dug out.

I just thought we should be fair to AJ. If what I learned was true then AJ made the right decision in not standing up and go on. Could you just imagine what would happen to this kid had he continued? There were 3 more rounds left and Rafael was still throwing bombs from all angles. I believe AJ would have been in serious fate. At 19 years old, better lose now and live to fight another day.

I don't really care what other people here has to say. But in my eyes, AJ is a complete package. He will bounce back and become a world champion. A rematch with Rafael would remain to favor AJ anytime.

Finally, why is it that ALL Filipino boxers are always compared to Pacman? May I ask who in the world today (at his division) is comparable to Pac? AJ will become a world champion and he doesn't have to be a shadow of Pacman. He will carve his name on his own and he will bring honor to our country as AJ Banal and not as "the next big thing" or "the next Pacman".
Are you blind?AJ has the skills but he does not have stamina/instinct of a champion. If he want to be a champion, he will train and be ready for 24 rounds not just for 6 rounds. He's still young and i'm eager to see him fight again and i hope no more disapppointments because I throw all expecation for him as the next big thing above all filipino boxers. AJ was exposed on that day, the day "El Torito" made him like a kid.

does not have instinct of a champion? oh com'n what is that instinct of a champion?

please dont expect too much from AJ coz he is not perfect and none of us here are perfect he needs to learn it...practice, practice and practice....

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:38 pm 
Middleweight

Ed Sa wrote:
nandi wrote:

Sya ay hindi "nadapa" . . . sya ay pinaluhod ni Concepcion. Yan ang banal na katotohanan.

youre just playing safe why dont you expressed yourself in a manner that someone read your post may told you that what youve told us was only constructive criticisms.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:47 pm 
Light Heavyweight

DON'T QUIT

When things go wrong, as they sometimes will,
When the road you're trudging seems all up hill,
When the funds are low and the debts are high,
And you want to smile, but you have to sigh,
When care is pressing you down a bit,
Rest! if you must; but don't you quit.

Life is queer with its twists and turns,
As everyone of us sometimes learns,
And many a failure turns about
When he might have won had he stuck it out;
Don't give up, though the pace seems slow;
You might succeed with another blow.

Often the goal is nearer than
It seems to a faint and faltering man,
Often the struggler has given up
When he might have captured the victor's cup.
And he learned too late, when the night slipped down,
How close he was to the golden crown.

Success is failure turned inside out;
The silver tint of the clouds of doubt;
And you never can tell how close you are,
It may be near when it seems afar;
So stick to the fight when you're hardest hit;
It's when things seem worst that you mustn't quit.

:D

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:58 pm 
Heavyweight

just one word: Redemption. :boxing:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 2:03 am 
Strawweight

Quote:
Manny Pacquiao never quit in any fight. He never stopped fighting.

Banal had a chance for a title and he quit. He even cried after he quit.

It took a mid major boxer who is tougher than him to expose his desire.

Quitting or hina na loob is almost hard to cure, Banal has no heart of a champion.

You're absolutely dead-on.

I'm very surprised that AJ gave up just like that. He could have been really dizzy but watching the closeup from the video, it didn't look like he was. He had clear eyes and it's obvious that he was hearing the count from the ref. When the ref said 10, he immediately got up! Considering that he's fighting in his own turf, that really says a lot about his fighting heart.

He's young. I'm sure he's going to be back. Let's just hope that he get's a second chance.

Cheers,
TJ

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 7:56 am 
Light Heavyweight

HAVE A FIGHTING HEART LIKE PACQUIAO OR MARGARITO. GO FOR KILL IF YOU GOT THE CHANCE.. YOU COULD HAVE KO'D CONCEPCION IN THE THIRD ROUND BUT YOU LOST YOUR SPIRIT (NI TALAW). WATCHING IT LIVE, IT WAS OBVIOUS THAT YOU WILL BE KO'D COZ YOU WERE SO TENTATIVE ON THAT FIGHT. HAVE A DEVIL MAY SCARE ATTITUDE AND A NEW TRAINER (F.R.) OR ELSE YOU CAN JUST FORGET YOUR BOXING CAREER. COMEBACK AND TRAIN IN THE U.S. IF POSSIBLE. GOOD LUCK.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:28 am 
Lightweight

During the fight with El Torito, i saw Banal fighting like "BANU". He should change his tactics into a pure boxer since, El Torito is a brawler.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:58 am 
Welterweight

When I first saw you, i told to myself that you are a great boxer. Skills and power is there. But honestly for the past fight you have been even before you lost, I am starting to dislike you in the ring, even though I still watch you fight. It seems that youre not fighting wisely and you are fighting over confident. You are still punching even the bell sounded, hugging and then pushing using your shoulder. Im starting to see one movement and attitude from you and with BoomBoom and Z Gorrez. Well that's just me. Just bring back the old Banal that I see before. Good Luck, you can still do it......

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:17 am 
Welterweight

gbh32001 wrote:
jmix wrote:

Surely, I am not blind! But perhaps you got blinded by your TOO MUCH EXPECTATION. AJ lost steam. Period. Maybe it has something to do with preparation or perhaps poor coaching. Remember his fight with Jovanny Sotto, that guy fought like Rafael too but he AJ was more successful against Sotto. I did not notice anything unusual in AJ that time. He was not fatigued nor gasping for an oxygen tank. He also fought the likes of Angky Angkota who was far more dangerous that Rafael Concepcion. AJ was at the defensive end (always counter punching) for the entire 10 rounds. He didnt lose steam. So I ask, how in the world would AJ not train as hard as you think for 12 rounds in a world title fight in his own backyard. No way...AJ did his best. Perhaps, his coaching team failed to deliver.

Again, AJ is a complete package. He remains to be the best prospect out there for a world title. What we saw could be just a test of his character in the face of defeat.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:12 am 
Featherweight

YgroV wrote:
to ALA Stable:

Edito "Ala" Villamor was a boxer and i think a 3 time world title contender,(i respect him for that) but he is never a world champion, he is making the talents of the ALA boys the same with him, a world title contender but not a world champion. I think here are things perhpas they can check: (1) the training regimen which includes the diet and nutrition, (2) the trainer, replaced it with someone who can make them a champion not just a world titile contender, someone they can afford better the Edito, thy can get a conditioning coach if they want..Aj Banal and Boom-Boom are world class talents look how they Box, but then again they need better mentors, who can impart them how to become a world champion not just a mere mediocre trainer..

may i ask you is freddie roach a world chapion?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next