Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Tue Dec 01, 2020 2:16 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 9:58 am 
Offline
Middleweight

Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2007 6:04 am
Posts: 578
Location: los angeles/davao
mysterious... :lol: :lol: :lol: baka may ghost..

funny shyt.. :lol:

_________________
Life is beautiful enjoy every single of it..


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:03 am 
Offline
Heavyweight

Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2006 3:53 pm
Posts: 10572
Location: Ortigas Sitti
a week before the fight there were reports from agent scully that there were sightings in the philippines, the report said (using advance google earth version), it was from the southern part.
this report leaked thru the new episodes which will be shown in rpn 9. watch for it.

_________________
specs is like a dental floss, everybody wants to have it but nobody wants to do it. -spolsky


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:24 am 
Offline
Light Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2007 12:55 pm
Posts: 1689
Silverbullet wrote:
Overconfidence + Lack of gameness (hina ng loob) is the reason why he lost steam, got KDed and then quit.


I agree...He was Overconfident and the fact that it was done in Cebu his hometown maybe he's also pressured to KO Concepcion and forget to protect himself and allowin El Torito to box him even while clinching. He waited the referee to broke them up while Torito massacred his side. Well, it was a lesson he never forgot for the next fight. I knew Banal is more superb in terms of boxing techniques comparing to Torito but he lack in stamina on that fight.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:48 am 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2006 4:03 pm
Posts: 7986
Location: Tagbilaran, Bohol
THere was nothing mysterious about it... AJ just absorbed body shots more than his body could take. His major mistake was allowing Concepcion to do damage to his midsection, especially on the clinches. AJ just held on to one hand in almost all instances that they were tied up and allowed El Torito's free hand to do tenderizing damage to the side of his belly. It was reminiscent of Pac-Morales II... Concepcion did almost exactly what Pac did to EM in that epic battle.

But I'm sure AJ will bounce back from this debacle. It's a good thing that this happened early in his career. It's a very good learning experience for him, however painful it might have been. I'll be looking forward to his comeback! AJ is still the best Filipino world title prospect in my opinion.

:D

_________________
The most important product of knowledge is ignorance.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:01 am 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2005 9:20 am
Posts: 15191
Reylan wrote:
THere was nothing mysterious about it... AJ just absorbed body shots more than his body could take. His major mistake was allowing Concepcion to do damage to his midsection, especially on the clinches. AJ just held on to one hand in almost all instances that they were tied up and allowed El Torito's free hand to do tenderizing damage to the side of his belly. It was reminiscent of Pac-Morales II... Concepcion did almost exactly what Pac did to EM in that epic battle.

But I'm sure AJ will bounce back from this debacle. It's a good thing that this happened early in his career. It's a very good learning experience for him, however painful it might have been. I'll be looking forward to his comeback! AJ is still the best Filipino world title prospect in my opinion.

:D


and where were you at that time?hehehehehe


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:07 am 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2006 4:03 pm
Posts: 7986
Location: Tagbilaran, Bohol
levi wrote:
Reylan wrote:
THere was nothing mysterious about it... AJ just absorbed body shots more than his body could take. His major mistake was allowing Concepcion to do damage to his midsection, especially on the clinches. AJ just held on to one hand in almost all instances that they were tied up and allowed El Torito's free hand to do tenderizing damage to the side of his belly. It was reminiscent of Pac-Morales II... Concepcion did almost exactly what Pac did to EM in that epic battle.

But I'm sure AJ will bounce back from this debacle. It's a good thing that this happened early in his career. It's a very good learning experience for him, however painful it might have been. I'll be looking forward to his comeback! AJ is still the best Filipino world title prospect in my opinion.

:D


and where were you at that time?hehehehehe


I was in class... but I was able to watch the delayed telecast on studio 23. :D I heard from a reliable source that you guys immediately left the gym after the stunning loss. Is there truth to that? :D

_________________
The most important product of knowledge is ignorance.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:11 am 
Offline
Middleweight
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 12, 2006 10:23 am
Posts: 772
Location: The third man in the Ring
its just the crisp body sh0ts that wore him d0wn. :lol:
crunchy. :fight:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:15 am 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2005 9:20 am
Posts: 15191
Reylan wrote:
levi wrote:
Reylan wrote:
THere was nothing mysterious about it... AJ just absorbed body shots more than his body could take. His major mistake was allowing Concepcion to do damage to his midsection, especially on the clinches. AJ just held on to one hand in almost all instances that they were tied up and allowed El Torito's free hand to do tenderizing damage to the side of his belly. It was reminiscent of Pac-Morales II... Concepcion did almost exactly what Pac did to EM in that epic battle.

But I'm sure AJ will bounce back from this debacle. It's a good thing that this happened early in his career. It's a very good learning experience for him, however painful it might have been. I'll be looking forward to his comeback! AJ is still the best Filipino world title prospect in my opinion.

:D


and where were you at that time?hehehehehe


I was in class... but I was able to watch the delayed telecast on studio 23. :D I heard from a reliable source that you guys immediately left the gym after the stunning loss. Is there truth to that? :D


some of us but me, ramrod, lyndon, aliesh and brownstone waited for 30mins before we left coz our family waiting for us.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:21 am 
Offline
Light Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2008 7:45 pm
Posts: 1480
kalagukoy wrote:
Ba't pag filipino maraming dahilan. Keso overtrained, nutrition, etc, etc. Ayam aminin, maraming palusot.

Kaya natalo is Banal dahil mas magaling si Concepcion. Hindi naman pwedeng magaling si concepcion ay talo siya kay Banal.
Minsan, accept the truth and praise the other boxer.
tigilan na iyang kadadalamhati.
next time, magtraining ng husto. palakasin ang kamao, at patibayin ang dibdib at tagiliran.
Ang boxer para manalo, malakas at matibay.
ImageImage
magkapatid ba si banal at buhain, magkamukha


your statement is wrong. concepcion did not win because he is as you say better than banal.there is no way that concepcion is better than banal in skills. if there was anything he did better than banal he was better in dirty fighting, headbutts,cheapshots to the body.
he only lost because there is failure in the part of their training and coaching.
Being a better boxer doesn't always guarantee you'll win against those who aren't better than you.

_________________
Tip: Styles can be applied quickly to selected text.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:23 am 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2006 4:03 pm
Posts: 7986
Location: Tagbilaran, Bohol
englishbritish wrote:
kalagukoy wrote:
Ba't pag filipino maraming dahilan. Keso overtrained, nutrition, etc, etc. Ayam aminin, maraming palusot.

Kaya natalo is Banal dahil mas magaling si Concepcion. Hindi naman pwedeng magaling si concepcion ay talo siya kay Banal.
Minsan, accept the truth and praise the other boxer.
tigilan na iyang kadadalamhati.
next time, magtraining ng husto. palakasin ang kamao, at patibayin ang dibdib at tagiliran.
Ang boxer para manalo, malakas at matibay.
ImageImage
magkapatid ba si banal at buhain, magkamukha


your statement is wrong. concepcion did not win because he is as you say better than banal.there is no way that concepcion is better than banal in skills. if there was anything he did better than banal he was better in dirty fighting, headbutts,cheapshots to the body.
he only lost because there is failure in the part of their training and coaching.
Being a better boxer doesn't always guarantee you'll win against those who aren't better than you.


Well said. :beer:

_________________
The most important product of knowledge is ignorance.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:48 am 
Offline
Featherweight
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 13, 2006 10:06 am
Posts: 62
A Welcome LOSS if you ask me.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:52 am 
Offline
Middleweight
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 5:46 pm
Posts: 653
The reason is since someone called him a replica of ronaldinho... he intends to play soccer that to play his boxing training regime... instead of punching the mitts, he practice to dribble the soccerball like the way ronaldinho does... so he forgot that he is a boxer... just kidding!!!! anyway, the truth is concepcion plays dirty, he punches concepcion in the body everytime they clinched... as a result... aj's energy was gone.... 8) 8) 8)

_________________
I'm gonna make you an offer you cannot refuse.....


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:57 am 
Offline
Cruiserweight
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 29, 2007 9:31 pm
Posts: 2353
Location: CEBU
He should have given Concepcion a low blow just let him know that he didn't like the clinching style. ;)

He would've gotten Torito's respect. Concepcion knew that Banal was a good boy. :lol:

_________________
And the winner by unanimous decision is ...............


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:59 am 
Offline
Light Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2006 3:38 pm
Posts: 1016
Location: Prague
quiao wrote:
Islandboy wrote:
It maybe the nutritionist fault. Baka pinapakain lng sya ng tuyo't tilapa. 8) 8)

Trans: THey may be feeding his some dried fish.


the cause of it is the illegal body punches of concepcion!


If that body punches were illegal, the ref should have warned Concepcion. I should say that it is a "veteran move" ( gulang ) body punches and Banal don't know how to defend himself against it. They did not expect that Concepcion would last that long and become stronger as rounds goes by.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 12:05 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2005 12:20 pm
Posts: 12707
Location: Yokohama
loopback wrote:
quiao wrote:
Islandboy wrote:
It maybe the nutritionist fault. Baka pinapakain lng sya ng tuyo't tilapa. 8) 8)

Trans: THey may be feeding his some dried fish.


the cause of it is the illegal body punches of concepcion!


If that body punches were illegal, the ref should have warned Concepcion. I should say that it is a "veteran move" ( gulang ) body punches and Banal don't know how to defend himself against it. They did not expect that Concepcion would last that long and become stronger as rounds goes by.


Legal or illegal, boxer should protect themselves at all time...

_________________
“The fight is won or lost far away from the witnesses, behind the lines, in the gym, and out there on the road; long before I dance under those lights.” -Muhammad Ali


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC + 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
philboxing.com | pinoygreats.com
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group