Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum
http://forum.philboxing.com/

AJ Banal's exhaustion: Mysterious?
http://forum.philboxing.com/viewtopic.php?f=93&t=105791
Page 3 of 4

Author:  pogiboi [ Tue Jul 29, 2008 9:58 am ]
Post subject:  Re: AJ Banal's exhaustion: Mysterious?

mysterious... :lol: :lol: :lol: baka may ghost..

funny shyt.. :lol:

Author:  EYB [ Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:03 am ]
Post subject:  Re: AJ Banal's exhaustion: Mysterious?

a week before the fight there were reports from agent scully that there were sightings in the philippines, the report said (using advance google earth version), it was from the southern part.
this report leaked thru the new episodes which will be shown in rpn 9. watch for it.

Author:  ngitit [ Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:24 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Aj Banal's exhaustion: Mysterious?

Silverbullet wrote:
Overconfidence + Lack of gameness (hina ng loob) is the reason why he lost steam, got KDed and then quit.


I agree...He was Overconfident and the fact that it was done in Cebu his hometown maybe he's also pressured to KO Concepcion and forget to protect himself and allowin El Torito to box him even while clinching. He waited the referee to broke them up while Torito massacred his side. Well, it was a lesson he never forgot for the next fight. I knew Banal is more superb in terms of boxing techniques comparing to Torito but he lack in stamina on that fight.

Author:  Reylan [ Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:48 am ]
Post subject:  Re: AJ Banal's exhaustion: Mysterious?

THere was nothing mysterious about it... AJ just absorbed body shots more than his body could take. His major mistake was allowing Concepcion to do damage to his midsection, especially on the clinches. AJ just held on to one hand in almost all instances that they were tied up and allowed El Torito's free hand to do tenderizing damage to the side of his belly. It was reminiscent of Pac-Morales II... Concepcion did almost exactly what Pac did to EM in that epic battle.

But I'm sure AJ will bounce back from this debacle. It's a good thing that this happened early in his career. It's a very good learning experience for him, however painful it might have been. I'll be looking forward to his comeback! AJ is still the best Filipino world title prospect in my opinion.

:D

Author:  levi [ Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:01 am ]
Post subject:  Re: AJ Banal's exhaustion: Mysterious?

Reylan wrote:
THere was nothing mysterious about it... AJ just absorbed body shots more than his body could take. His major mistake was allowing Concepcion to do damage to his midsection, especially on the clinches. AJ just held on to one hand in almost all instances that they were tied up and allowed El Torito's free hand to do tenderizing damage to the side of his belly. It was reminiscent of Pac-Morales II... Concepcion did almost exactly what Pac did to EM in that epic battle.

But I'm sure AJ will bounce back from this debacle. It's a good thing that this happened early in his career. It's a very good learning experience for him, however painful it might have been. I'll be looking forward to his comeback! AJ is still the best Filipino world title prospect in my opinion.

:D


and where were you at that time?hehehehehe

Author:  Reylan [ Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:07 am ]
Post subject:  Re: AJ Banal's exhaustion: Mysterious?

levi wrote:
Reylan wrote:
THere was nothing mysterious about it... AJ just absorbed body shots more than his body could take. His major mistake was allowing Concepcion to do damage to his midsection, especially on the clinches. AJ just held on to one hand in almost all instances that they were tied up and allowed El Torito's free hand to do tenderizing damage to the side of his belly. It was reminiscent of Pac-Morales II... Concepcion did almost exactly what Pac did to EM in that epic battle.

But I'm sure AJ will bounce back from this debacle. It's a good thing that this happened early in his career. It's a very good learning experience for him, however painful it might have been. I'll be looking forward to his comeback! AJ is still the best Filipino world title prospect in my opinion.

:D


and where were you at that time?hehehehehe


I was in class... but I was able to watch the delayed telecast on studio 23. :D I heard from a reliable source that you guys immediately left the gym after the stunning loss. Is there truth to that? :D

Author:  HeHitsTheFloorAgain [ Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:11 am ]
Post subject:  Re: AJ Banal's exhaustion: Mysterious?

its just the crisp body sh0ts that wore him d0wn. :lol:
crunchy. :fight:

Author:  levi [ Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:15 am ]
Post subject:  Re: AJ Banal's exhaustion: Mysterious?

Reylan wrote:
levi wrote:
Reylan wrote:
THere was nothing mysterious about it... AJ just absorbed body shots more than his body could take. His major mistake was allowing Concepcion to do damage to his midsection, especially on the clinches. AJ just held on to one hand in almost all instances that they were tied up and allowed El Torito's free hand to do tenderizing damage to the side of his belly. It was reminiscent of Pac-Morales II... Concepcion did almost exactly what Pac did to EM in that epic battle.

But I'm sure AJ will bounce back from this debacle. It's a good thing that this happened early in his career. It's a very good learning experience for him, however painful it might have been. I'll be looking forward to his comeback! AJ is still the best Filipino world title prospect in my opinion.

:D


and where were you at that time?hehehehehe


I was in class... but I was able to watch the delayed telecast on studio 23. :D I heard from a reliable source that you guys immediately left the gym after the stunning loss. Is there truth to that? :D


some of us but me, ramrod, lyndon, aliesh and brownstone waited for 30mins before we left coz our family waiting for us.

Author:  englishbritish [ Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:21 am ]
Post subject:  Re: AJ Banal's exhaustion: Mysterious?

kalagukoy wrote:
Ba't pag filipino maraming dahilan. Keso overtrained, nutrition, etc, etc. Ayam aminin, maraming palusot.

Kaya natalo is Banal dahil mas magaling si Concepcion. Hindi naman pwedeng magaling si concepcion ay talo siya kay Banal.
Minsan, accept the truth and praise the other boxer.
tigilan na iyang kadadalamhati.
next time, magtraining ng husto. palakasin ang kamao, at patibayin ang dibdib at tagiliran.
Ang boxer para manalo, malakas at matibay.
ImageImage
magkapatid ba si banal at buhain, magkamukha


your statement is wrong. concepcion did not win because he is as you say better than banal.there is no way that concepcion is better than banal in skills. if there was anything he did better than banal he was better in dirty fighting, headbutts,cheapshots to the body.
he only lost because there is failure in the part of their training and coaching.
Being a better boxer doesn't always guarantee you'll win against those who aren't better than you.

Author:  Reylan [ Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:23 am ]
Post subject:  Re: AJ Banal's exhaustion: Mysterious?

englishbritish wrote:
kalagukoy wrote:
Ba't pag filipino maraming dahilan. Keso overtrained, nutrition, etc, etc. Ayam aminin, maraming palusot.

Kaya natalo is Banal dahil mas magaling si Concepcion. Hindi naman pwedeng magaling si concepcion ay talo siya kay Banal.
Minsan, accept the truth and praise the other boxer.
tigilan na iyang kadadalamhati.
next time, magtraining ng husto. palakasin ang kamao, at patibayin ang dibdib at tagiliran.
Ang boxer para manalo, malakas at matibay.
ImageImage
magkapatid ba si banal at buhain, magkamukha


your statement is wrong. concepcion did not win because he is as you say better than banal.there is no way that concepcion is better than banal in skills. if there was anything he did better than banal he was better in dirty fighting, headbutts,cheapshots to the body.
he only lost because there is failure in the part of their training and coaching.
Being a better boxer doesn't always guarantee you'll win against those who aren't better than you.


Well said. :beer:

Author:  kgtnm5 [ Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:48 am ]
Post subject:  Re: AJ Banal's exhaustion: Mysterious?

A Welcome LOSS if you ask me.

Author:  alexchio9 [ Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:52 am ]
Post subject:  Re: AJ Banal's exhaustion: Mysterious?

The reason is since someone called him a replica of ronaldinho... he intends to play soccer that to play his boxing training regime... instead of punching the mitts, he practice to dribble the soccerball like the way ronaldinho does... so he forgot that he is a boxer... just kidding!!!! anyway, the truth is concepcion plays dirty, he punches concepcion in the body everytime they clinched... as a result... aj's energy was gone.... 8) 8) 8)

Author:  caloy76 [ Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:57 am ]
Post subject:  Re: AJ Banal's exhaustion: Mysterious?

He should have given Concepcion a low blow just let him know that he didn't like the clinching style. ;)

He would've gotten Torito's respect. Concepcion knew that Banal was a good boy. :lol:

Author:  loopback [ Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:59 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Aj Banal's exhaustion: Mysterious?

quiao wrote:
Islandboy wrote:
It maybe the nutritionist fault. Baka pinapakain lng sya ng tuyo't tilapa. 8) 8)

Trans: THey may be feeding his some dried fish.


the cause of it is the illegal body punches of concepcion!


If that body punches were illegal, the ref should have warned Concepcion. I should say that it is a "veteran move" ( gulang ) body punches and Banal don't know how to defend himself against it. They did not expect that Concepcion would last that long and become stronger as rounds goes by.

Author:  cinderella_man [ Tue Jul 29, 2008 12:05 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Aj Banal's exhaustion: Mysterious?

loopback wrote:
quiao wrote:
Islandboy wrote:
It maybe the nutritionist fault. Baka pinapakain lng sya ng tuyo't tilapa. 8) 8)

Trans: THey may be feeding his some dried fish.


the cause of it is the illegal body punches of concepcion!


If that body punches were illegal, the ref should have warned Concepcion. I should say that it is a "veteran move" ( gulang ) body punches and Banal don't know how to defend himself against it. They did not expect that Concepcion would last that long and become stronger as rounds goes by.


Legal or illegal, boxer should protect themselves at all time...

Page 3 of 4 All times are UTC + 8 hours
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
https://www.phpbb.com/