Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Tue Dec 01, 2020 1:47 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 1:14 pm 
Welterweight

Mysterious? hahaha! better watch the fight between Cotto and Margarito okey ngarud!?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 4:16 pm 
Welterweight

lacks the spirit of a warrior

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 4:18 pm 
Middleweight

boxster wrote:
lacks the spirit of a warrior

An apprentice warrior i should say. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 4:19 pm 
Heavyweight

Nothing mysterious about it as with all losers that lose stamina.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:50 pm 
Cruiserweight

Wong wrote:

Doctors findings says he lost potassium in his blood, if thats the case, why not swallow 4 pcs of whole white rabbit or any slow melting candies while still in the dressing room? it will slowly melt in his stomach then he will have enough sugar the whole 12 rounds. I dont think it is illegal, you are not taking drugs, only reserve energy

Just my simple idea.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 8:05 pm 
Heavyweight

skipper5398 wrote:
Wong wrote:

Doctors findings says he lost potassium in his blood, if thats the case, why not swallow 4 pcs of whole white rabbit or any slow melting candies while still in the dressing room? it will slowly melt in his stomach then he will have enough sugar the whole 12 rounds. I dont think it is illegal, you are not taking drugs, only reserve energy

Just my simple idea.

If you review what happened systematically, you will arrive to a SYSTEM root cause...

Banal and his team should have noted this one while still on training; that after 8 or 9 rounds, he loses staina, and that they should've made a solution beforehand.

ALA, are you listening?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 8:15 pm 
Middleweight

Just my simple idea.[/quote]
if thats the case,they don't monitor the health condition of AJ during training,it could have been prevented.this socalled lost of potassium findings is done only after it happened.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 8:21 pm 
Heavyweight

Concepcion gave him a sound beating . . . that's just about it.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 11:19 am 
Middleweight

blackwater wrote:
What's your take guys? I was thinking the nutrition and food intake is being handled strictly by nutrition experts....Sabotage?

http://www.manilastandardtoday.com/?pag ... uly28_2008

No bro, it was not a mystery, it was lapse in strategy, try yourself being hit on your sides and body so often, and see if you could last the 12 rounds of boxing. :shock:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 11:28 am 
Lightweight

cinderella_man wrote:
my take... Banal loss to better boxer and good corner that night, fair n square. 8)

That's just fair answer to the question why he didnt win the fight.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 11:39 am 
Lightweight

Wong wrote:
skipper5398 wrote:
Wong wrote:

Just my simple idea.

If you review what happened systematically, you will arrive to a SYSTEM root cause...

Banal and his team should have noted this one while still on training; that after 8 or 9 rounds, he loses staina, and that they should've made a solution beforehand.

ALA, are you listening?

You're just wasting your time doing it here man.. I bet you can't say it if you're infront of Mr Aldeguer.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 1:23 pm 
Welterweight

when a pinoy wins, its because he was the better fighter, no excuses cased closed. and when a pinoy loses, well you get this....

:drinking: YOU HAVE TO LOVE PACLAND :drinking:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 2:01 pm 
Heavyweight

mc_deMags wrote:

Just my simple idea.

if thats the case,they don't monitor the health condition of AJ during training,it could have been prevented.this socalled lost of potassium findings is done only after it happened.[/quote]

bros, from my medical point of view. the hypokalemia (decreased in potassium) wasn't there before the fight. so that even if they checked his blood at that time it will still be normal. the hypokalemia was a result of elctrolyte loss secondary to dehydration. candies can not do the trick. gatoride probably can but it's use is still not allowed in boxing.

the question is why is he dehydrated then? i can only guess that he maybe overtrained and/or his water and food intake was not good the day or the few days before the fight. which bring me again to another question, does he had a hard time making the weight?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 3:09 pm 
Cruiserweight

another ALA bum on the loose!!