Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Tue Dec 01, 2020 2:07 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: ALA: NO EXCUSES
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 1:27 pm 
Cruiserweight

It's hard to find Magulang fighters at ALA gym. They should hire mexicans to toughen up the boys.

cheaper alternative: Send Boom-boom or A-J at CPDRC dressed in skimpy clothes and fight off the inmates. ;)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 1:27 pm 
Welterweight

the_answer wrote:
praktikal wrote:
hire dirty/"magulang" sparmates.

You really live up to your name. Praktikal nga. :)

:lol: :lol: :lol:

plus, train the trainers :lol:

it might be offensive but hey, please put aside your ego for the meantime coz this is the most obvious as to why ALA boxers failed. AJ's almost there for the picking. ALA needs to be more flexible inside the ring. no offense intended. :)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 1:44 pm 
Heavyweight

i just hope... i hope ALA will do measures to toughen-up their boxers. they are all good and have bright potentials. it is very saddening to see them breaking down in the fights that matter most.

If you have been criticized and charged with negative things by other people; don't get affected. Their opinion is not your reality. It's theirs. Their negativity is a reflection of their own unhappy existence.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 1:44 pm 
Heavyweight

AJ . . . can you tell as the answer?

“We don’t know what’s on his mind,” said ALA. “Yes, he was winning comfortably in points and could have easily won the fight had he stayed on. But we don’t know. Only AJ can answer that. We don’t know what he was thinking at that point.”

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 1:45 pm 
Light Heavyweight

DEXTEROUS wrote:
the_answer wrote:
grayfist wrote:

But one must look at the statement of ALA himself as thought provoking when he said, "Concepcion wanted it more," because it can only mean that Banal wanted it less.

The question is then raised, is Tony himself taking a closer look at Banal's "desire"? Is that what is meant by that statment, given the fact that Tony himself is circumspect about his take on why Banal refused to beat the count, as he merely said, "I do not know what was on his mind"?

If that is so, then there's a bigger problem than just the apparent physical issues. Lack of desire is much more difficult to cure than stamina issues, I think.

Tony is an experienced boxingman; 20 years in the sport. On top of that, he is like a father to Banal. He is in the best position to do something about it. But before he can administer the cure, he has to know the ailment. His statements above tell me that he thinks he does, and I believe he's right.

Lack of desire? Come on. His body broke down. It gave up on him. Period.

He even collapsed on the way to the dressing room according to Ed Picson.

Agree! The desire is there but the flesh just could not deliver. IMO of the fight, conditioning
plays the most signficant factor in AJ's loss if the loss in potassium issue is true. If he is
a well conditioned fighter, he could have lost or knocked out of the fight but not to the
extent of having lost his senses and strength after the fight.

I think ALA should concentrate on this aspect of conditioning.

One this is sure here ALA staff are not that dumb not to learn from these experiences.
They will bounce back.
I am assuming that you know better than Mr. Aldeguer himself because those are not what he was quoted as having said in the interview that started this thread.

Edit: Some of ALA's statements are also quoted by new town in his adjoining post.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 2:05 pm 
Heavyweight

new town wrote:

“We don’t know what’s on his mind,” said ALA. “Yes, he was winning comfortably in points and could have easily won the fight had he stayed on. But we don’t know. Only AJ can answer that. We don’t know what he was thinking at that point.”

i think the kid wont be ready yet at this time to answer that difficult question.

im sure the guy is still devastated with the sorry loss. in due time i guess he'll be able to provide answer.

If you have been criticized and charged with negative things by other people; don't get affected. Their opinion is not your reality. It's theirs. Their negativity is a reflection of their own unhappy existence.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 2:09 pm 
Welterweight

also, Mindset is very important. boxers should undergo (ALA might be doing this already, do they?) proper training for body and mind. Championship fight is totally different from ordinary fights. ALA boys are just starting to climb and they are not used to title fights.

Even an ordinary fan (like me) feels the pressure watching the fight, much more to the boxer esp like AJ whom everyone expected to win. the pressure is too much for the boxer.

ALA, please hire an expert (psychologist) for your promising boxers, sayang. Your boxers must learn how to control pressure inside the ring esp during title fights.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 2:21 pm 
Middleweight

Indeed ALA is a class act. His detractors here are just so misinformed about this guy. I never know of a man in PI who loves boxing more than he does. Maybe its been decades since he had a world champion but I don't tjink he and his stable is finished. They will bounce back and reach the top.

Even if there were no heaven or hell, no last judgment — I would never regret having tried to live by the word of God. . . . . If I had my life to live all over again, I wouldn’t change a thing... by: James B. Reuter, SJ

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 2:23 pm 
Cruiserweight

Reylan wrote:
ALA defined failure quite well, baibizz... “You never reach the top unless you reach the bottom.” :D

:lol: :lol: :lol: The problem is they have stayed at the bottom for so long
and has not seen the top yet. To see the top they should overhaul their
staff.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 2:27 pm 
Bantamweight

new town wrote:

according to a reliable source that AJ told him that his body could not continue even his mind willing to continue because he knew that he is ahead of points. AJ promise that he will bounce back and never lose hope.

AJ we will support you win of loss.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 2:40 pm 
Heavyweight

maxito wrote:
new town wrote:

according to a reliable source that AJ told him that his body could not continue even his mind willing to continue because he knew that he is ahead of points. AJ promise that he will bounce back and never lose hope.

AJ we will support you win of loss.

On a television show last night ("Hard Ball") Ronnie Nathanielsz said sometime to the effect that he was puzzled why AJ already weighed the same weight he weighed during the weigh-in, one week before the day of the weigh-in. :? Magulo yata itong post ko, ah. I'm not kidding, though , . . I really heard RN say it. :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 3:20 pm 
Heavyweight

red dog wrote:
Reylan wrote:
ALA defined failure quite well, baibizz... “You never reach the top unless you reach the bottom.” :D

staff.

really bro? who in the ala stable stayed too long at the bottom?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 4:17 pm 
Cruiserweight

We'll AJ landed on his bottom at the end of that fight :(

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 4:40 pm 
Middleweight

IronWood_Cebu wrote:
red dog wrote:
Reylan wrote:

staff.

really bro? who in the ala stable stayed too long at the bottom?

so, where are they n0w br0?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 5:12 pm 
Lightweight

IronWood_Cebu wrote:
though it is my honest opinion that the stable needs to look into its boxers' conditioning... to buuild up their stamina.

though i believe anybody can wilt under those liver-pounding punches concepcion delievered during the clinches... full-stamina or not, one can fall given that pounding.

im just saying that conditioning coach must be incorporated into the ala stable's training program. i know theyre looking at it na as ive heard the management are now closely monitoring their boxer's food intake... it is a step to the right direction. :)

Absolutely true. One thing I'm concerned is the mentality of AJ before and during the fight. What was going on in his mind during the fight? Most of the time, if a fighter's mind is out of the fight he loses, just like Brian Villoria's losses. Should they hire a psychologist or a drill master (those menacing master sargeants we see on TV) to toughen him up mentally and not to loose focus? Maybe a shallow suggestion, but it's difinitely has to be looked at.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next