Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:27 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: ALA: NO EXCUSES
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 5:21 pm 
Middleweight

lapukman wrote:
IronWood_Cebu wrote:
though it is my honest opinion that the stable needs to look into its boxers' conditioning... to buuild up their stamina.

though i believe anybody can wilt under those liver-pounding punches concepcion delievered during the clinches... full-stamina or not, one can fall given that pounding.

im just saying that conditioning coach must be incorporated into the ala stable's training program. i know theyre looking at it na as ive heard the management are now closely monitoring their boxer's food intake... it is a step to the right direction. :)

Absolutely true. One thing I'm concerned is the mentality of AJ before and during the fight. What was going on in his mind during the fight? Most of the time, if a fighter's mind is out of the fight he loses, just like Brian Villoria's losses. Should they hire a psychologist or a drill master (those menacing master sargeants we see on TV) to toughen him up mentally and not to loose focus? Maybe a shallow suggestion, but it's difinitely has to be looked at.

maybe AJ's mentality coming through the fight is absolutely a 100% win. I hope he'll overc0me his problem physically and mentally.. 8)
yeah ur ryt, he needs a Therapist/Psychologist to help him find a way to escape fr0m the trauma.
:shock:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 5:25 pm 
Heavyweight

HeHitsTheFloorAgain wrote:
IronWood_Cebu wrote:
red dog wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol: The problem is they have stayed at the bottom for so long
and has not seen the top yet. To see the top they should overhaul their
staff.

really bro? who in the ala stable stayed too long at the bottom?

so, where are they n0w br0?

name names..

boomboom? gorres? aj? are they really at the bottom? i disagree.

If you have been criticized and charged with negative things by other people; don't get affected. Their opinion is not your reality. It's theirs. Their negativity is a reflection of their own unhappy existence.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 5:47 pm 
Welterweight

C'mon guys its not that bad ... only AJ Banal lost but the other ALA fighters won.

How many boxers do the ALA stable have?

Are Gorres, Banal and Bautista their only prized fighters?
What if these three just don't have it?
What if they are not destined to be world champs? (I hope they would)

For starters ALA might look over their other prospects or scout for one. Who knows ...someone who they don't expect might give them their long dreamed world titles.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 5:49 pm 
Lightweight

who among you here saw the part where AJ got hit in his balls yet the ref failed to see the crime thus they still continue bashing each other..... do you know how draining it is to get hit in your nuts while the pummeling gets going? maybe it was one of the big contributor of AJ's downfall...
I saw in the TV that AJ got hit in the balls and his face irked in deep pain yet since eltorito still kept on charging and the ref did not break the fight, he too just kept on countering while recuperating from the pain in his nuts... surely the hit took it's toll in the later rounds..

i bet it drained his essence there!!!

and screw those physical and mental preparedness bs ... AJ was DAMN well-prepared physically and mentally... he just got his balls hit and it screwed his gas tank a lot.... that's my simple analysis...

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 6:13 pm 
Heavyweight

DaBizz wrote:
http://www.sunstar.com.ph/static/ceb/2008/07/29/sports/pages.ala.says.no.excuses.he.wanted.it.more..html

Kudos to you sir Antonio Lopez Aldeguer. You're the epitome of a real sportsman and gentleman. :toast:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:57 pm 
Lightweight

Ed Sa wrote:
DaBizz wrote:
http://www.sunstar.com.ph/static/ceb/2008/07/29/sports/pages.ala.says.no.excuses.he.wanted.it.more..html

Kudos to you sir Antonio Lopez Aldeguer. You're the epitome of a real sportsman and gentleman. :toast:

Sir ALA, thank you for your unconditional support. I know you are a very good man, a model to our society.

On another perspective, let's also consider other things. It's not that I don't value the things you've done to our boxers, but to be blind of the things or worse not to do something about any mistakes or cause of failure, it's like moving forward headlessly (if we are indeed moving forward at all).

As mod Dabizz said, I understand that you're doing this for free and just helping our boxers. If I may suggest, why don't you put up a budget to some of the suggestions mentioned here at Pacland. Examine and validate our suggestions, after that, plan on how you could get the money to fund those suggestions, like taking a cut from each fighter's purse or ask the fighters to pitch in (any way its for their own good), get more sponsors for them (like PAC, Chavit or FG - anyway these guys benefit from boxing, Corporate sponsors), talk to TV networks to create a program for boxers (ala Team Hughes vs Team Serra of UCF or the Contender) with proceeds going to the boxer's fund, open up boxing clinics with proceeds going to the boxer's funds, etc. Think outside the box.

With this, you can address any problems relating to budget and give our boxers all the things they need to be successful.... and also this makes sure that your sacrifices won't go to naught.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 9:46 pm 
Lightweight

IronWood_Cebu wrote:
isaw14 wrote:

Yeah, we'll keep the "juicy" comments to ourselves lest we get banned. :wink: Some post their juicy comments outside Pacland, just to be "safe" - try here.

/quote]

i wonder what did AJ do to you to merit such hate you have towards the guy... tsk tsk tsk

He lost everything for betting on AJ... that's why... :shock:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:45 pm 
Middleweight

lapukman wrote:
IronWood_Cebu wrote:
isaw14 wrote:

Yeah, we'll keep the "juicy" comments to ourselves lest we get banned. :wink: Some post their juicy comments outside Pacland, just to be "safe" - try here.

/quote]

i wonder what did AJ do to you to merit such hate you have towards the guy... tsk tsk tsk

He lost everything for betting on AJ... that's why... :shock:

hahaahhaah. 10/3 maybe he's the one shouting for 10/3 in favor of banal.bwehehehehehe

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:39 pm 
Welterweight

The bottomline is WE, FILIPINOS are to blame, if indeed it is of necessity for us to make concrete moves; I think we kind of underestimated Concepcion in ways that are more perceptual and mental.

As much as a change or two in the training regimen is a concrete move, I believe it boils down to one crucial but oftentimes ignores issue; the entire nation should (if possible) make the effort to mitigate the search for the next Manny Pacquiao and appreciate our boxers in lieu of their unique and individual traits. He can be an inspiration but not the sole barometer.

Pressure is a silent killer.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:53 am 
Featherweight

new town wrote:
AJ . . . can you tell as the answer?

“We don’t know what’s on his mind,” said ALA. “Yes, he was winning comfortably in points and could have easily won the fight had he stayed on. But we don’t know. Only AJ can answer that. We don’t know what he was thinking at that point.”

you saw the fight if not just watch it...........

..... and you will know the answer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:30 pm 
Cruiserweight

IronWood_Cebu wrote:
red dog wrote:
Reylan wrote:
ALA defined failure quite well, baibizz... “You never reach the top unless you reach the bottom.” :D

:lol: :lol: :lol: The problem is they have stayed at the bottom for so long
and has not seen the top yet. To see the top they should overhaul their
staff.

really bro? who in the ala stable stayed too long at the bottom?

:) :) :) I'm referring to their drought in having a world champ, not counting Nietes. Inspite of their fine boxers, excellent facility and a fine
owner in Mr. Aldeguer, they always come up short. That's what i meant
in being at the bottom for so long.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 7:52 pm 
Cruiserweight

Reylan wrote:
ALA defined failure quite well, baibizz... “You never reach the top unless you reach the bottom.” :D

You never have to reach back the bottom because you started from there!!!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 7:57 pm 
Heavyweight

ALA: Marquez won :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
How bout boom boom-z gorres and banal? did they win? :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:00 pm 
Middleweight

lbcya99 wrote:
ALA: Marquez won :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
How bout boom boom-z gorres and banal? did they win? :lol: :lol: :lol:

did you saw gorres montiel? gorres really win that fight even montiel said to gorres.

boom2x and banal yea they lost but they lost with pride not making any excuses.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:40 am 
Cruiserweight

Oh well, at least these shows that PACLANDers hate losing. YOu would be more surprised of people here are just ok with the loss or do not care about it. :)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next