Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Tue Dec 01, 2020 1:53 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 Post subject: Re: ALA: NO EXCUSES
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:53 am 
Heavyweight

alvinB wrote:
lbcya99 wrote:
ALA: Marquez won :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
How bout boom boom-z gorres and banal? did they win? :lol: :lol: :lol:

did you saw gorres montiel? gorres really win that fight even montiel said to gorres.

boom2x and banal yea they lost but they lost with pride not making any excuses.

Boom lost with pride and dignity intact. Banal? Watch the fight again.

“I sympathize with those who would minimize economic entanglement between nations. Ideas, knowledge, art, hospitality, travel should of their nature be international. But let goods be homespun and finance be primarily national.”
-Keynes

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:56 am 
Heavyweight

it's not the end of the world, Pac-Oscar is coming this Dec. all Filipinos should unite in this historic fight. :D

Manny Pacquiao did not just open the door, but the entire border for our Filipino boxers, trainers, promoters, sports writers and even the Pinoy boxing fans to the boxing world to be reckoned with. Pac Yo Da Man!!!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:55 am 
Welterweight

one thing i can sum it all. ALA boxer/trainers never read pacland. and never watch replays of the fights. how many ALA boxer and almost all boxing promoters see that in almost all fights the stamina is weak in all pinoy pugs. from nietes. gorrez, etc that stamina is a big factor on this fights and never adressed. Also we got lots of threads regarding the state of conditioning of pinoy fighters. But then as they say why they believe us we are just fightfans and they dont care what we say. Its time that pacland invite promoters to have a forum of answering and get along with the members here.
it would be a new experience and good for promoters and boxing fans to let us know how and what they are doing to thier fighters regimen. Also we can ask them and know what they are missing or what preparations they are letting thier fighters for the fight.
a lot of paclanders had good insights and views on how the fights and previous fights goes.
I say we let shiva invite promoters and fighters to have a question and answer on this forum.
but of course it have to be formal and let the nonsense one be filtered. like choosing 20 paclanders who had good records to ask questions on thier favorite promoters and pinoy fighters.

Its time to bring PACLAND to a new level to have a chitchat with its members and let them get along with thier favorite fighters and promoters.

BOSS SHIVA DID READ THIS !!!!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:54 pm 
Cruiserweight

kumander_alibasbas wrote:
one thing i can sum it all. ALA boxer/trainers never read pacland. and never watch replays of the fights. how many ALA boxer and almost all boxing promoters see that in almost all fights the stamina is weak in all pinoy pugs. from nietes. gorrez, etc that stamina is a big factor on this fights and never adressed. Also we got lots of threads regarding the state of conditioning of pinoy fighters. But then as they say why they believe us we are just fightfans and they dont care what we say. Its time that pacland invite promoters to have a forum of answering and get along with the members here.
it would be a new experience and good for promoters and boxing fans to let us know how and what they are doing to thier fighters regimen. Also we can ask them and know what they are missing or what preparations they are letting thier fighters for the fight.
a lot of paclanders had good insights and views on how the fights and previous fights goes.
I say we let shiva invite promoters and fighters to have a question and answer on this forum.
but of course it have to be formal and let the nonsense one be filtered. like choosing 20 paclanders who had good records to ask questions on thier favorite promoters and pinoy fighters.

Its time to bring PACLAND to a new level to have a chitchat with its members and let them get along with thier favorite fighters and promoters.

:) :) :) Nice suggestion K A.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 5:29 pm 
Middleweight

gudz511 wrote:
alvinB wrote:
lbcya99 wrote:
ALA: Marquez won :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
How bout boom boom-z gorres and banal? did they win? :lol: :lol: :lol:

did you saw gorres montiel? gorres really win that fight even montiel said to gorres.

boom2x and banal yea they lost but they lost with pride not making any excuses.

Boom lost with pride and dignity intact. Banal? Watch the fight again.

ive seen the fight live and replay and im still proud of AJ. a loss is a loss no excuses for him coz he run out of gas.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:17 pm 
Featherweight

ALDEGUER STILL LOOKING FOR ANSWERS IN BANAL DEBACLE

By Ronnie Nathanielsz
PhilBoxing.com
Thu, 31 Jul 2008

Even as the shock and disappointment over AJ “Bazooka” Banal’s tenth round knockout at the hands of Panama’s Rafael “El Torito” Concepcion still linger, respected boxing patron Tony Aldeguer of the famed ALA Gym continues to search for answers to the debacle.

While conceding that both Banal and he himself have been hurt by harsh speculation of so-called experts on the reasons for the 19 year old fighter’s defeat, Aldeguer said they haven’t been able to find the answer up to now but will continue to search for one.

Aldeguer told http://www.insidesports.ph as well as Viva Sports/ Manila Standard Today that “only God knows how much we tried to make Banal win that title in terms of his training, diet and mental conditioning.”

He disclosed that Banal sparred over 150 rounds, spent two months in preparation while “maintaining a daily pulse rate between 34-38 per minute, precisely to monitor that he does not get over-trained.”

Aldeguer said Banal never encountered any weight problem because they provided him with a diet of fresh fruits, vegetables, fish, poultry and cereals.

Banal was also provided with separate living quarters of his own and had his brother as his daily companion. He also was provided an unlimited supply of mineral water and Gatorade.

The ALA Gym patron said they “thought of everything under the sun” to give Banal the “best preparation of his life for that big fight.” Posing the question why he lost, Aldeguer replied “we could not find the answer until now” adding it will surely ease our pain if we justify the loss as “the will of God” but it will certainly not provide the answer.

However, if there is any consolation, several top sportsmen who are genuine and knowledgeable boxing fans including San Miguel Corporation chairman Eduardo “Danding” Cojuangco and his brother Henry Cojuangco, Araneta Coliseum owner “Nene” Araneta and WBC founding secretary general Rudy Salud said they were confident Banal would bounce back and eventually become a world champion.

“Danding” Cojuangco said he was impressed by Banal who was good while both he and Henry Cojuangco noted that Banal appeared to be disoriented during the fight when he sometimes would merely walk away during a break with his mind apparently blank.

Dr. Eduardo De Los Reyes earlier told Viva Sports/Manila Standard Today that if Banal’s potassium levels were very low as reported then he would be “like a vegetable and his mind blank” which largely accounted for his defeat. Low potassium levels cause weakness, fatigue and muscle cramps which appeared to hit Banal after the first four or five rounds.

http://philboxing.com/news/story-18154.html

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:50 pm 
Welterweight

I'm no expert but I think ALA needs to have a complete overhaul of their Training staff.

Add a different approach in training, conditioning and nutrition.

Roach added Ariza in his staff to provide a "cutting edge" scientific approach in conditioning because Roach knows that it's not his field of expertise.

Also it seems that AJ's corner is not as experienced and knowledgeble in coming up with fight plans and adjusting in middle of fights when adversaries or things don't go their way.

Missed opportunity, sayang.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:02 pm 
Welterweight

Randster wrote:
I'm no expert but I think ALA needs to have a complete overhaul of their Training staff.

Add a different approach in training, conditioning and nutrition.

Roach added Ariza in his staff to provide a "cutting edge" scientific approach in conditioning because Roach knows that it's not his field of expertise.

Also it seems that AJ's corner is not as experienced and knowledgeble in coming up with fight plans and adjusting in middle of fights when adversaries or things don't go their way.

Missed opportunity, sayang.

:( :( :( :( :( :(

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:17 pm 
Light Heavyweight

ALA should review the composotion of their team. Obviously they need some adjustments on training... The trainers are good enough but not to give a title, and this has been proven not just once but thrice. Its not also a must to be a bottom for you to succeed... You don't need to learn from your own mistakes you can learn from others mistakes. Anyway, let's move forward and obviously they need to adjust somewhere... Doing the same things over and over again and hoping to have a different result is tantamount to craziness....

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:31 pm 
Heavyweight

ALA has good boxers and good training facilities
But he has to hire more experts when it comes to conditioning and stamina building

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:57 am 
Heavyweight

Ramrod wrote:
“His body collapsed,” ALA said. “He allowed himself to be hit. AJ took a lot of punches to the liver. He received too many body punches.”

Should the referee, I inquired, have stepped in more to stop Concepcion from punching while they were locked together?

“I don’t want to make that as an alibi,” he said. “AJ just got hit and hit in the body. AJ should not have held Concepcion’s arm and allowed him to box him using his other hand.”

what puzzled me was that why AJ's corner never gave instructions to hold both concepcion's arms when clinching. or was there an instruction? it looked like there wasn't as AJ never made any attempt to held on to concepcion's right arm that was so free in pumelling his kidney section everytime they clinched. the clinching and the body punches during the clinch was the very big factor why AJ ran out of gas. his corner should have corrected that in the earlier rounds. obviously they never did.........

your guess is good as mine........

something wrong with the coaching staff........ :(

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:36 pm 
Flyweight

Quote:

I have to say that there is a few good reason why trainers and management in general don't read in these forums.
80% of the so called boxing fans just started watching because of Pac. There bandwagon comments don't do any justice. Most comments I see in these boards are to be super critical, but not always on point. I'm sure the promoters of condes don't really like that his being hype as the next one by most of the forum peeps here. In reallity HYPE was built here and not by any promoters. Case in point.. If AJ won the first thing of peoples mouth is. WOOOHOOOO we have another champ. Now some are even calling him overhype. He is the real deal. He ran out of gas and loss. No excuses. It's how you get up from adversity is what makes you a champ. Ask Pacman. He loss when he got knocked the F@ck out by Singsurat, KO'd by Torecampo and also wanted to quit on his fight with Agipito Sachez "Technical Draw". But I bet Pac-fans forget about that. I am a big fan of his and because what he has done after those loses is what made him. Now lets see what the rest of our prospects can do........

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 5:50 pm 
Cruiserweight

I wanna resurrect this thread hehehhee.....Oh boy! :shock:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 5:54 pm 
Middleweight

caloy76 wrote:
A reaction to Ala's quote.

"the higher you fly, the harder the fall"

"the bigger the hype, the bigger the disappointment"

;)

nice man! :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 6:14 pm 
Heavyweight

in the case of Boom boom I think is like a placebo effect, ALA thought Boom Boom is ready for big time boxing because of his good ring record by beating down lesser opponents (for sugar-coating his record) and when he was put in the real test, he failed... :?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7