Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Tue Dec 01, 2020 1:30 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 7:33 pm 
Welterweight

i saw aj banal's recent fight , he went down and got ko but there's something bothering me .
why he did not bother to stand up when he went down . actually he looks ok when he went down but he did not try to stand up like boom boom did .

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 7:40 pm 
Heavyweight

Maybe he does not have the heart of a champion

Vladimir Putin

Rodrigo Duterte

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 7:47 pm 
Heavyweight

This will be a lingering question. Sooner or later, we can expect AJ to provide as the answer . . . for his own "peace of mind".

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 7:53 pm 
Light Heavyweight

Maybe he taught he was betrayed....because most of them say Concepcion is "BUM" 8)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 7:54 pm 
Middleweight

he did not stand up because his body does not respond anymore because of low potassium. he knew that if he will stand up and continue he might end up to cemetery than a loss. i know AJ have a heart of a champion i know that coz that was his dream. he knew also that he was ahead in score but his body does not respond thats why he quit.

please give him a break bros we have to understand him and he we have to support him win or loss.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:14 pm 
Middleweight

He did not stand up because he was afraid for his life if ever the fight resumes. Anybody in the brink of death or in the brink of possible lifetime injury will do the same. You can clearly see in his eyes that he was a done and spent fighter. Probably he is saying to himself "better luck next time, I will not risk my life and health here!"

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:17 pm 
Heavyweight

gassed out... concepcion really pounded his sides bigtime.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:24 pm 
Heavyweight

Ed Sa wrote:
This will be a lingering question. Sooner or later, we can expect AJ to provide as the answer . . . for his own "peace of mind".

Maybe he has no heart, maybe he ran out of gas, maybe he already suffered a lot of body pains from the clinch, or maybe he simply quit, all maybe but all are possibilities and or excuses. Now, lets MOVE ON. 8)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:39 pm 
Heavyweight

alvinB wrote:
he did not stand up because his body does not respond anymore because of low potassium. he knew that if he will stand up and continue he might end up to cemetery than a loss. i know AJ have a heart of a champion i know that coz that was his dream. he knew also that he was ahead in score but his body does not respond thats why he quit.

please give him a break bros we have to understand him and he we have to support him win or loss.

Then why did he stand up immediately after the count? He just waited for the count to end before he stood up. He could stand but he chose not to. Watch the fight again.

“I sympathize with those who would minimize economic entanglement between nations. Ideas, knowledge, art, hospitality, travel should of their nature be international. But let goods be homespun and finance be primarily national.”
-Keynes

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:46 pm 
Middleweight

gudz511 wrote:
alvinB wrote:

Then why did he stand up immediately after the count? He just waited for the count to end before he stood up. He could stand but he chose not to. Watch the fight again.

coz what he feel was not good anymore and he think if he got up and continue to fight maybe theres something could happen to him. i know its hard to believe coz we knew that he is ahead of points and i know also that its not easy to understand why he didnt get up.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:03 pm 
Middleweight

lost cause. he knew he'll lose anyway so why bother

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:09 pm 
Heavyweight

ulap-ulap na daw paningin nya sabi nya sa interview, wala ng nakikita.. so it's possible he can't hear the count too!

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Pacland is the REAL Team Pacquiao.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:28 pm 
Light Heavyweight

hangal wrote:
i saw aj banal's recent fight , he went down and got ko but there's something bothering me .
why he did not bother to stand up when he went down . actually he looks ok when he went down but he did not try to stand up like boom boom did .

tumakbo ka ng non-stop for at least 8 minutes at pagkatapos niyan magpasuntok ka sa tagiliran mo ng libre at yung malalakas na suntok hindi yung pigil for at least 10-15 seconds. tingnan ko lang makakatayo ka pa.
si johny gonzalez nga di nakatayo kaagad sa liver shot ni penalosa eh.

trans:
jog 8 mins, then after that let your body be punched for at least 10-15 seconds without protecting it with your arms.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:31 pm 
Middleweight

i know its hard to believe guys. hopefully, we'll give chance to him.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:16 pm 

Those liver shots are delibitating. Ask Jhonny Gonzalez and Oscar De La Hoya.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next