Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Wed Jan 27, 2021 11:45 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:18 pm 
Heavyweight

he just can't stand it anymore. :boxing:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:22 pm 
Heavyweight

hangal wrote:
i saw aj banal's recent fight , he went down and got ko but there's something bothering me .
why he did not bother to stand up when he went down . actually he looks ok when he went down but he did not try to stand up like boom boom did .

sadista ka naman bro. the mere fact na umabot pa ng 10th round, iginapang talaga ni AJ ang pagpursige nya. kaya lang, matinding punishment na ang natamo ng katawan nya. tao lang din iyan, nasasaktan din.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 11:12 pm 
Middleweight

hangal wrote:
i saw aj banal's recent fight , he went down and got ko but there's something bothering me .
why he did not bother to stand up when he went down . actually he looks ok when he went down but he did not try to stand up like boom boom did .

" Aj Banal suffered a dehydration and low pottasium level on that fight.. "

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 11:16 pm 
Light Heavyweight

Banal can no longer respond. He was too exhausted. Question of heart of a champion is unfair if not plain stupidity.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 11:28 pm 
Heavyweight

his body gave up. it's not a matter of heart. if I were to state more specific, it's like Oskie getting a liver punch from Hopkins.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:07 am 
Welterweight

Hey guys, what a silly question... kasi nakapusta lahat pati si Banal kay Concepcion para naman kayo ngayon lang nagsugal mga bobo!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:40 am 
Welterweight

He was so dizzy, he thought he was fighting in Mexico...that's why he did not bother to stand up.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 2:40 am 
Strawweight

Quote:
tumakbo ka ng non-stop for at least 8 minutes at pagkatapos niyan magpasuntok ka sa tagiliran mo ng libre at yung malalakas na suntok hindi yung pigil for at least 10-15 seconds. tingnan ko lang makakatayo ka pa.
si johny gonzalez nga di nakatayo kaagad sa liver shot ni penalosa eh.

trans:
jog 8 mins, then after that let your body be punched for at least 10-15 seconds without protecting it with your arms.

Sorry to disagree bro. You're comparing apples and oranges. Obviously, for someone untrained, it will be tough just to keep punching even for only a minute. But AJ is a trained professional. That's the whole point. He's trained to go through adversary. And fight for 12 rounds if necessary.

I keep reading about liver shot but it wasn't a liver shot that put him down. It was a series of head shots. But that's just being picky. The point is, it was clear that he still has the ability to stand and fight physically if he wanted to. Why do I say that? Watch the closing seconds again - it was clear that he knew the count and was just waiting for the ref to complete it. At count 10, he immediately stood up. Considering that he is fighting in his own backyard, I can't imagine him going down like that. At least Boom Boom tried all he could to fight and really, that all we can ask from our gallant boxers.

Anyhow, AJ is young. I'm sure he will be back. I just hope his heart will show up next time. Really, it not just talent (think PBF) that makes boxing the greatest sport to watch, it's the only sport where the power of the fighting heart comes in full bloom and in full display (think Corrales).

Cheers,
TJ

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 4:12 am 
Heavyweight

titusja wrote:
Quote:
tumakbo ka ng non-stop for at least 8 minutes at pagkatapos niyan magpasuntok ka sa tagiliran mo ng libre at yung malalakas na suntok hindi yung pigil for at least 10-15 seconds. tingnan ko lang makakatayo ka pa.
si johny gonzalez nga di nakatayo kaagad sa liver shot ni penalosa eh.

trans:
jog 8 mins, then after that let your body be punched for at least 10-15 seconds without protecting it with your arms.

Sorry to disagree bro. You're comparing apples and oranges. Obviously, for someone untrained, it will be tough just to keep punching even for only a minute. But AJ is a trained professional. That's the whole point. He's trained to go through adversary. And fight for 12 rounds if necessary.

I keep reading about liver shot but it wasn't a liver shot that put him down. It was a series of head shots. But that's just being picky. The point is, it was clear that he still has the ability to stand and fight physically if he wanted to. Why do I say that? Watch the closing seconds again - it was clear that he knew the count and was just waiting for the ref to complete it. At count 10, he immediately stood up. Considering that he is fighting in his own backyard, I can't imagine him going down like that. At least Boom Boom tried all he could to fight and really, that all we can ask from our gallant boxers.

Anyhow, AJ is young. I'm sure he will be back. I just hope his heart will show up next time. Really, it not just talent (think PBF) that makes boxing the greatest sport to watch, it's the only sport where the power of the fighting heart comes in full bloom and in full display (think Corrales).

Cheers,
TJ

it's not an apples versus oranges argument.

the headshots brought AJ down but did not take him out. it was the bodyshots accumulated throughout the whole bout that sapped AJ of his energy. that was the reason why AJ kept on covering his midsection and lose his headguard and made him vulnerable to headshot. you can watch it again if you must and count how many times Concepcion throwed some body punches (including the illegal ones). do not underestimate body punches coz they hurt alot as much as getting hit in the head. mawawalan ka talaga ng hangin. remember that there are also other vulnerable organs aside from the liver. that includes the diaphragm and abdomen. a fighter could suffer an abdominal cramp from strong punches. watch a lot of boxing bro and see why a lot of fighters cover their midsection or atleast stay away from getting punched in that area. btw, it's pretty elementary that if your stomach hurts so bad, you cannot stand.

as the saying goes, attack the body and everything will go down with it. watch the entire fight, dont just base your conclusion on the final round. 8) 8)

regarding AJ getting up only after the final count, he made the right decision. he was hurting down below, his body would no longer be able to withstand another of Concepcion's body blows. that's the reason why he refused to stand up and why he appeared not dazed as you say he was.

Last edited by MIC TYSON on Thu Jul 31, 2008 4:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 4:20 am 
Middleweight

hangal wrote:

he simply play it smart by avoiding more punishment,that was i first think.but when he fainted on his way out from the ring and being brought to the hospital for medical check up,then its easy to understand that his body can no longer respond.proper nutrition and health condition might not be properly monitored during training.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 4:25 am 
Heavyweight

mc_deMags wrote:
hangal wrote:

he simply play it smart by avoiding more punishment,that was i first think.but when he fainted on his way out from the ring and being brought to the hospital for medical check up,then its easy to understand that his body can no longer respond.proper nutrition and health condition might not be properly monitored during training.

that's correct. many people here dont know or underestimate the effects of body blows. kala siguro unan lang na dumadapo yung kamao sa tyan. :lol: :lol: :lol:

to those who don't know what it feels to be hit in the midsection a lot of times, it is like having a hammer thrown at you several times. remember that conditioning training that MP undergoes (one with the stick striking his abdomen several times) where he grimaces in pain? that's how painful it is. 8)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 5:13 am 
Lightweight

simply because, he can't continue...('di pa kasi hinog like some of his stable mates...)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 5:33 am 
Featherweight

joevel wrote:
Hey guys, what a silly question... kasi nakapusta lahat pati si Banal kay Concepcion para naman kayo ngayon lang nagsugal mga bobo!

Are you insinuating that Banal threw the fight? GAB should investigate this. :wink:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 5:43 am 
Featherweight

One more thing...people here quickly point out to the "liver" shot as the one that did Banal in...when in fact it seems more of the "spleen" shots (left side of the body) that caused the damage. :wink:

You only have to hit the liver once or twice with full force to get that effect as if you been hit in the balls...the spleen is a much smaller organ and would not compress as much as the liver with one or two shots. Dela Hoya and Gonzales both got liver shots (single shot to the right side of the body) Banal did not. Banal didn't even go down because of a body shot. The accumulated spleen shots I believe sucked the fight out of him.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 5:59 am 
Cruiserweight

Uhmmm...Okey lang sana sumuko na lang, kaso umiyak pa... tsk tsk tsk...The mark of a future world champ :wink:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next