Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Thu Jan 28, 2021 7:43 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:05 am 
Strawweight

HOY---eHHH kung suntukin kaya kita sa (tagiliran) kidney mu ng sampung beses --- tingin mu tatayo ka kaya? bka isang clean bodyshot lang sa'yo tumiklop ka na agad ehhh... Banal is a good boxer --its just he allowed himself to get hit with those bodyshots and they all adds up in the later rounds---

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:11 am 
Middleweight

BEERHAUZ wrote:
Uhmmm...Okey lang sana sumuko na lang, kaso umiyak pa... tsk tsk tsk...The mark of a future world champ :wink:

he cried because he really want to continue but his body cant and he wants to be a champion that his ultimate goal.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:42 am 
Heavyweight

Rusfil wrote:
He was so dizzy, he thought he was fighting in Mexico...that's why he did not bother to stand up.

This would have been understandable but he is in the Philippines. He should have stood up more for himself than for anything else. He cried kay naulaw siya sa iyang kaugalingon. Trans: better luck next time.

“I sympathize with those who would minimize economic entanglement between nations. Ideas, knowledge, art, hospitality, travel should of their nature be international. But let goods be homespun and finance be primarily national.”
-Keynes

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:34 am 
Light Heavyweight

titusja wrote:
Quote:
tumakbo ka ng non-stop for at least 8 minutes at pagkatapos niyan magpasuntok ka sa tagiliran mo ng libre at yung malalakas na suntok hindi yung pigil for at least 10-15 seconds. tingnan ko lang makakatayo ka pa.
si johny gonzalez nga di nakatayo kaagad sa liver shot ni penalosa eh.

trans:
jog 8 mins, then after that let your body be punched for at least 10-15 seconds without protecting it with your arms.

Sorry to disagree bro. You're comparing apples and oranges. Obviously, for someone untrained, it will be tough just to keep punching even for only a minute. But AJ is a trained professional. That's the whole point. He's trained to go through adversary. And fight for 12 rounds if necessary.

I keep reading about liver shot but it wasn't a liver shot that put him down. It was a series of head shots. But that's just being picky. The point is, it was clear that he still has the ability to stand and fight physically if he wanted to. Why do I say that? Watch the closing seconds again - it was clear that he knew the count and was just waiting for the ref to complete it. At count 10, he immediately stood up. Considering that he is fighting in his own backyard, I can't imagine him going down like that. At least Boom Boom tried all he could to fight and really, that all we can ask from our gallant boxers.

Anyhow, AJ is young. I'm sure he will be back. I just hope his heart will show up next time. Really, it not just talent (think PBF) that makes boxing the greatest sport to watch, it's the only sport where the power of the fighting heart comes in full bloom and in full display (think Corrales).

Cheers,
TJ

you did not get what i'm trying to say, i have directed this to the NON-boxers here who are just talking and think they could still get up from the exhaustion and the pounding of the body for 10 rounds. And since we are talking about NON-boxers here, i tried to give them the chance that if any of us here were to become professional boxers then that would be a 4 rounder so that's 12minutes, minus 4 minutes rest for each round.So that's 8minutes of exhaustion. I consider the 4th round having a rest because that's where you are not only physically rested but also mentally rested because the fight is over. Then i gave at least 10-15seconds bodypunching even minimal to what they get to receive in 12 minutes.
What i mean is these guys think it's easy, they haven't thought of the fact that he is only 19 years old. A 19 yr old body is still a 19yr old body no matter how much training he has received. Even if you are a trained boxer, it doesn't mean you don't tire or suffer pain for receiving punches. He could have fought on, but he doesn't want to take the punishment anymore. That would mean another 6 minutes of more punishment. Yes he could have won on points, but he would have spent the last 2 rounds survival mode. If he had done that, many would again criticize him for just surviving and backpedalling the last 2 rounds, what a champion. But for me, that's not his style. He would do the usual thing he did in the previous round, toe to toe, even though his jabs are not effective anymore. Then concepcion will be able to gore his way in and clinch and free cheapshots again. That's another round or two of pain for him.
As i've said it's his body, it's his life he's risking, easy for others who just watch to want him to stand up.
Funny of you to say a Pinoy boxer has no heart in Banal, yet you cited an example for another nationality for having heart. When in fact you don't have to look elsewhere when talking about the best example of heart, that is Filipino Manny Pacquiao. All cut and bloodied, couldn't see properly anymore but he went the whole 12 rounds fighting.
You looked down on a fellow Pinoy, and praised a non-pinoy.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:49 am 
Cruiserweight

It was too f**king painful to stand up.

Too painful that he cried....

Suddenly we blame potassium....hypokalemia will make it hard to stand

:lol: :(

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:52 am 
Light Heavyweight

a durable car even if you bang it up so much might still run. but empty up its gasoline tank and you'll see it sputtering to a halt.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:55 am 
Light Heavyweight

titusja wrote:
Quote:
tumakbo ka ng non-stop for at least 8 minutes at pagkatapos niyan magpasuntok ka sa tagiliran mo ng libre at yung malalakas na suntok hindi yung pigil for at least 10-15 seconds. tingnan ko lang makakatayo ka pa.
si johny gonzalez nga di nakatayo kaagad sa liver shot ni penalosa eh.

trans:
jog 8 mins, then after that let your body be punched for at least 10-15 seconds without protecting it with your arms.

Sorry to disagree bro. You're comparing apples and oranges. Obviously, for someone untrained, it will be tough just to keep punching even for only a minute. But AJ is a trained professional. That's the whole point. He's trained to go through adversary. And fight for 12 rounds if necessary.

I keep reading about liver shot but it wasn't a liver shot that put him down. It was a series of head shots. But that's just being picky. The point is, it was clear that he still has the ability to stand and fight physically if he wanted to. Why do I say that? Watch the closing seconds again - it was clear that he knew the count and was just waiting for the ref to complete it. At count 10, he immediately stood up. Considering that he is fighting in his own backyard, I can't imagine him going down like that. At least Boom Boom tried all he could to fight and really, that all we can ask from our gallant boxers.

Anyhow, AJ is young. I'm sure he will be back. I just hope his heart will show up next time. Really, it not just talent (think PBF) that makes boxing the greatest sport to watch, it's the only sport where the power of the fighting heart comes in full bloom and in full display (think Corrales).

Cheers,
TJ

we all know how many times he received punishment to the side of his body, most of those were illegal. did you even know he received many intentional headbutts?
did you even know he was even hit by an intentional low-blow and that he wasn't even allowed to recuperate but fight immediately?
did you know Banal, collapsed when they took him to the dugout?

to Beerhauz,
lagi kang nagpapansin sa mga posts mo regarding Banal crying, then adding insult to injury by saying mark of a champion.
alam mo bang galing sa mahirap na pamilya si aj? ikaw nagsimula ka ba sa ganyan?
these boxers wouldn't even think of entering boxing if lumaki silang tulad ni Beerhauz na may kaya na sa bata pa lng. eh so what kung umiyak? ikaw kaya kung todo kang nabugbog ng dayo sa harap ng mga barkada mo, at araw2 nilang ipagsasabi sa mukha mong "WALA KA PALA PRE TALONAN KA NAKAKAHIYA KA PWEDE KA PANG BUMANGON NUN PERO UMAYAW KA" tingnan ko lng kung di ka mahihiyang umiyak. Sasabihin mong iiyak ka, pero itatago mo. So sinong mas mukhang bading ngayon ha? Umiyak ka pero nagtatago, tapos lalabas ka sa mundo na lalakeng lalaki na di DAW umiyak. ^^
mag suntokan pa kayo ni Banal, naka headgear ka at kahit naka body gear ka pa ng para sa taekwondo at wala kang gloves. For Banal no headgear pero may gloves. Tingnan natin kung sino ang iyakin.

to isaw14
your post there doesn't reflect what you posted on youtube aj "quitter" banal.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:59 am 
Light Heavyweight

look at aj, that's the face of a fighter with an empty gas tank.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:07 am 
Featherweight

yup, he really went short..

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:12 am 
Cruiserweight

He's already out of gas. If you watch that last round he's starting to get slower. I'm worried that time and it happen what I've worried about.

DREAM!! BELIEVE!! AND!! MULTIPLY!! OH YEAH!! XD

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:26 am 
Middleweight

anu ba naman kay0, qng kayo kaia sa kalalagayan ni AJ?aber?

trans: i feel sorry for AJ. 8)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:34 am 
Heavyweight

BEERHAUZ wrote:
Uhmmm...Okey lang sana sumuko na lang, kaso umiyak pa... tsk tsk tsk...The mark of a future world champ :wink:
you want banal to laugh out loud after giving up the fight...??? that would be a more disgusting scene to watch.... :(

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:21 pm 
Welterweight

Need not to explain why bro it's obvious "No More Gas!!!"

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:26 pm 
Heavyweight

Banal was finished when he went down. What do you want to expect of him, stand up more for another beating? He knows his body more than you know. If he thought he can continue, he must have risen.

Anybody saying "he don't have the heart to continue", think twice.

Kung pinilit pa at hinimatay, malamang sasabihin niyo "dapat hindi na bumangon". :shock:

Banal should continue. Lose and win for another day.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:21 pm 
Heavyweight

BEERHAUZ wrote:

he's 19, how old are you? and what do you call those players who cry during the olympics after they lose? crybabies? it's more of pride thing and a sign of wanting to win if they could just given more or have something more left in them. obviously, Banal wanted to give more kung kaya nya pa, but he knew that his body could not take more punishment. willing ang puso, kaso bumigay na ang katawan.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next