Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Thu Jan 28, 2021 1:45 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:16 pm 
Welterweight

Maybe, I can help a little...body shots usually hit the rib cage most of the time(whether its a "liver shot" or a "spleen shot", however you may call it), the impact of that kind of punch usually produces a very stinging pain on the rib cage affected, which are transmitted by the intercostal nerves located in between ribs. Thus when you try to exhale and inhale after such a punch(remember yung chest natin moves simultaneously with the lungs), hindi masyadong makakuha ng hangin galing sa labas dahil masakit yung rib cage pag huminga ng malalim, kaya kailangan maghintay muna ng ilang minuto para bumalik yung dating hinga nya...If this is the case of AJ, thiis is the mechanism...However, I saw in the other thread about the Potassium issue(taking diuretics before the fight makes you lose water thus your weight goes down), this might be another reason, if it's legal or not I dont know, but mind you, there are diuretics that spares potassium from going out, baka mali yung naibigay na klase I dont know...And such levels after a very explosive fight may happen to any boxer or to any athlete for that reason even without taking the diuretic before any vigoruos activity. My guess? it all comes down to conditioning...MIND and BODY. As the saying goes...."There's always a first time", I hope Pretty Boy comes out of retirement and face Margo...

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:20 pm 
Heavyweight

All I know is that when AJ Banal gave up, he really can't continue fighting. Just like what Cotto was after being battered by Margarito.

Likewise, I think ERIC MORALES was more fit to continue in Pac v EM III, but he winked at his corner and gave up.

Banal is not alone, you see :) Let's just wish him well on his road to redemption! 8) Kailangan din niya matututong mang-gulang. (Trans: He needs to grow up).

Last edited by nandi on Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:24 pm 
Flyweight

marktj wrote:
Lahat naman ng boxers, maski yung mga ordinaryong tao, kapag tinamaan at napuruhan nagkaka-injury - be it inflammation, trauma, hemorrhage, etc.

But boxers are trained to defend themselves AT ALL TIMES. They are trained to watch out for those legal blows, and even for the illegal blows.

Yung ibang mga suntok ni El Torito AJ Banal was able to block. Those body shots during the clinches which, ordinarily, were easier to block hindi nadepensahan ni AJ.

BAKIT?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:29 pm 
Heavyweight

marktj wrote:

Sayang kse si AJ Banal bro. Pati na rin sila Boom-Boom at Z Gorrez. At yung iba pa nilang contemporaries. These are world class fighters who all have a bright future ahead of them. Kelangan lang nila ng world class training din, at hindi lang world class facilities which the ALA Gym already has. Sayang ang oras, ang youthfulness nila. Given the right training and exposure the Philippines will be a real force to reckon with pagdating sa boxing. Malapit na retirement ni Pacman. Those heirs-apparent have fallen short when faced by top contenders.

This problem made itself obvious during the Banal-Concepcion fight. Di nakapag-react si AJ Banal, and his corner failed to wake him up and get him out of the spell. Imagine, paulit-ulit yung suntok sa tagiliran. How ridiculous can that be?

very ridiculous indeed. how many attempts in each round that Concepcion employed this tactic and AJ's corner didn't do something? keep his distance, get out of the huddle asap instead of waiting for concepcion to throw those body punches, employ a mayweather tactic, etc... ang daming paraan and they kept silent. I believe ALA said it best, there is no excuse for what happened. it only says that they already had given everything that they knew. they lack tactics or how to change tactics during the fight. di nakapag-adapt si AJ, di rin nabigyan ng tactic. "ang galing ng ginawa mo Manny" -tactic by Buboy ! :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:36 pm 
Featherweight

fahkncute wrote:
HOY---eHHH kung suntukin kaya kita sa (tagiliran) kidney mu ng sampung beses --- tingin mu tatayo ka kaya? bka isang clean bodyshot lang sa'yo tumiklop ka na agad ehhh... Banal is a good boxer --its just he allowed himself to get hit with those bodyshots and they all adds up in the later rounds---

a BOXER trains to receive shots to the side of their bodies...ordinary posters do not, that is why we have guns.

You also say that Banal is a good boxer yet you also said he "allowed" himself to get hit...that doesn't add up and is surely not a mark or a "good boxer"...unless you can point me to a good boxer who allows himself to be hit in the body. :wink:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:38 pm 
Heavyweight

nandi wrote:
All I know is that when AJ Banal gave up, he really can't continue fighting. Just like what Cotto was after being battered by Margarito.

Likewise, I think ERIC MORALES was more fit to continue in Pac v EM III, but he winked at his corner and gave up.

Banal is not alone, you see :) Let's just wish him well on his road to redemption! 8) Kailangan din niya matututong mang-gulang. (Trans: He needs to grow up).

Yup, he is not alone. AJ is no tanga. remember that Filipino boxer who died out of exhaustion? that tells someone who don't know what his limit is. AJ knew his, some people watching dont. di yan mga manok na naka-steroids.

regarding your suggestion bro, it was a good one. tignan mo si Manny, magulang na ! :D :D :D

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:43 pm 
Heavyweight

isaw14 wrote:
fahkncute wrote:
HOY---eHHH kung suntukin kaya kita sa (tagiliran) kidney mu ng sampung beses --- tingin mu tatayo ka kaya? bka isang clean bodyshot lang sa'yo tumiklop ka na agad ehhh... Banal is a good boxer --its just he allowed himself to get hit with those bodyshots and they all adds up in the later rounds---

a BOXER trains to receive shots to the side of their bodies...ordinary posters do not, that is why we have guns.

You also say that Banal is a good boxer yet you also said he "allowed" himself to get hit...that doesn't add up and is surely not a mark or a "good boxer"...unless you can point me to a good boxer who allows himself to be hit in the body. :wink:

Castillo, Oskie, Ledwaba, Gonzalez and others. note: these are not just good boxers but great boxers. kung great boxer tinatamaan na nga, good boxer pa kaya. remember that a body is a wide target to shoot. 8)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:57 pm 
Heavyweight

he had enough.. he absorbed to much body punches esp everytime they clinch and hold... he should've retaliate IMO! :D

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 4:02 pm 
Heavyweight

Maybe at that moment he had a 10-second mental blackout. And, I'm not kidding this time.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 4:04 pm 
Featherweight

My take on the issue..complete with the Dela Hoya and Gonzales videos :wink:
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=leXOF8hVzoY

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 4:08 pm 
Featherweight

MIC TYSON wrote:
Castillo, Oskie, Ledwaba, Gonzalez and others. note: these are not just good boxers but great boxers. kung great boxer tinatamaan na nga, good boxer pa kaya. remember that a body is a wide target to shoot. 8)

Every one of those except for Ledwaba (who got a straight left in the jaw) received one wicked liver shot..not a series of body shots to the body like AJ...no boxer is stupid enough to be deliberately shot in the liver. :wink:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 4:14 pm 
Heavyweight

isaw14 wrote:

selected clips. that didn't show the entire scenario. watch the entire fight dude. btw, the commentator forgot to notice AJ struggling to catch his breath when he was down. also the one who uploaded the video didn't show the bodyshots that hit AJ. selective biased? you'd be the judge. 8)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 4:14 pm 
Heavyweight

isaw14 wrote:

TY for the link. :)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 4:17 pm 
Heavyweight

isaw14 wrote:
MIC TYSON wrote:

Every one of those except for Ledwaba (who got a straight left in the jaw) received one wicked liver shot..not a series of body shots to the body like AJ...no boxer is stupid enough to be deliberately shot in the liver. :wink:

ehem, a liver shot is also a body shot. case closed. :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 4:20 pm 
Heavyweight

MIC TYSON wrote:
isaw14 wrote:
MIC TYSON wrote:

ehem, a liver shot is also a body shot. case closed. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm sure Ronnie Nathanielsz will agree with you, bro. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next