Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:27 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 4:24 pm 
Heavyweight

ISAW, you are clearly missing the point here. the body is as vulnerable as being hit perfectly in the head. what you are trying to imply is that AJ should had been K.O.'ed by receiving a blow to the head rather than the body. that is a ridiculous assessment and shows lack of knowledge regarding boxing. boxing is not just purely headhunting dude. you seek every possible weakness of your opponent. I suggest you need to watch more boxing rather than concentrate of showbiz tsismis. 8)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 4:28 pm 
Heavyweight

new town wrote:
MIC TYSON wrote:

ehem, a liver shot is also a body shot. case closed. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm sure Ronnie Nathanielsz will agree with you, bro. :lol: :lol: :lol:

bro, tama naman ako ah. san ba located ang liver? diba sa body area. alangan naman nasa ilong yung liver. :lol: :lol: :lol:

sinagot ko lang tanong ni isaw. nagpapalusot na naman eh. :lol:

Last edited by MIC TYSON on Thu Jul 31, 2008 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 4:29 pm 
Featherweight

MIC TYSON wrote:
isaw14 wrote:
MIC TYSON wrote:
Castillo, Oskie, Ledwaba, Gonzalez and others. note: these are not just good boxers but great boxers. kung great boxer tinatamaan na nga, good boxer pa kaya. remember that a body is a wide target to shoot. 8)

Every one of those except for Ledwaba (who got a straight left in the jaw) received one wicked liver shot..not a series of body shots to the body like AJ...no boxer is stupid enough to be deliberately shot in the liver. :wink:

ehem, a liver shot is also a body shot. case closed. :lol: :lol: :lol:

uh, yes... except that a body shot to the left side of the body isn't a shot to the liver. one good liver shot and a boxer crumples no matter how good he is, on the other hand even non-boxers could take a hard spleen shot (left side) and be ok. :wink:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 4:34 pm 
Featherweight

MIC TYSON wrote:
ISAW, you are clearly missing the point here. the body is as vulnerable as being hit perfectly in the head. what you are trying to imply is that AJ should had been K.O.'ed by receiving a blow to the head rather than the body. that is a ridiculous assessment and shows lack of knowledge regarding boxing. boxing is not just purely headhunting dude. you seek every possible weakness of your opponent. I suggest you need to watch more boxing rather than concentrate of showbiz tsismis. 8)

points are not every body shot is a liver shot. two, no sane boxer would allow himself to be deliberately shot in the liver..even great fighters have crumpled because of a liver shot. third AJ did not get a flush liver shot when he was KOed and the "body shots" people keep saying were liver shots were actually not as debilitating as they are all to the left side - spleen, unless AJ has this condition where his liver is on his left side. :wink: Of course I can be wrong...I am not a boxing guru like you. :wink:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 4:45 pm 
Heavyweight

isaw14 wrote:

even non-boxers could take a hard spleen shot (left side) and be ok. :wink:

that statement is purely false. you probably haven't heard of the sternum as well or haven't engage in a fist fight. and obviously haven't heard what a ruptured spleen might cause. tama na pre, I advise you to do some research muna, particularly human anatomy. I don't want to ridicule you since you are ok naman kausap. but please avoid leaving statements like that. baka kasi lahat ng natutunan ko at itinuro sakin sa human anatomy is masira. again, do research muna. the human body is always vulnerable to trauma regardless if you are a boxer or not. training toughens you up but doesn't make you invulnerable. 8)

Last edited by MIC TYSON on Thu Jul 31, 2008 4:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 4:52 pm 
Heavyweight

isaw14 wrote:
MIC TYSON wrote:

points are not every body shot is a liver shot. two, no sane boxer would allow himself to be deliberately shot in the liver..even great fighters have crumpled because of a liver shot. third AJ did not get a flush liver shot when he was KOed and the "body shots" people keep saying were liver shots were actually not as debilitating as they are all to the left side - spleen, unless AJ has this condition where his liver is on his left side. :wink: Of course I can be wrong...I am not a boxing guru like you. :wink:

dude, AJ was being hit from both sides of the body. kung tutuusin, nakatagal pa nga si AJ compared to other boxers. watch the fight again and look closely this time kung sang parts ng body ni AJ ang pinuntirya ni Concepcion. I tell you, the body is a wide target. liver is one part, sternum is another, spleen and finally the stomach and belly. di bale sana kung mas malapad ang mga braso at kamay ni AJ kumpara sa body nya na gagamiting panangga, which is weird. :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 5:01 pm 
Heavyweight

here is one trivia I would like to answer.

what happens when you beat up a chunk of beef meat over and over again with a mallet? answer: it softens to a pulp. 8)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:05 pm 
Light Heavyweight

HEART
but it's ok, he' still young. AJ still my favorite ALA boxer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:29 pm 
Cruiserweight

vinyard wrote:
HEART
but it's ok, he' still young. AJ still my favorite ALA boxer

AJ will learn a hard lesson on that fight!!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:32 pm 
Flyweight

I still think that with his training it should have been second nature for him to cover up esp. against those wicked body blows. What I found unacceptable was Banal's failure to tie Concepcion during the clinches.

Thus, there can be several ways to answer the original question, that is, why Banal did not bother to stand up. He may have been spent, gassed out, empty tank, overtrained, lack of heart, tired, hypokalemia, etc.

But I guess, the real question that Banal should answer is why he did not block or avoid the body shots DURING the clinches. Those other head and body shots na hindi nadepensahan ni Banal during the exchanges are forgivable. But to fail to block those body shots DURING clinches is outright ridiculous, bordering on the stupid.

The Pacman has been knocked-out before yes, but in a different fashion. Hindi siya nagpapasuntok na lang nang paulit-ulit.

Well, Banal is young. He has a lot of room for growth. He'll mature a lot after his loss, I hope.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:58 pm 
Featherweight

MIC TYSON wrote:
dude, AJ was being hit from both sides of the body. kung tutuusin, nakatagal pa nga si AJ compared to other boxers. watch the fight again and look closely this time kung sang parts ng body ni AJ ang pinuntirya ni Concepcion. I tell you, the body is a wide target. liver is one part, sternum is another, spleen and finally the stomach and belly. di bale sana kung mas malapad ang mga braso at kamay ni AJ kumpara sa body nya na gagamiting panangga, which is weird. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah I did...and I made a video of it too, see my youtube account. enjoy :wink:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:59 pm 
Heavyweight

AJ suffered the same body shot fate like Cotto. Watch the second round of Cotto-Margarito, wherein Marga hit Miguel in the mid-section. When Cotto reacted differently, Marga continued to hit Miguel in the same area since then. The same thing happened to AJ. Body shots broke down both Cotto and AJ, to which they did not have anything left in them to stand on.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:28 pm 
Middleweight

jez wrote:
Maybe he taught he was betrayed....because most of them say Concepcion is "BUM" 8)
He!He! partly kidding maybe its true, so deep inside of AJ, Oh no!!! This guy punches are like bombs...

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:32 pm 
Welterweight

alvinB wrote:
he did not stand up because his body does not respond anymore because of low potassium. he knew that if he will stand up and continue he might end up to cemetery than a loss. i know AJ have a heart of a champion i know that coz that was his dream. he knew also that he was ahead in score but his body does not respond thats why he quit.

please give him a break bros we have to understand him and he we have to support him win or loss.

Atleast there is still a Paclander who can give a sensible reply! Nice one bro...

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:51 pm 
Heavyweight

Judge Dredd wrote:
alvinB wrote:
he did not stand up because his body does not respond anymore because of low potassium. he knew that if he will stand up and continue he might end up to cemetery than a loss. i know AJ have a heart of a champion i know that coz that was his dream. he knew also that he was ahead in score but his body does not respond thats why he quit.

please give him a break bros we have to understand him and he we have to support him win or loss.

Atleast there is still a Paclander who can give a sensible reply! Nice one bro...

Yeah. some people here just post video links of ridiculous theories. you'd be the judge. 8) 8) 8)

GO AJ !!! 8)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next