Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Tue Dec 01, 2020 1:24 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:28 pm 
Middleweight

yeah, some say by fight night he does not have enough potassium and sodium to
supplement his body...which turned out to be true...

but one thing i notice that may be an eminent cause to banal's downfall was

the hot atmosphere. there was not enough ventilation in the venue,,,

and by main event time i saw some sort of fog,probably because of cigar smokers around the place...

i think that was also the other reason banal lost...aj's not use of fighting in a small place which accomodates large pack of crowd,
i didn't mean it was a bad setting, i only thought that aj lost because of the place's humid temperature

"...grabe init sad pud ang lugar, ang ginhiwaan ang hungaw init sad...mura gud ug naay aso..."
trans:aj didn't have enough conditioning

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 2:47 pm 
Welterweight

becuase he was in against a better boxer stronger one that broke his spirit and will to fight just like marg did to cotto thats it plain and simple boys im tellin it like it is

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 3:27 pm 
Heavyweight

isaw14 wrote:

yeah right, he was exhausted, spent etcetera etcetera yet he was bouncing around, stood on his own after the 10 count..then "collapsed" in front of sportswriters?...nice. :wink:

you mad? :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 3:55 pm 
Heavyweight

Only Aj can tell us how he felt in there. We can only speculate. But he hasn't gone 12 rounds. And not equiped to handle an opponent like Concepcion. I wonder if he will learn to handle a fighter like Concepcion with the taining he is getting from Villamor. Only time will tell. Villamor really hasn't shown us anything that's great technically.Unlike Beristain trained boxer. Tremendous skills. Just my observation. Their boys are hittable. Case in point Boom, Gorres and now Banal. Also, the style is draining too watch. Too much hopping in every second of every minute of every round. I think there's only 2 boxers that can that and do it well. Pacquiao and Concepcion. So plzzzzzz do not try to emulate...

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 5:54 am 
Light Heavyweight

FIGHTING SPIRIT.... WHICH IS IN BORN PLUS LACK OF POTASSIUM WHICH IS HIGH SPECULATION. AJ STILL YOUNG AND CAN REBOUND.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:46 am 
Heavyweight

Banal is 19 and I am confident he can bounce back.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:44 pm 
Heavyweight

gudz511 wrote:
alvinB wrote:
he did not stand up because his body does not respond anymore because of low potassium. he knew that if he will stand up and continue he might end up to cemetery than a loss. i know AJ have a heart of a champion i know that coz that was his dream. he knew also that he was ahead in score but his body does not respond thats why he quit.

please give him a break bros we have to understand him and he we have to support him win or loss.

Then why did he stand up immediately after the count? He just waited for the count to end before he stood up. He could stand but he chose not to. Watch the fight again.
the feeling is different when you as a boxer stands up to beat the count. it means you as the boxer have to deal with a lot of punches from your opponent that could damage you even more. worst permanent damage. the feeling of standing up after being counted out could be a feeling of relief that at last the fight is over....notwithstanding the KO loss that goes with it. even if banal wanted to....his body just couldn't continue. so why risk if there's still another chance to go for it the next time....??? banal was just being smart by giving it up...

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:45 am 
Lightweight

bigdaddy J wrote:
becuase he was in against a better boxer stronger one that broke his spirit and will to fight just like marg did to cotto thats it plain and simple boys im tellin it like it is

LOLz!

El Torito is not strong! He is dirty fighter and he weakened AJ of his dirty tactics like punching AJ's liver section while clinching!

:mr.blue:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:48 am 
Heavyweight

blueboy wrote:
bigdaddy J wrote:

LOLz!

El Torito is not strong! He is dirty fighter and he weakened AJ of his dirty tactics like punching AJ's liver section while clinching!

After Phelps and company showing yesterday, i forgot about Aj already.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:56 am 
Heavyweight

Actually I do not believe on that potassium issue.

Why did he not bother to stand up? He was finished. Quitting is a different thing.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:02 am 
Lightweight

Wong wrote:

Why did he not bother to stand up? He was finished. Quitting is a different thing.

LOLz!

No question. AJ was finished! And what finished him was the dirty tactics of el torito! Punching while clinching and holding AJ! The punch that KOed AJ was not even strong. It's just a matter of time AJ gives up because of el torito's foul play the ref did not even stopped!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:07 am 
Welterweight

if it was vic who fight banal vic was gonna k.o him that he will be in a stretcher

1.Vic Darchinyan
2.Arthur Abraham
3.Vanes Martirosyan
4.Karo Murat
5.Alexander Abraham
6.Artyom Hovanessian
7.Leva Kirakosyan
8.Hussein Hussein
9 Arman Torosyan
10.Floyd Mayweather

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:08 am 
Heavyweight

Wong wrote:

Fyi one of the causes of svt and venous tachycardia is too low or too high potassium. Heart attack.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:12 am 
Bantamweight

Puro kayo dada kayo kaya ang nasa ring? baka 5 seconds pa lang sa frst round tulog na kayo? Read your Bibles instead.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:13 am 
Heavyweight

DaRcHiLiCiOuS wrote:
if it was vic who fight banal vic was gonna k.o him that he will be in a stretcher

I hate to admit it but you may be right this time. Marami pang kakaining bigas si Aj. trans: AJ should continue training.

“I sympathize with those who would minimize economic entanglement between nations. Ideas, knowledge, art, hospitality, travel should of their nature be international. But let goods be homespun and finance be primarily national.”
-Keynes

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next