Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Tue Dec 01, 2020 1:23 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:13 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight

Joined: Wed Aug 09, 2006 4:21 am
Posts: 4227
Actually armed with the knowledge. Having seen Banal V Concepcion for the first time. Aj was simply outfought,outslugged and outhussled.He seemed to be a step behind Concepcion. TErito was busy and unpredictable.Banal was taken out of his comfort zone. I think he couldn't really figure him out. Cause he was always in his space and face etc.Giving no break or room.Iono. It looked like Aj needs to stop bouncing he was off balance. He needs to do a shoulder roll ALA Floyd and Block those punches with his shoulder.No defense. Make him miss or something. ALA fighters are not known to be defensive wiz. I have to admit Concepcion is underrated. He is strong.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:14 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2007 5:15 pm
Posts: 9293
Location: RECTO
YES but in Panama!

_________________
Donald Trump

Vladimir Putin

Rodrigo Duterte


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:21 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight

Joined: Wed Aug 09, 2006 4:21 am
Posts: 4227
To be honest Aj simply got outhussled. He was having a hard time delivering his punches. He was thrown about by Concepcion sheer rugged roughhousing. Iono, he was difficult opponent. Cuz he came to fight and was constantly busy pestering Banal at will.unrelentless in there keeped moving around and throwing Banal off balanced. I think Banal will lose if he can't hurt Concepcion. AJ needs to mature up.. If anythin stylistically Concepcion is a nightmare for Banal. AJ has to stay balance and stop hopping, stand and block those punches, shoulder roll and slip punches inside. No inside game IMO.If anything terito is perfect for a counterer like Nonito Donaire.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:35 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2007 5:44 am
Posts: 4863
Numero uno wrote:
To be honest Aj simply got outhussled. He was having a hard time delivering his punches. He was thrown about by Concepcion sheer rugged roughhousing. Iono, he was difficult opponent. Cuz he came to fight and was constantly busy pestering Banal at will.unrelentless in there keeped moving around and throwing Banal off balanced. I think Banal will lose if he can't hurt Concepcion. AJ needs to mature up.. If anythin stylistically Concepcion is a nightmare for Banal. AJ has to stay balance and stop hopping, stand and block those punches, shoulder roll and slip punches inside. No inside game IMO.If anything terito is perfect for a counterer like Nonito Donaire.



no close quarter combat indeed. AJ could had utilized the jab advantage he has over Concepcion. keeping his distance and away from harm. though this defeat is a learning experience for him to develop his body, guard his body and move away from strong punches instead of recieving them. pwede nyang ikutan si Concepcion kung tutuusin and could utilize his left and right hooks just the same. kulang talaga sa tactic.

_________________
Hello to my fans El Iyaking Kurugyo and Gene-Bading ! HAHAHAHAHAHA !!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 4:05 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 28, 2005 1:50 pm
Posts: 7816
Location: O.R. TIGAS Center... QC
i surely do... but will the concepcion camp will allow it... or is it in the clause of the contract? 8)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 5:27 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight

Joined: Wed Aug 09, 2006 4:21 am
Posts: 4227
MIC TYSON wrote:
Numero uno wrote:
no close quarter combat indeed. AJ could had utilized the jab advantage he has over Concepcion. keeping his distance and away from harm. though this defeat is a learning experience for him to develop his body, guard his body and move away from strong punches instead of recieving them. pwede nyang ikutan si Concepcion kung tutuusin and could utilize his left and right hooks just the same. kulang talaga sa tactic.


Tama, baka siguro ung training sa ALA. Puro outside distance fighting. Kita mo diba..Pag na pasok si Concepcion.mabilis ang kanyang Combo. Parang confuse si AJ. Hindi marunong paano counter ito. He tried a right hook, uppercut pero off balance siya palagi. Ala siya magawa. Kasi kulang sa training? when he was push off balance by Concepcion. So he had no choice but get hit at will. He really dug deep. But nothing was working his hooks was being negated/ defused tehy weren't connecting or doing damage as he would like, plus he was getting pushed and pummeled at the same time..Because Concepcion was in there in face all the time. Sana he can throw combos inside or slip punches. Instead of relying on that winding one-two off a runner.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:06 pm 
Offline
Bantamweight

Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:41 am
Posts: 39
yeah!... next time he'll kick ***! that was a lesson for him and it will make him more smarter next time, same goes to BOOM2!... they are too young and still has a long way to go... i think the trainors should think of evolving their fighter with more lateral movements or have techniques of anticipating opponents styles....

:shock: :D


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:36 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2007 5:44 am
Posts: 4863
nse_joshua wrote:
yeah!... next time he'll kick ***! that was a lesson for him and it will make him more smarter next time, same goes to BOOM2!... they are too young and still has a long way to go... i think the trainors should think of evolving their fighter with more lateral movements or have techniques of anticipating opponents styles....

:shock: :D


I believe the trainors need to learn about those things as well. baka nag-ala Buboy lang sila during AJ's fight. "ang galing ng ginawa mo Manny". :lol: :lol: :lol:

_________________
Hello to my fans El Iyaking Kurugyo and Gene-Bading ! HAHAHAHAHAHA !!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:26 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 21, 2006 2:04 pm
Posts: 23969
Make the rematch happen. That's part of the warrior mentality he needs. Fighters even those who come from defeat are tested by their determination. The kind of fighters I personally appreciate are those types who ask for a rematch even when they suffer a setback. Now that would say a lot about their grit and fortitude. An example would be the Pac who lost to Morales the first time. When asked for a rematch, unbowed he said, "Anytime, anywhere." Same as Boom Boom. Yes, including him when he got annihilated by deLeon he also wanted a rematch.

Have AJ watch the video over and over again so he can watch the mistakes he made. It will also give him a lot of confidence as well because he clearly made a good account of himself up until the bitter 10th round.

AJ, you can do it.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

All times are UTC + 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

philboxing.com | pinoygreats.com
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group