Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Tue Dec 01, 2020 1:23 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:13 pm 
Heavyweight

Actually armed with the knowledge. Having seen Banal V Concepcion for the first time. Aj was simply outfought,outslugged and outhussled.He seemed to be a step behind Concepcion. TErito was busy and unpredictable.Banal was taken out of his comfort zone. I think he couldn't really figure him out. Cause he was always in his space and face etc.Giving no break or room.Iono. It looked like Aj needs to stop bouncing he was off balance. He needs to do a shoulder roll ALA Floyd and Block those punches with his shoulder.No defense. Make him miss or something. ALA fighters are not known to be defensive wiz. I have to admit Concepcion is underrated. He is strong.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:14 pm 
Heavyweight

YES but in Panama!

Vladimir Putin

Rodrigo Duterte

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:21 pm 
Heavyweight

To be honest Aj simply got outhussled. He was having a hard time delivering his punches. He was thrown about by Concepcion sheer rugged roughhousing. Iono, he was difficult opponent. Cuz he came to fight and was constantly busy pestering Banal at will.unrelentless in there keeped moving around and throwing Banal off balanced. I think Banal will lose if he can't hurt Concepcion. AJ needs to mature up.. If anythin stylistically Concepcion is a nightmare for Banal. AJ has to stay balance and stop hopping, stand and block those punches, shoulder roll and slip punches inside. No inside game IMO.If anything terito is perfect for a counterer like Nonito Donaire.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:35 pm 
Heavyweight

Numero uno wrote:
To be honest Aj simply got outhussled. He was having a hard time delivering his punches. He was thrown about by Concepcion sheer rugged roughhousing. Iono, he was difficult opponent. Cuz he came to fight and was constantly busy pestering Banal at will.unrelentless in there keeped moving around and throwing Banal off balanced. I think Banal will lose if he can't hurt Concepcion. AJ needs to mature up.. If anythin stylistically Concepcion is a nightmare for Banal. AJ has to stay balance and stop hopping, stand and block those punches, shoulder roll and slip punches inside. No inside game IMO.If anything terito is perfect for a counterer like Nonito Donaire.

no close quarter combat indeed. AJ could had utilized the jab advantage he has over Concepcion. keeping his distance and away from harm. though this defeat is a learning experience for him to develop his body, guard his body and move away from strong punches instead of recieving them. pwede nyang ikutan si Concepcion kung tutuusin and could utilize his left and right hooks just the same. kulang talaga sa tactic.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 4:05 pm 
Heavyweight

i surely do... but will the concepcion camp will allow it... or is it in the clause of the contract? 8)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 5:27 pm 
Heavyweight

MIC TYSON wrote:
Numero uno wrote:
no close quarter combat indeed. AJ could had utilized the jab advantage he has over Concepcion. keeping his distance and away from harm. though this defeat is a learning experience for him to develop his body, guard his body and move away from strong punches instead of recieving them. pwede nyang ikutan si Concepcion kung tutuusin and could utilize his left and right hooks just the same. kulang talaga sa tactic.

Tama, baka siguro ung training sa ALA. Puro outside distance fighting. Kita mo diba..Pag na pasok si Concepcion.mabilis ang kanyang Combo. Parang confuse si AJ. Hindi marunong paano counter ito. He tried a right hook, uppercut pero off balance siya palagi. Ala siya magawa. Kasi kulang sa training? when he was push off balance by Concepcion. So he had no choice but get hit at will. He really dug deep. But nothing was working his hooks was being negated/ defused tehy weren't connecting or doing damage as he would like, plus he was getting pushed and pummeled at the same time..Because Concepcion was in there in face all the time. Sana he can throw combos inside or slip punches. Instead of relying on that winding one-two off a runner.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:06 pm 
Bantamweight

yeah!... next time he'll kick ***! that was a lesson for him and it will make him more smarter next time, same goes to BOOM2!... they are too young and still has a long way to go... i think the trainors should think of evolving their fighter with more lateral movements or have techniques of anticipating opponents styles....

:shock: :D

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:36 pm 
Heavyweight

nse_joshua wrote:
yeah!... next time he'll kick ***! that was a lesson for him and it will make him more smarter next time, same goes to BOOM2!... they are too young and still has a long way to go... i think the trainors should think of evolving their fighter with more lateral movements or have techniques of anticipating opponents styles....

:shock: :D

I believe the trainors need to learn about those things as well. baka nag-ala Buboy lang sila during AJ's fight. "ang galing ng ginawa mo Manny". :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:26 pm 
Heavyweight

Make the rematch happen. That's part of the warrior mentality he needs. Fighters even those who come from defeat are tested by their determination. The kind of fighters I personally appreciate are those types who ask for a rematch even when they suffer a setback. Now that would say a lot about their grit and fortitude. An example would be the Pac who lost to Morales the first time. When asked for a rematch, unbowed he said, "Anytime, anywhere." Same as Boom Boom. Yes, including him when he got annihilated by deLeon he also wanted a rematch.

Have AJ watch the video over and over again so he can watch the mistakes he made. It will also give him a lot of confidence as well because he clearly made a good account of himself up until the bitter 10th round.

AJ, you can do it.