Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Tue Dec 01, 2020 2:09 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:48 pm 
Heavyweight

The cause of that was the hectic pace of the fight. Banal couldn't keep up with Torito in there. He was just unrelentless. He never showed signs of stopping. Just kept coming and moving and not allow AJ to settle...nightmarish match up.End of story. I wouldn't be surprise if Banal burnt the potassium tank or whatever. Give cred to Torito.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 4:09 pm 
Welterweight

ngil-ngig wrote:
This is all bullcrap... Have you asked El Torito about his electrolytes status before the fight? Surely, El Torito has troubles making the weight initially... He was to shed some more pounds to get the weight limit... Plus, the jetlag..the new environment, etc...
But why was El Torito came out the winner???? Because El Torito wanted the Title more than AJ...came out well-prepared along with his coach...

Stop this non-sense about AJ electrolytes, blah..blah... the bottomline is, it wasn't AJ's fault why he lost that fight.. It was all down to his trainer/ conditioning coach.. Plus poor insight into the fight....

Aj is still young.. It's only his first loss... He'll learned from this debacle.. But I doubt his current trainers will ever learn from this poor showing... That's why, AJ needs a new trainer, then, we'll see a new AJ... But if he stays with Sir Edito, then, we'll be seeing AJ's second KO loss.. that's a shame... Mr Aldeguer, I'm sure, can afford to hire a much better trainer than what he has at the moment...

just my 2 centavo...

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it true that ideally there should be a trainer and a conditioning coach? Take for instance Freddie and Justine (prior to their split up), they were responsible to who Pacman is right now. Edito is a trainer not the conditioning coach. I guess most people here believe what they need is somebody like Justine to complement Edito. Nevertheless, Edito must further enhance his coaching ability to bring this guys to the next level.

I firmly believe Edito is okey as trainer (with qualifications). But the team needs a conditioning coach without a doubt.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 4:31 pm 
Middleweight

jmix wrote:
Guys check this out:

http://philboxing.com/news/story-18154.html

According to a medical practitioner, Dr. Eduardo De Los Reyes earlier told Viva Sports/Manila Standard Today that if Banal’s potassium levels were very low as reported then he would be “like a vegetable and his mind blank” which largely accounted for his defeat. Low potassium levels cause weakness, fatigue and muscle cramps which appeared to hit Banal after the first four or five rounds.

Further:

“Danding” Cojuangco said he was impressed by Banal who was good while both he and Henry Cojuangco noted that Banal appeared to be disoriented during the fight when he sometimes would merely walk away during a break with his mind apparently blank.

I don't know if you've noticed it also but I did plenty of times saw this during the fight. In fact, in one of the threads here in PACLAND, I did mention that AJ was "off" missing plenty of power shots. Somehow he's timing was off especially the moment when Rafael was bulldozing inside.

I am not trying to come up with excuses. It was rather clear and unquestionable that AJ lost that fight. However, I am very curious about this issue. Are there medical experts or even students in this profession who can perhaps shed some more inputs on this?

Common guys, let's leave this issue about potassium behind, let's all accept it, we lost fair and square, I am too, is with Banal, he got that talent, but needs some more adjustment, timing, defense, and train not to get hit too often. About this potassium, well, try having it before the fight and check it after six rounds, gradually it should diminish as fight goes on.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 4:46 pm 
Middleweight

ALA is just finding good excuse for their mistakes.. Hypokalemia..? what is the value of AJ's Potassium..? At 2.5 meq/L the signs and symptoms will manifest.. If they know that AJ's potassium is low he shoudn't be allow to fight.. Win or lose excuses are not really acceptable because they were given months to train and condition themselves.. ALA is just risking their boxers life.. They must get proper coaches(incude conditioning) and trainers..

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 4:49 pm 
Middleweight

dencioPT101 wrote:
bisaya ispisyal wrote:
Well, thats you opinion bro. Our body initially has its own countermeasures whenever there is something wrong within its system. I would like to take for instance our very own red blood cells. Potassium is generally stored within our red blood cells and not on our plasma. When the serum/plasma levels of potassium is low, RBCs will try to compensate for the loss of such electrolyte via facilitated diffusion or active transport of potassium from the red blood cells going to the plasma environment, and thats what you call basically equilibrium/maintaining a constant environment at all times for normal cellular activity. This is a type of replenishment our body initially offers. Whenever such level of potassium becomes too low, by which our body could not anymore compensate, thats the time wherein exogenous intake of potassium either in oral or intravenous route is done.

Lemme say that again.... the BODY does not replenish itself with electrolytes! Capish?

care to explain further? the doctor sounds more credible! :shock:[/quote]

Read his last sentence.. that will nullify the rest. In layman's term.. Pag dehydrated ka na, walang storage ang katawan ng electrolytes that will bail you out. [thats how he made it sound earlier].. you have to replenish it exogenously.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 4:51 pm 
Light Heavyweight

robzuki wrote:
Whirlwind wrote:
To ALA gym boxer's eat 2 banana's before your fight. It will give your more extra strength than any other food you will take before the fight. I know because I did weight lifting. After I eat 2 or 3 banana's and I can exercise 1-2 hours without feeling tired. The Banana also have a lot of health benefits especially those who want to lower the high blood pressure and many more. Its really worked on me! Here's the link. http://www.geocities.com/mutmainaa/food ... _cure.html

BANANA. "Containing three natural sugars - sucrose, fructose and glucose - combined with fiber, a banana gives an instant, sustained and substantial boost of energy.

Research has proved that just two bananas provide enough energy for a strenuous 90-minute workout. No wonder the banana is the number one fruit with the world's leading athletes. But energy isn't the only way a banana can help us keep fit. It can also help overcome or prevent a substantial number of illnesses and conditions making it a must to add to your daily diet."

Banana is rich in potassium, containing about 10 mEq of potassium. It has been proven also in researches that potassium significantly lowers blood pressure if taken in recommended amounts. Potassium has many benefits be it on maintaining a normal blood pressure, rehydration, good bowel movement, and in maintaining good muscular activity. :)
Countless Tennis pros--both genders, and perhaps those in between-- swear on the virtues of bananas and munch on them in some pauses in the action. I mean tennis action, of course. :)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 4:53 pm 
Heavyweight

astig_119 wrote:
jmix wrote:
Guys check this out:

http://philboxing.com/news/story-18154.html

According to a medical practitioner, Dr. Eduardo De Los Reyes earlier told Viva Sports/Manila Standard Today that if Banal’s potassium levels were very low as reported then he would be “like a vegetable and his mind blank” which largely accounted for his defeat. Low potassium levels cause weakness, fatigue and muscle cramps which appeared to hit Banal after the first four or five rounds.

Further:

“Danding” Cojuangco said he was impressed by Banal who was good while both he and Henry Cojuangco noted that Banal appeared to be disoriented during the fight when he sometimes would merely walk away during a break with his mind apparently blank.

I don't know if you've noticed it also but I did plenty of times saw this during the fight. In fact, in one of the threads here in PACLAND, I did mention that AJ was "off" missing plenty of power shots. Somehow he's timing was off especially the moment when Rafael was bulldozing inside.

I am not trying to come up with excuses. It was rather clear and unquestionable that AJ lost that fight. However, I am very curious about this issue. Are there medical experts or even students in this profession who can perhaps shed some more inputs on this?

Common guys, let's leave this issue about potassium behind, let's all accept it, we lost fair and square, I am too, is with Banal, he got that talent, but needs some more adjustment, timing, defense, and train not to get hit too often. About this potassium, well, try having it before the fight and check it after six rounds, gradually it should diminish as fight goes on.

i have long accepted that aj really was outclassed by concepcion. as a medical practitioner however i want to dig deeper into the allegation that aj banal was indeed hypokalemic and that he may have been taking diuretics to make the weight. hypokalemia is no joke. you can have paralysis and eventually die of respiratory failure or heart attack secondary to arrythmia.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 4:56 pm 
Heavyweight

bisaya ispisyal wrote:
dencioPT101 wrote:
bisaya ispisyal wrote:
Well, thats you opinion bro. Our body initially has its own countermeasures whenever there is something wrong within its system. I would like to take for instance our very own red blood cells. Potassium is generally stored within our red blood cells and not on our plasma. When the serum/plasma levels of potassium is low, RBCs will try to compensate for the loss of such electrolyte via facilitated diffusion or active transport of potassium from the red blood cells going to the plasma environment, and thats what you call basically equilibrium/maintaining a constant environment at all times for normal cellular activity. This is a type of replenishment our body initially offers. Whenever such level of potassium becomes too low, by which our body could not anymore compensate, thats the time wherein exogenous intake of potassium either in oral or intravenous route is done.

Lemme say that again.... the BODY does not replenish itself with electrolytes! Capish?

care to explain further? the doctor sounds more credible! :shock:

Read his last sentence.. that will nullify the rest. In layman's term.. Pag dehydrated ka na, walang storage ang katawan ng electrolytes that will bail you out. [thats how he made it sound earlier].. you have to replenish it exogenously.[/quote]

bro, our body has a compensatory mechanism through the kidneys and blood to somehow replenish the loss potassium. that mechanism however is going to work to a certain extent only and not on severe forms of hypokalemia.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 5:19 pm 
Featherweight

Why blame potassium level? AJ has not been battered in his body. Blame the trainer of concepcion. They noticed how soft is the body of banal. Even in clinch situations, banal grimaces in pain when concepcion hits him in the body while chinching. If potassium level could be the culprit, then eric morales can use it an excuse in this defeat on their 2nd fight with manny. :shock: :shock:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 5:23 pm 
Middleweight

di pa ba kayo tapos dito?parang na answer na lahat ng tanong natin dito kailan na seguro nating itigil ito.

mod, please lack this thread. :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 5:29 pm 
Strawweight

BANAL NEEDS A DIETRICIAN, AND NEEDS TO EAT MORE BANANA = POTASSIUM

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 5:51 pm 
Middleweight

Read his last sentence.. that will nullify the rest. In layman's term.. Pag dehydrated ka na, walang storage ang katawan ng electrolytes that will bail you out. [thats how he made it sound earlier].. you have to replenish it exogenously.[/quote]

bro, our body has a compensatory mechanism through the kidneys and blood to somehow replenish the loss potassium. that mechanism however is going to work to a certain extent only and not on severe forms of hypokalemia.[/quote]

The sole purpose of the kidney is to filter and not store electrolytes . AJ doesnt have the aerobic fitness to match his output .His skills is world class but his conditioning is amateurish . During Pacman's fight with Diaz.. Manny is just cruising just below his lactic threshhold and didnt go anaerobic [well, sometimes] and the rest is history. If Aldeguer wants his fighters to mirror Pacmans performance [without resulting in using performance enhancing drugs] He must use the same conditioning method Pacman uses [and mentality].Lotsa roadmiles then work just below LT . Interval training .. taper off . Manny trains his system to hold on to his mojos and he shocks his body during training that mere mortals would only think the guy is crazy by killing himself in training.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:03 pm 
Welterweight

it seems indeed that AJ needs more and more BANALNA

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:06 pm 
Cruiserweight

Next time, buy AJ more banannas...period

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:20 pm 
Cruiserweight

bisaya ispisyal wrote:

The sole purpose of the kidney is to filter and not store electrolytes
. AJ doesnt have the aerobic fitness to match his output .His skills is world class but his conditioning is amateurish . During Pacman's fight with Diaz.. Manny is just cruising just below his lactic threshhold and didnt go anaerobic [well, sometimes] and the rest is history. If Aldeguer wants his fighters to mirror Pacmans performance [without resulting in using performance enhancing drugs] He must use the same conditioning method Pacman uses [and mentality].Lotsa roadmiles then work just below LT . Interval training .. taper off . Manny trains his system to hold on to his mojos and he shocks his body during training that mere mortals would only think the guy is crazy by killing himself in training.

The kidneys have several functions bro not just filtering blood. When it comes to electrolytes, our kidneys try to retain the necessary electrolytes especially during dehydration, occurring primarily at the loops of Henle and water retention to prevent excessive dehydration and occurs primarily at the distal tubules. Aside from these, it also participates in the maintenance of normal glomerular pressure and blood pH. Just a piece of information from my stock knowledge.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next