Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum
http://forum.philboxing.com/

ALA: The best preparation
http://forum.philboxing.com/viewtopic.php?f=93&t=105997
Page 1 of 1

Author:  eric307812 [ Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:30 pm ]
Post subject:  ALA: The best preparation

While conceding that both Banal and he himself have been hurt by harsh speculation of so-called experts on the reasons for the 19 year old fighter’s defeat, Aldeguer said they haven’t been able to find the answer up to now but will continue to search for one.

Aldeguer told http://www.insidesports.ph as well as Viva Sports/ Manila Standard Today that “only God knows how much we tried to make Banal win that title in terms of his training, diet and mental conditioning.”

He disclosed that Banal sparred over 150 rounds, spent two months in preparation while “maintaining a daily pulse rate between 34-38 per minute, precisely to monitor that he does not get over-trained.”

Aldeguer said Banal never encountered any weight problem because they provided him with a diet of fresh fruits, vegetables, fish, poultry and cereals.

Banal was also provided with separate living quarters of his own and had his brother as his daily companion. He also was provided an unlimited supply of mineral water and Gatorade.

The ALA Gym patron said they “thought of everything under the sun” to give Banal the “best preparation of his life for that big fight.” Posing the question why he lost, Aldeguer replied “we could not find the answer until now” adding it will surely ease our pain if we justify the loss as “the will of God” but it will certainly not provide the answer.

TEAM ALA KNOWS WHAT THEY ARE DOING TO THEIR BOXERS.....

AJ WHAT HAPPEN TO YOU? CAN YOU TELL US THE ANSWER...

http://philboxing.com/news/story-18154.html

Author:  MR. BROWNSTONE [ Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:16 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: ALA: THE BEST PREPARATION

eric307812 wrote:
While conceding that both Banal and he himself have been hurt by harsh speculation of so-called experts on the reasons for the 19 year old fighter’s defeat, Aldeguer said they haven’t been able to find the answer up to now but will continue to search for one.

Aldeguer told http://www.insidesports.ph as well as Viva Sports/ Manila Standard Today that “only God knows how much we tried to make Banal win that title in terms of his training, diet and mental conditioning.”

He disclosed that Banal sparred over 150 rounds, spent two months in preparation while “maintaining a daily pulse rate between 34-38 per minute, precisely to monitor that he does not get over-trained.”

Aldeguer said Banal never encountered any weight problem because they provided him with a diet of fresh fruits, vegetables, fish, poultry and cereals.

Banal was also provided with separate living quarters of his own and had his brother as his daily companion. He also was provided an unlimited supply of mineral water and Gatorade.

The ALA Gym patron said they “thought of everything under the sun” to give Banal the “best preparation of his life for that big fight.” Posing the question why he lost, Aldeguer replied “we could not find the answer until now” adding it will surely ease our pain if we justify the loss as “the will of God” but it will certainly not provide the answer.

TEAM ALA KNOWS WHAT THEY ARE DOING TO THEIR BOXERS.....

AJ WHAT HAPPEN TO YOU? CAN YOU TELL US THE ANSWER...

http://philboxing.com/news/story-18154.html


Looking at the way they prepare AJ for this fight, I think everything is just next to none.

But then again, we must also think that no matter how good a preparation program you have, you must also take note of the fact that we are all human. There's no such thing as being superman or superhuman in this kind of sport.

In my honest assesment, the body punches did took a toll on AJ's performance. I am not an expert but AJ's neglection of these body punches is totally mind boggling to me.

I guess, he should take this as a perfect experience. After all going on top is so much sweeter as long as you tasted the bottom at first.

I am one of those in AJ's bandwagon and ALA as well. I am not inclined to jump of and say nasty things about them. Though I am dissapointed of the outcome, my respect and admiration have not vanquished at all.

Author:  DEXTEROUS [ Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:15 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: ALA: THE BEST PREPARATION

MR. BROWNSTONE wrote:
eric307812 wrote:
While conceding that both Banal and he himself have been hurt by harsh speculation of so-called experts on the reasons for the 19 year old fighter’s defeat, Aldeguer said they haven’t been able to find the answer up to now but will continue to search for one.

Aldeguer told http://www.insidesports.ph as well as Viva Sports/ Manila Standard Today that “only God knows how much we tried to make Banal win that title in terms of his training, diet and mental conditioning.”

He disclosed that Banal sparred over 150 rounds, spent two months in preparation while “maintaining a daily pulse rate between 34-38 per minute, precisely to monitor that he does not get over-trained.”

Aldeguer said Banal never encountered any weight problem because they provided him with a diet of fresh fruits, vegetables, fish, poultry and cereals.

Banal was also provided with separate living quarters of his own and had his brother as his daily companion. He also was provided an unlimited supply of mineral water and Gatorade.

The ALA Gym patron said they “thought of everything under the sun” to give Banal the “best preparation of his life for that big fight.” Posing the question why he lost, Aldeguer replied “we could not find the answer until now” adding it will surely ease our pain if we justify the loss as “the will of God” but it will certainly not provide the answer.

TEAM ALA KNOWS WHAT THEY ARE DOING TO THEIR BOXERS.....

AJ WHAT HAPPEN TO YOU? CAN YOU TELL US THE ANSWER...

http://philboxing.com/news/story-18154.html


Looking at the way they prepare AJ for this fight, I think everything is just next to none.

But then again, we must also think that no matter how good a preparation program you have, you must also take note of the fact that we are all human. There's no such thing as being superman or superhuman in this kind of sport.

In my honest assesment, the body punches did took a toll on AJ's performance. I am not an expert but AJ's neglection of these body punches is totally mind boggling to me.

I guess, he should take this as a perfect experience. After all going on top is so much sweeter as long as you tasted the bottom at first.

I am one of those in AJ's bandwagon and ALA as well. I am not inclined to jump of and say nasty things about them. Though I am dissapointed of the outcome, my respect and admiration have not vanquished at all.


Well said Bai Brownstone... ALA team have succesfully made it locally (phil boxing) and undoubtedly ALA has gain so much success in Phil
boxing.

Slowly, they will succeed in the international boxing scene with the learnings at hand.

Author:  MR. BROWNSTONE [ Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:40 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: ALA: THE BEST PREPARATION

DEXTEROUS wrote:
Well said Bai Brownstone... ALA team have succesfully made it locally (phil boxing) and undoubtedly ALA has gain so much success in Phil
boxing.

Slowly, they will succeed in the international boxing scene with the learnings at hand.


Thanks bai Dex. I am not losing hope for the best things to come to ALA. After all, they did nothing but help the upcoming boxers and the sport as well.

Getting a championship may not be as easy as 123. But slowly and surely, I know they'll get there. They already took that big step in Donnie being a champion, I am pretty sure the rest will have their day also.

Author:  no.1fan [ Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:15 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: ALA: THE BEST PREPARATION

I can compare ALA stable and AJ Banal. Physically both are good. ALA gym is sophiticated, training is regorous, discipline is unmatch and support all time high. Banal on the otherhand is highly skilled,properly nutritioned, good trainors and sparring partners and a very disciplined fighter. What is lacking to both. I would say mental preparedness. They failed to expect the unexpected. No body expect that Concepcion would resort to such fighting style (dirty), No body expect the referee would be so bias and blind. Hence mentally AJ is frustrated. Frustration loses concentration. No focus result to loss. ALA stable put so much belief on their greatness in the art of boxing but not on the art of frustrating and defeating your enemy thru other means. In other words ALA and AJ are great but not smart. 8) I just hope that both will have the mental toughness to recover and regain their old glory and succeed someday.

Author:  new king of boxing [ Fri Aug 01, 2008 2:27 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: ALA: The best preparation

they should also focus on preparing their fighters MENTALITY...boxing is like chess, it's a thinking sport..

Author:  raybil [ Fri Aug 01, 2008 7:49 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: ALA: THE BEST PREPARATION

no.1fan wrote:
I can compare ALA stable and AJ Banal. Physically both are good. ALA gym is sophiticated, training is regorous, discipline is unmatch and support all time high. Banal on the otherhand is highly skilled,properly nutritioned, good trainors and sparring partners and a very disciplined fighter. What is lacking to both. I would say mental preparedness. They failed to expect the unexpected. No body expect that Concepcion would resort to such fighting style (dirty), No body expect the referee would be so bias and blind. Hence mentally AJ is frustrated. Frustration loses concentration. No focus result to loss. ALA stable put so much belief on their greatness in the art of boxing but not on the art of frustrating and defeating your enemy thru other means. In other words ALA and AJ are great but not smart. 8) I just hope that both will have the mental toughness to recover and regain their old glory and succeed someday.



for AJ case only...

Author:  g-speedy [ Fri Aug 01, 2008 8:50 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: ALA: The best preparation

There's no argument with the preparations they made. AJ is much better boxer than Concepcion. One thing that I observed was there were no adjustments made by the corner of AJ when Concepcion began banging his side. Up to the round that he gave up due to exhaustion, his coach made no effort to switch to plan B or C or how to defend himself from being bodily hit.

AJ looked confused when he give his all and still Concepcion was standing and even charging, bulldozing him. He has no answer to the offensive explosion of the opposition.What ALA should do is to review the coaching technique or plainly employ a much better coach. If Roach was in the corner of AJ the result may have been different.

Author:  Numero uno [ Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:14 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: ALA: The best preparation

I think he hops around way too much, he was basically doing that every round. he cannot throw combos if his feet is in an up and down motion. He should of timed Concepcions lunges with his feet firmly planted on the ground. ANd effeciently move in a conventional manner minus the skipping kangaroo like bounce.Everytime he has to move away, he hops. I think that's why he was spent. He also doesn't have body movement or head head movement.Iono what to say. It's that very tiring style he has. Which is developed by Villamo :? r. It's Pacquiao's style only no one can do duplicate it, except, maybe Bernabe.

Author:  Tatay [ Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:44 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: ALA: The best preparation

maybe they need to reverse that.

just bread and water instead of gatorade and monitoring heart beats

maybe he just needs to go back and live in his barangay

it sounds like they are babying him

it's time to go back to chopping wood or cutting bamboo for a while

Author:  Numero uno [ Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:48 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: ALA: The best preparation

He fights like Glenn 'the hopper' Donaire..

Author:  Randster [ Sat Aug 02, 2008 12:08 am ]
Post subject:  Re: ALA: The best preparation

I think they need to add new people from the outside with more experience internationally in their corner as well as support staff with new scientific approaches.

Support staff meaning conditioning coaches and nutritionists. Currently I think they have retired boxers providing conditioning and advising what food to take for their boxers. Information passed on to them by their trainers and their trainers trainers. This info may have worked before but not now, with new scientific info out there being utilized by other boxers. ALA shoudn't allow his stable to be left behind but acquire people who are experts in these fields to prepare his boxers well and let them be at an advantage even before the bout begins.

Just my kuro kuro :)

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC + 8 hours
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
https://www.phpbb.com/