Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Tue Dec 01, 2020 2:17 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 1:39 am 
Welterweight

I remember Kotelnik calling out Pacman a few weeks back. Kotelnik is the WBA superlightweight
champion, 5'7 1/2", 29 wins (13 KO's), 2 losses, and 1 draw. Please watch this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36moTg9jges
Do you think Pacman can win against this guy? If the fight with ODLH will not materialize, i think Pacman should go against one of the superlightweight champions. It would be good for Pacman's legacy if he wins 3 world titles simultaneously in 3 weight divisions in one year, much like what Henry Armstrong had done in 1938. Wouldn't that be awesome if our very own Pacman can accomplish that feat.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 1:51 am 
Heavyweight

Who? this guy is not known here in america. This fight wont sell so forget about it. Pacman should just wait for the winner of guzman-campbell or casamayor-marquez. Those fights are much better for the pacman.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 2:39 am 
Welterweight

lbcya99 wrote:
Who? this guy is not known here in america. This fight wont sell so forget about it. Pacman should just wait for the winner of guzman-campbell or casamayor-marquez. Those fights are much better for the pacman.

I'm all for this too assuming those winners on their bouts on Sept. 13 are willing to fight the Pacman in December assuming there's only 2 more months to prepare to fight the Pacman. If they are willing, then I should say let Pacman wait for these winners. All i'm saying about going to superlightweight is that it would surely cement Pacman's legacy if he becomes successful. Just imagine a Filipino winning 3 world title belts simultaneously in 3 weight divisions in 1 year. No one has ever done that since Henry Armstrong in 1938. The fight with Oscar is good too for MP assuming he will win tons of money win or lose the fight. But if it does not happen, why not go for another record breaking feat. There's still a lot of time next year to make those millions of dollars.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 3:05 am 
Featherweight

kotelnik vs valero first.. because both boxers fights tricycle, truck, bus, jeeney and pedicab drivers only
.......... they are evenly match!!............. :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:20 am 
Heavyweight

gomborombo wrote:
kotelnik vs valero first.. because both boxers fights tricycle, truck, bus, jeeney and pedicab drivers only
.......... they are evenly match!!............. :lol: :lol: :lol:

kotelnik is not like valero. he won the wba junior welterwt belt by knock out against the previously unbeaten gavin rees, in his hometown at that!

this is actually a good option for 2 reasons:

1. to prepare manny for a fight with hatton next year

2. in case he wins, he will be have the achievement of winning 3 titles in 3 different divisions in 1 year. i don't know if someone has achieved that before.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:37 am 
Light Heavyweight

He is no chance to manny.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:51 am 
Heavyweight

RaiSpeed_pac wrote:
He is no chance to manny.

well he is tall and bigger than manny and moves faster than ddiaz. it may not be an easy fight but still winnable.