Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:40 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 8:42 am 
Welterweight

Eversince, AJ Banal was KOd by Rafael Concepcion, I was hoping they would fight again. As a matter of fact, AJ's supporters demanded it. I even thought it would happen since it was mentioned in a source that Concepcion would defend it some around September 15. But I became a bit shock to find out that the one who's going to take on Concepcion will be Jorge Arce. I don't think this is right because Arce isn't ranked in WBA.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 8:58 am 
Heavyweight

Blueberry Muffin wrote:
Eversince, AJ Banal was KOd by Rafael Concepcion, I was hoping they would fight again. As a matter of fact, AJ's supporters demanded it. I even thought it would happen since it was mentioned in a source that Concepcion would defend it some around September 15. But I became a bit shock to find out that the one who's going to take on Concepcion will be Jorge Arce. I don't think this is right because Arce isn't ranked in WBA.
Siya pa ang natalo siya pa ang magdemand?? Trans-He who lost should never demand. Aj had the chance and he blew it. He should start from scratch. And rescratch it. Again and again.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:35 am 
Lightweight

Blueberry Muffin wrote:

LOLz!

Because El Torito knows he cannot beat Banal in a clean fight! Concepcion is now exposed as dirty fighter!

:mr.blue:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:38 am 
Lightweight

THE_HIPPIE wrote:
Blueberry Muffin wrote:
Siya pa ang natalo siya pa ang magdemand?? Trans-He who lost should never demand. Aj had the chance and he blew it. He should start from scratch. And rescratch it. Again and again.

LOLz!

Blueberry Muffin's post said AJ's supporters demanded rematch. It was not AJ who demanded rematch! Re-read post slowly!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:39 am 
Heavyweight

blueboy wrote:
THE_HIPPIE wrote:
Blueberry Muffin wrote:

LOLz!

Blueberry Muffin's post said AJ's supporters demanded rematch. It was not AJ who demanded rematch! Re-read post slowly!

Aj or Aj supporters, the same.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:54 am 
Lightweight

THE_HIPPIE wrote:
blueboy wrote:
THE_HIPPIE wrote:

LOLz!

Aj or Aj supporters, the same.

LOLz!

No, not the same! And you know that! Do not say AJ demanded rematch because he didn't as yet! OK, you bash AJ's supporters if ever they really demanded for rematch! But let's put things in proper perspective and be fair to AJ!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:00 am 
Heavyweight

LOLz!

:mr.blue:[/quote]
Aj or Aj supporters, the same.[/quote]
LOLz!

No, not the same! And you know that! Do not say AJ demanded rematch because he didn't as yet! OK, you bash AJ's supporters if ever they really demanded for rematch! But let's put things in proper perspective and be fair to AJ!

:mr.blue:[/quote]

----I don't call patsies or bums to boxers and i never bashed Aj or any supporters of his but to demand or call a rematch this early is another thing. This has to get int0 my radar. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: it's not like Aj lost a controversial decision or anything.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:14 am 
Lightweight

THE_HIPPIE wrote:

----I don't call patsies or bums to boxers and i never bashed Aj or any supporters of his but to demand or call a rematch this early is another thing. This has to get int0 my radar. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: it's not like Aj lost a controversial decision or anything.

LOLz!

Oh, well, whatever it is in your mind right now, I am only trying to put things in proper perspective by making clear to you that AJ never demanded for rematch. AJ's supporters maybe YES there was demand! But your post below clearly tells me you're aiming your target on AJ. Be fair to AJ!

THE_HIPPIE wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:19 am 
Heavyweight

blueboy wrote:
THE_HIPPIE wrote:

LOLz!

Oh, well, whatever it is in your mind right now, I am only trying to put things in proper perspective by making clear to you that AJ never demanded for rematch. AJ's supporters maybe YES there was demand! But your post below clearly tells me you're aiming your target on AJ. Be fair to AJ!

THE_HIPPIE wrote:
Ok sir, i'm fair.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 11:35 am 
Welterweight

I assumed AJ could do better if ever he were to face Concepcion again. He just needs to improve on his endurance and watch for the Panamanian's clinch-and-punch tactics.

If you look at AJ's records at the Boxrec website, you'll notice that he never fought beyond 10 rounds. I guess that explains why he succumbed to exhaustion when he fought Concepcion. Anyway, he was closed to winning that match. Perhaps a rematch might have a better result.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 12:22 pm 
Lightweight

aj should focus first on tarining.jogging mostly.strenghten his stamina because what he showed in conception fight proves his not yet ready to face caliber fighters.Arce will surely KO him or teach him boxing lesson.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 12:37 pm 
Heavyweight

lahing mandirigma wrote:
aj should focus first on tarining.jogging mostly.strenghten his stamina because what he showed in conception fight proves his not yet ready to face caliber fighters.Arce will surely KO him or teach him boxing lesson.

AJ and Goress should sit side by side in a classroom boxing lesson. :)