Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Tue Dec 01, 2020 2:12 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 1:43 pm 
Welterweight

Banal (17-1-1, 14 KOs) desires to reclaim his lost glory after suffering his first professional defeat to Concepcion (11-3-1, 7 KOs) who stopped him in the 10th round of their championship battle last July 26 at the Cebu Coliseum.
“We are really looking at a rematch with Concepcion. That’s what AJ wants that’s what everybody wants,” ALA Promotions President Michael Aldeguer told Sun.Star Cebu.
Concepcion suffered the same fate as Banal last Sept. 15 in Mexico City because he was beaten by Mexican brawler Jorge “El Travieso” Arce (50-4-1, 38 KOs) via a referee stoppage at the end of the ninth round after the ring physician said that the Panamanian wasn’t fit to continue.
Aldeguer believes they will not rush things for Banal and take it one step at a time before they pit the 19-year-old Cebuano with his tormentor.
“We’re going to give AJ one or two more fights and then assess how prepared he is mentally and physically to fight Concepcion,” said Aldeguer. “We’re going take this little by little. He must win convincingly in his comeback fight. We are still talking with Golden Boy on who we will match up with AJ.” Any comments :lol: :D :D :D :D :D :)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 1:50 pm 
Welterweight

Oh come on, Concepcion just came from a loss...

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 1:52 pm 
Light Heavyweight

not a smart fight for aj....

1 Cor 1:26-28

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 1:56 pm 
Lightweight

huli na ang lahat..

trans: what for?.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 1:59 pm 
Middleweight

Hardy wrote:
Banal (17-1-1, 14 KOs) desires to reclaim his lost glory after suffering his first professional defeat to Concepcion (11-3-1, 7 KOs) who stopped him in the 10th round of their championship battle last July 26 at the Cebu Coliseum.
“We are really looking at a rematch with Concepcion. That’s what AJ wants that’s what everybody wants,” ALA Promotions President Michael Aldeguer told Sun.Star Cebu.
Concepcion suffered the same fate as Banal last Sept. 15 in Mexico City because he was beaten by Mexican brawler Jorge “El Travieso” Arce (50-4-1, 38 KOs) via a referee stoppage at the end of the ninth round after the ring physician said that the Panamanian wasn’t fit to continue.
Aldeguer believes they will not rush things for Banal and take it one step at a time before they pit the 19-year-old Cebuano with his tormentor.
“We’re going to give AJ one or two more fights and then assess how prepared he is mentally and physically to fight Concepcion,” said Aldeguer. “We’re going take this little by little. He must win convincingly in his comeback fight. We are still talking with Golden Boy on who we will match up with AJ.” Any comments :lol: :D :D :D :D :D :)

let him fight Arce.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 2:50 pm 
Welterweight

I think AJ's mind is revenge, If this fight happens, AJ cant expect the same Concepcion anymore, he might beat concepcion this time because the latter will not be in his best unlike before that it was an elimination bout thats why concepcion did his best. :D :D :D

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 2:55 pm 
Heavyweight

loser vs loser, why not... :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 4:31 pm 
Cruiserweight

One or two fights before fighting Concepcion? :shock: I guess they are preparing another weak opponent for AJ with the caliber of Eden Marquez or Genaro Cargo type of fighters. Even if AJ will win in a rematch it won't be as sweet as a win before. He only wants revenge and took it personal against Concepcion, still it won't change a thing even if he win because he should be the one facing Arce or the Japaneese fighter if he didn't suffer a knockout!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 4:48 pm 
Welterweight

a lot of fans were disappointed... a rematch can't redeem him specially that concepcion losses to arce. fans always carry that bitter loss in the minds for lossing a fight that is set-up for him to win.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 5:00 pm 
Middleweight

what's with trying to avenge a loss? for Banal's sake he should forget about concepcion, the guy just got TKO'd by Arce.

his handlers ang right in bringing his confidence back up.. slowly. I fully agree however I would like to think that his next opponents are legitimate boxers... I would hate to see his build up against far inferior boxers similar to what boom boom was given cause that would'nd do him any good.

It's not confidence only that has to be built back up, but more importantly he must learn how to fight intelligently.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 5:11 pm 
Heavyweight

I hope the handler's of AJ Banal will sometimes visit this forum to pick some good ideas. There are plenty of ideas/recommendations being expressed here. I am still not giving up my hope on this guy, he is still very young for prejudgement. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 5:24 pm 
Light Heavyweight

too little too late...

1 Cor 1:26-28

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 5:25 pm 
Welterweight

bum decision

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 7:39 pm 
Heavyweight

pugilist0411 wrote:
not a smart fight for aj....

Correct. Another loss from Concepcion will be devastating to his career. They should make sure that AJ would win if there will be a rematch. Concepcions loss to Arce just changed AJ stock. He might not be as good as we think he is.

“I sympathize with those who would minimize economic entanglement between nations. Ideas, knowledge, art, hospitality, travel should of their nature be international. But let goods be homespun and finance be primarily national.”
-Keynes

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:05 pm 
Featherweight

I hope that AJ would fight a rated fighter and prove himself again. I also hope that he finds another TRAINER...