Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:29 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: What's up with AJ?
PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 6:59 am 
Offline
Light Heavyweight

Joined: Sun Feb 29, 2004 6:34 pm
Posts: 1039
Location: cavite
junpals1 wrote:
I still believe AJ Banal has what it takes to be a champion one day. Just wrong game plan. Maybe a new set of trainers. Even Bautista, I am with Penalosa that this boy will be world champion someday. I regard Penalosa's opinion as scholarly. He knows what he is talking about. He could be wrong, but he should be correct most of the time. The problem is the same. How can you rely on a "friend" to be a cut man in a career defining fight? ALA should bring more trainers into their gym. Changes are hard to make. It is not easy to admit that their methods no longer work. When the competition was not that rigid, it worked. But only briefly. They did their fighters wrong when they limited themselves to one trainer. Everybody should sit their sights on Mindanao fighters now. Mindanao stables have a rich diversity of trainers. Cebu has stagnated.



I like your suggestion bring more trainers into their gym sana naman meron taga cebu pwede mag-relay. the problem with ALA stable masyado silang magagaling ayaw nang opinion.Kaya yan puro talo.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What's up with AJ?
PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 7:00 am 
Offline
Heavyweight

Joined: Wed Aug 09, 2006 4:21 am
Posts: 4227
training hard for his comeback, working on combos. 8)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What's up with AJ?
PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 7:14 am 
Offline
Cruiserweight
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 09, 2007 5:05 pm
Posts: 2432
atemo wrote:
His team is lining up patsies for him to regain his confidence! The same way they did to Boom Boom!



AJ is still good, they dont have to line up Patsies!!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What's up with AJ?
PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 7:22 am 
Offline
Middleweight
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 13, 2008 5:21 am
Posts: 660
Location: bajada km. 4
Maybe buboy can manage AJ.

_________________
NO MAKE SENSE PUKA PANTS..UNDERSTAND RUBBERBAND.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What's up with AJ?
PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 12:19 pm 
Offline
Light Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 23, 2006 6:42 am
Posts: 1604
skipper5398 wrote:
atemo wrote:
His team is lining up patsies for him to regain his confidence! The same way they did to Boom Boom!



AJ is still good, they dont have to line up Patsies!!


At his tender age now, this is how they should do it. Start with patsies then up the caliber once in a while. There is no need to hurry. Just like cooking, a food cooked too fast won't be good. ALA has a bad habit of rushing their fighters.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What's up with AJ?
PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 12:21 pm 
Offline
Light Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 23, 2006 6:42 am
Posts: 1604
cool_as_ice wrote:
junpals1 wrote:
I still believe AJ Banal has what it takes to be a champion one day. Just wrong game plan. Maybe a new set of trainers. Even Bautista, I am with Penalosa that this boy will be world champion someday. I regard Penalosa's opinion as scholarly. He knows what he is talking about. He could be wrong, but he should be correct most of the time. The problem is the same. How can you rely on a "friend" to be a cut man in a career defining fight? ALA should bring more trainers into their gym. Changes are hard to make. It is not easy to admit that their methods no longer work. When the competition was not that rigid, it worked. But only briefly. They did their fighters wrong when they limited themselves to one trainer. Everybody should sit their sights on Mindanao fighters now. Mindanao stables have a rich diversity of trainers. Cebu has stagnated.



I like your suggestion bring more trainers into their gym sana naman meron taga cebu pwede mag-relay. the problem with ALA stable masyado silang magagaling ayaw nang opinion.Kaya yan puro talo.


ALA should open their eyes. What worked against lesser competition won't necessarily work against top level opponents. More trainers, more knowledge imparted. This should be better.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What's up with AJ?
PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 2:01 pm 
Offline
Welterweight
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 30, 2008 10:19 pm
Posts: 379
Sad realities...
AJ seen in a Mandaue Night Market selling ukay ukay with friends.
Seems he had a fallout with his promoter when scolded for smoking and tardy at Gym.

Boomboom still in Bohol for the holiday season. May be back to gym soon but requested that his trainers be changed.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What's up with AJ?
PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 2:11 pm 
Offline
Middleweight

Joined: Sun Sep 26, 2004 11:12 pm
Posts: 771
boljack wrote:
Sad realities...
AJ seen in a Mandaue Night Market selling ukay ukay with friends.
Seems he had a fallout with his promoter when scolded for smoking and tardy at Gym.

Boomboom still in Bohol for the holiday season. May be back to gym soon but requested that his trainers be changed.


Is this true or chismis?

What our boxers need, ALA's and others, is outstanding conditioning. Manny is proof that our boxers need to "train hard then the fight becomes easy", Pacs words in 24/7. When the boxer becomes exhausted they are most vulnerable for they become sloppy and careless.

I still believe in AJ and Boom2 that they will bounce back.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What's up with AJ?
PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 6:58 pm 
Offline
Bantamweight

Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2008 12:23 am
Posts: 38
Location: quezon city
Wait lang kayo mga dude. AJ is busy in his friendster account. you can check there his whereabouts :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What's up with AJ?
PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 7:05 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 28, 2008 5:47 pm
Posts: 191647
Location: Hokkaido
jessiejames wrote:
Wait lang kayo mga dude. AJ is busy in his friendster account. you can check there his whereabouts :lol:



kindly post the link. :biglaugh:

_________________
~Dream ~Believe ~Survive


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What's up with AJ?
PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 7:15 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2008 8:35 pm
Posts: 4840
AJ is learning how to play soccer...

_________________
Iesous Christos Theou hUios Soter.

" I search history in vain to find the equal to Jesus Christ. " - Napoleon Bonaparte

" In the beginning, God made the heavens and the earth... now everything else is Made in China. "


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What's up with AJ?
PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 7:32 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2008 8:35 pm
Posts: 4840
xianli wrote:
AJ is learning how to play soccer...



http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0S020rBEVZJR ... 50,00.html

so that's why he got ktfo..lol..

_________________
Iesous Christos Theou hUios Soter.

" I search history in vain to find the equal to Jesus Christ. " - Napoleon Bonaparte

" In the beginning, God made the heavens and the earth... now everything else is Made in China. "


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What's up with AJ?
PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 7:37 pm 
Offline
Welterweight

Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2008 10:16 pm
Posts: 463
MP at AJ and Boom2's age has already had the HEART of a man. That's what separates Manny from the rest.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What's up with AJ?
PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 3:24 am 
Offline
Welterweight

Joined: Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:04 pm
Posts: 307
boljack wrote:
Sad realities...
AJ seen in a Mandaue Night Market selling ukay ukay with friends.
Seems he had a fallout with his promoter when scolded for smoking and tardy at Gym.

Boomboom still in Bohol for the holiday season. May be back to gym soon but requested that his trainers be changed.


kindly tell aj cigarrettes are a no-no. it's worse than chongki.

boom2 my friend, it's not your trainers, really.. 8)

_________________
"What's black for you might be white for me, even if it's actually gray..." - db29


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What's up with AJ?
PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 3:40 am 
Offline
Lightweight
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:22 am
Posts: 104
He's a low level just like the rest of pinoy boxers...He just not know it yet.

_________________
The Filipinoxecution Of Ricky Hatton [May 2 2009]


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC + 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

philboxing.com | pinoygreats.com
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group