Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum
http://forum.philboxing.com/

What's up with AJ?
http://forum.philboxing.com/viewtopic.php?f=93&t=116019
Page 3 of 4

Author:  cool_as_ice [ Sat Dec 27, 2008 6:59 am ]
Post subject:  Re: What's up with AJ?

junpals1 wrote:
I still believe AJ Banal has what it takes to be a champion one day. Just wrong game plan. Maybe a new set of trainers. Even Bautista, I am with Penalosa that this boy will be world champion someday. I regard Penalosa's opinion as scholarly. He knows what he is talking about. He could be wrong, but he should be correct most of the time. The problem is the same. How can you rely on a "friend" to be a cut man in a career defining fight? ALA should bring more trainers into their gym. Changes are hard to make. It is not easy to admit that their methods no longer work. When the competition was not that rigid, it worked. But only briefly. They did their fighters wrong when they limited themselves to one trainer. Everybody should sit their sights on Mindanao fighters now. Mindanao stables have a rich diversity of trainers. Cebu has stagnated.



I like your suggestion bring more trainers into their gym sana naman meron taga cebu pwede mag-relay. the problem with ALA stable masyado silang magagaling ayaw nang opinion.Kaya yan puro talo.

Author:  Numero uno [ Sat Dec 27, 2008 7:00 am ]
Post subject:  Re: What's up with AJ?

training hard for his comeback, working on combos. 8)

Author:  skipper5398 [ Sat Dec 27, 2008 7:14 am ]
Post subject:  Re: What's up with AJ?

atemo wrote:
His team is lining up patsies for him to regain his confidence! The same way they did to Boom Boom!



AJ is still good, they dont have to line up Patsies!!

Author:  theboxer20 [ Sat Dec 27, 2008 7:22 am ]
Post subject:  Re: What's up with AJ?

Maybe buboy can manage AJ.

Author:  junpals1 [ Sat Dec 27, 2008 12:19 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: What's up with AJ?

skipper5398 wrote:
atemo wrote:
His team is lining up patsies for him to regain his confidence! The same way they did to Boom Boom!



AJ is still good, they dont have to line up Patsies!!


At his tender age now, this is how they should do it. Start with patsies then up the caliber once in a while. There is no need to hurry. Just like cooking, a food cooked too fast won't be good. ALA has a bad habit of rushing their fighters.

Author:  junpals1 [ Sat Dec 27, 2008 12:21 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: What's up with AJ?

cool_as_ice wrote:
junpals1 wrote:
I still believe AJ Banal has what it takes to be a champion one day. Just wrong game plan. Maybe a new set of trainers. Even Bautista, I am with Penalosa that this boy will be world champion someday. I regard Penalosa's opinion as scholarly. He knows what he is talking about. He could be wrong, but he should be correct most of the time. The problem is the same. How can you rely on a "friend" to be a cut man in a career defining fight? ALA should bring more trainers into their gym. Changes are hard to make. It is not easy to admit that their methods no longer work. When the competition was not that rigid, it worked. But only briefly. They did their fighters wrong when they limited themselves to one trainer. Everybody should sit their sights on Mindanao fighters now. Mindanao stables have a rich diversity of trainers. Cebu has stagnated.



I like your suggestion bring more trainers into their gym sana naman meron taga cebu pwede mag-relay. the problem with ALA stable masyado silang magagaling ayaw nang opinion.Kaya yan puro talo.


ALA should open their eyes. What worked against lesser competition won't necessarily work against top level opponents. More trainers, more knowledge imparted. This should be better.

Author:  boljack [ Sat Dec 27, 2008 2:01 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: What's up with AJ?

Sad realities...
AJ seen in a Mandaue Night Market selling ukay ukay with friends.
Seems he had a fallout with his promoter when scolded for smoking and tardy at Gym.

Boomboom still in Bohol for the holiday season. May be back to gym soon but requested that his trainers be changed.

Author:  craulo [ Sat Dec 27, 2008 2:11 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: What's up with AJ?

boljack wrote:
Sad realities...
AJ seen in a Mandaue Night Market selling ukay ukay with friends.
Seems he had a fallout with his promoter when scolded for smoking and tardy at Gym.

Boomboom still in Bohol for the holiday season. May be back to gym soon but requested that his trainers be changed.


Is this true or chismis?

What our boxers need, ALA's and others, is outstanding conditioning. Manny is proof that our boxers need to "train hard then the fight becomes easy", Pacs words in 24/7. When the boxer becomes exhausted they are most vulnerable for they become sloppy and careless.

I still believe in AJ and Boom2 that they will bounce back.

Author:  jessiejames [ Sat Dec 27, 2008 6:58 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: What's up with AJ?

Wait lang kayo mga dude. AJ is busy in his friendster account. you can check there his whereabouts :lol:

Author:  Retz [ Sat Dec 27, 2008 7:05 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: What's up with AJ?

jessiejames wrote:
Wait lang kayo mga dude. AJ is busy in his friendster account. you can check there his whereabouts :lol:



kindly post the link. :biglaugh:

Author:  xianli [ Sat Dec 27, 2008 7:15 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: What's up with AJ?

AJ is learning how to play soccer...

Author:  xianli [ Sat Dec 27, 2008 7:32 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: What's up with AJ?

xianli wrote:
AJ is learning how to play soccer...



http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0S020rBEVZJR ... 50,00.html

so that's why he got ktfo..lol..

Author:  vicus2005 [ Sat Dec 27, 2008 7:37 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: What's up with AJ?

MP at AJ and Boom2's age has already had the HEART of a man. That's what separates Manny from the rest.

Author:  phrenic [ Sun Dec 28, 2008 3:24 am ]
Post subject:  Re: What's up with AJ?

boljack wrote:
Sad realities...
AJ seen in a Mandaue Night Market selling ukay ukay with friends.
Seems he had a fallout with his promoter when scolded for smoking and tardy at Gym.

Boomboom still in Bohol for the holiday season. May be back to gym soon but requested that his trainers be changed.


kindly tell aj cigarrettes are a no-no. it's worse than chongki.

boom2 my friend, it's not your trainers, really.. 8)

Author:  THE TORNADO [ Sun Dec 28, 2008 3:40 am ]
Post subject:  Re: What's up with AJ?

He's a low level just like the rest of pinoy boxers...He just not know it yet.

Page 3 of 4 All times are UTC + 8 hours
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
https://www.phpbb.com/