Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:56 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:11 pm 
Offline
Light Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:57 pm
Posts: 1031
Obvoius premature stoppage talaga.Dapat somebody should talk to the Ref. its doesnot look good to stop it that way. Lumalaban pa kalaban and he is still standing. Khan was more worst than that whe he fought Medana.. Pa sway sway na si Khan noon.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:58 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 07, 2005 5:02 am
Posts: 6431
Location: Bansang Kanluran
yeah premature, ref should count 8 at that moment and give hidalgo achance

_________________
"There's no hope in dope,so stay away from prohibited drugs. Get into the sports instead it's your best bet and be a sure winner" - Robert 'Sonny" Jaworski


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:50 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2003 1:28 pm
Posts: 35014
Location: Cebu, Phils., Paclander ID No. 0044
obviously the ref was not so sure of his decision to stop the fight...!! signaling its over...and yet told hidalgo to walk towards him..!! natataranta ka ba ref..?? :shock:

_________________
Don't Fear the Enemy that Attacks You, But the Fake Friend that Hugs You..!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:32 am 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 26, 2006 7:27 pm
Posts: 7855
Location: wala dito, andun!!!!!
shiva wrote:
The standing 8 count rule is no longer used in professional boxing, only in the amateurs.



and yet "boxing experts" here claimed that it should have been done :lol:

_________________
Ang tanong na hindi masagot ni baklitang RADEONA:

Tanong lang baklitang radeona, nasa WORLD CUP na ba yung mga fafa mo?

Ay eto pa, nasa ASIAN CUP na ba yung mga fafa mo?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:06 am 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 26, 2006 7:27 pm
Posts: 7855
Location: wala dito, andun!!!!!
praktikal wrote:
no.1fan wrote:
bajokjok wrote:
its a premature stoppage!!!! clear as day.... clearly banal`s opponent got stunned after a good left (not sure) but he was still conscious and he was struggling to have his balance back.. and he was still fighting back throwing punches... Banal may have won but he didnt learn much needed experience to make him a good title contender, hope he works more on his stamina , its his achillies heel IMO...


Like what you have said above, the fighter was still boxing even if the fight had stopped already. Clearly he was out of his senses. Clearly TS you don't have good judgement in how to analyze a fight. 8)


That's why I asked. :roll:

Thanks for posting, at least I learned something.



huli ka, bajokjok is your other handle... :lol: :lol: :lol:

_________________
Ang tanong na hindi masagot ni baklitang RADEONA:

Tanong lang baklitang radeona, nasa WORLD CUP na ba yung mga fafa mo?

Ay eto pa, nasa ASIAN CUP na ba yung mga fafa mo?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:46 am 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2008 9:14 pm
Posts: 5770
shiva wrote:
The standing 8 count rule is no longer used in professional boxing, only in the amateurs.


I think the ref in the Molina vs Kirkland committed this blunder.
But i'm still confused about this standing 8 count rule.
This link could perhaps enlighten us about this boxing rule. :?

http://philboxing.com/news/story-68122.html


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:05 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 28, 2003 8:39 pm
Posts: 2233
Location: Cebu
Bolo_Punch wrote:
shiva wrote:
The standing 8 count rule is no longer used in professional boxing, only in the amateurs.


I think the ref in the Molina vs Kirkland committed this blunder.
But i'm still confused about this standing 8 count rule.
This link could perhaps enlighten us about this boxing rule. :?

http://philboxing.com/news/story-68122.html

The issue in the Molina-Kirkland fight is different. Molina was coming from a knockdown so it was right for the referee to administer the count. However the bell rang to signal the end of the round before he finished the count. The ref should have stopped the count when the bell sounded. In the real sense this is not a standing 8 count.

A standing 8 count is when the action is stopped by the referee when a boxer, who was not knocked down and was receiving heavy punishment, is being counted on by the ref while still standing.

_________________
Peace!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:27 pm 
Offline
Light Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:26 pm
Posts: 1679
Location: Court of Justice
Tapdasan made a blunder when he ask Hidalgo to come to him after the stoppage. I give the ref a grade of B for officiating the fight.

_________________
Ang pulitika sa Pilipinas ay negosyo, hindi serbisyo publiko


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:45 am 
Offline
Lightweight

Joined: Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:24 pm
Posts: 176
TheSubversive wrote:
if Pinoys will cry about Mexicans cheating then its time to look at these referees which are also cheating the fighters

the Mexican was wobbly but still on his feet. Why not give him a standing 8 count or simply let AJ knock him down first

pinoy refs are either corrupt, incompetent or dumb, what a shame. Banal was on his way to beating him but the ref decided to create controversy



Dumali ka nanaman..... tapos iiwan mo pag wala ka maisagot kagaya nito....http://forum.philboxing.com/vie ... &sk=t&sd=a


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:36 am 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2008 9:14 pm
Posts: 5770
shiva wrote:
Bolo_Punch wrote:
shiva wrote:
The standing 8 count rule is no longer used in professional boxing, only in the amateurs.


I think the ref in the Molina vs Kirkland committed this blunder.
But i'm still confused about this standing 8 count rule.
This link could perhaps enlighten us about this boxing rule. :?

http://philboxing.com/news/story-68122.html

The issue in the Molina-Kirkland fight is different. Molina was coming from a knockdown so it was right for the referee to administer the count. However the bell rang to signal the end of the round before he finished the count. The ref should have stopped the count when the bell sounded. In the real sense this is not a standing 8 count.

A standing 8 count is when the action is stopped by the referee when a boxer, who was not knocked down and was receiving heavy punishment, is being counted on by the ref while still standing.


Thanks boss for this clear explanation.Now,my brain is satisfied learning
about this standing 8 count rule. :D


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:37 pm 
Offline
Middleweight

Joined: Wed Jul 12, 2006 10:14 am
Posts: 945
Location: Fairfield, CA
CJ Crown wrote:
Tapdasan made a blunder when he ask Hidalgo to come to him after the stoppage. I give the ref a grade of B for officiating the fight.


http://www.sunstar.com.ph/cebu/sports/2 ... 55ae2f1f7a

Now, below is the answer of the referee, Danrex Joseph V. Tapdasan, to my query in which I inserted some interesting insights of fellow paclanders.

Jhon Doe · 32 years old
Ok... Yes, it was correct... However, after deciding that the fight should be stopped, why did he still try to make the losing opponent walk towards him instead of assisting the latter to Hidalgo's corner? Why didn't he instead do the mandatory eight count to really check if the fighter can still continue or not before waving the fight off?

Danrex Joseph V. Tapdasan
Ok, let me briefly explain my actions for your benefit Jhon Doe. When I stopped the fight, I was 100% certain that it's over. When I did that, the cornermen of Hidalgo shouted at me to complain that their fighter was fine. So, to show them that their fighter was in no position to continue, I let Hidalgo walk to me and pointed to his feet while glancing at his cornermen. I did that so as not to create doubt to the minds of the Mexicans that we Filipinos are biased in favor of our fellow Filipino fighters. True enough, after watching the video replay of the fight, the Mexicans openly admitted that I made the right call. In other words, I did that for the benefit of fairness and justice to the Mexicans who traveled from the other side of the world to come here and fight. And by the way, there is no standing 8-count in professional boxing anymore.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:51 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2008 7:08 pm
Posts: 7820
Location: Las Piñas City PB-0523
bajokjok wrote:
no.1fan wrote:
praktikal wrote:
its a premature stoppage!!!! clear as day.... clearly banal`s opponent got stunned after a good left (not sure) but he was still conscious and he was struggling to have his balance back.. and he was still fighting back throwing punches... Banal may have won but he didnt learn much needed experience to make him a good title contender, hope he works more on his stamina , its his achillies heel IMO...


Like what you have said above, the fighter was still boxing even if the fight had stopped already. Clearly he was out of his senses. Clearly TS you don't have good judgement in how to analyze a fight. 8)


That's why I asked. :roll:

Thanks for posting, at least I learned something.


jolz wrote:
huli ka, bajokjok is your other handle... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Busted!!! :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

_________________
-Believe in yourself, fly high and reach your ideals in life-


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 12:45 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 26, 2006 7:27 pm
Posts: 7855
Location: wala dito, andun!!!!!
LOL@ subversive...

standing 8 count daw? :lol: :lol: :lol:

_________________
Ang tanong na hindi masagot ni baklitang RADEONA:

Tanong lang baklitang radeona, nasa WORLD CUP na ba yung mga fafa mo?

Ay eto pa, nasa ASIAN CUP na ba yung mga fafa mo?


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

All times are UTC + 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

philboxing.com | pinoygreats.com
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group