Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:18 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:05 pm 
Cruiserweight

Saw the replay..Wow..the ref is as biased as f"&k... there were at least 2 legit knockdowns that were ruled as slip :shock: ??? Had the fight went 12 rounds it would have been a robbery.... may pa- international ref. at judges pa silang nalalaman, lutong makaw naman :?

ALA sucks

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:07 pm 
Cruiserweight

banal should concentrate to training and stop chatting with friends on facevooks a night before the fight

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:10 pm 
Cruiserweight

twigzz wrote:
Tsskk ... I was watching from the VIP Lounge of MOA Arena that night .... Banal is WBO rank #1 contender while his opponent is ranked #2 with 42 wins and 1 loss ... 16 of his victims were Filipinos but not with Banal's caliber. AJ was his 17th victim, he did all he could to win the fight but the Thai get the best of him. Nobody expected to end the fight that way but unfortunately AJ was hit on the head with a punch and goes down unbalance on the canvass at first .. it was not ruled as a KD but after an exchange of punches he was then hit again and he goes down and he did his best to stand up but Tony Weeks ended the fight. His opponent is a champion in their country ... technicality wise he is no caliber as of AJ's but he has a very strong chin and fighting heart. Better luck Next time for AJ Banal, he has nothing to be ashamed of he did his best, he was just over-hyped and so the peoples expectations were too much a burden for him to carry.

Agree, to much expectation resulted many harsh insult from the viewers. It's AJ' Banal fault. He shows too much confident and the people dreamed again for another honor for the country and as Filipinos.

I believe the main reasons why people are talking like these for Banal is to let him know what to do next. Just consider comments as honest advice. I think pain tolerance could help him to gain durability. That way he could endure pains so that he could easily recover when heavy punches hit him..

Last edited by Indomitable_Soldier on Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:10 pm 
Cruiserweight

cutie pie wrote:
banal should concentrate to training and stop chatting with friends on facevooks a night before the fight

Wag naman...celebrity na siya..ngayon pa na na addict-na :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:32 pm 
Cruiserweight

replace edito villamor...... no head and foot movement si aj banal... pati si bum bum..

- John James Rambo (born July 6, 1947)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:32 pm 
Cruiserweight

raymund wrote:

Oppa Banal Style :lol: :lol: :lol:

pwede hehehe!

- John James Rambo (born July 6, 1947)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:22 pm 
Cruiserweight

AJ Banal should replace Edito Villamor as the next trainer of the new breed of ALA Boys...

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:10 am 
Heavyweight

raymund wrote:

Oppa Banal Style :lol: :lol: :lol:

this reminds me of tim tebow.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:56 am 
Middleweight

batang kamuning wrote:
jogar84 wrote:
Gil P. Acosta wrote:
Why not? After shaming all pinoys when he quit against Concepcion? He deserves it. Only few rounds left and he was even ahead on the scorecards. He did not suck it up to finish the fight. He quit. I wonder what the handlers of this boxer was thinking when they still insisted on managing this boxer. If only referee Weeks asked Banal if he still wanted to continue, I am sure he could have quit again. Blessing in disguise for him the referee just stopped the fight or else it would have been the second time Banal quit.

this

i dont think he quit this time around, he's just not good enough. i heard he was showboating in this fight too, thinking he's winning. heck, this Thai opponent was unranked and his promoters moved heaven and earth to make it easy for AJ, giving the hometown advantage. Even with all these things, he can't win the fight.

I think from now, its will be hard for him to get another title shot. Jason Pagara might be the next guy.

thats not true. This thai has only 1 loss and more than 40 wins and 28 ko? before the fight. what the heck r u talking that he was unranked. mamen..compare their stats before u talk.

UNRANKED by Ring Magazine, the only ranking that matters. Of course he is ranked by a sanctioning body.

AJ was ranked #10 by Ring. i doubt he'll be ranked that high now after this loss

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:09 am 
Welterweight

You know there's still a thing called positive criticism right?

Negative opinions about you, especially if they are justified should serve to motivate and promote change.

Ngayon, kung lahat ng magsasabi ng negative sasabihan niyong talangka, hindi din kayo boxing fans. Hindi pwedeng puro positive lang ang makikita niyo at para lang kayong cheering squad. And kahit pinoy tayo, sure kampi tayo sa kababayan natin, dapat in your minds hawak niyo pa rin ang opinion na may certain fights na dehado tayo at umaasa lang tayo na manalo.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:39 am 
Light Heavyweight

kissmark88 wrote:

op...op...op op op...op...op...op

:lol: :lol: :peace:

Oppa Banal Style! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:55 am 
Middleweight

JudgeHenryVerniz wrote:
You know there's still a thing called positive criticism right?

Negative opinions about you, especially if they are justified should serve to motivate and promote change.

Ngayon, kung lahat ng magsasabi ng negative sasabihan niyong talangka, hindi din kayo boxing fans. Hindi pwedeng puro positive lang ang makikita niyo at para lang kayong cheering squad. And kahit pinoy tayo, sure kampi tayo sa kababayan natin, dapat in your minds hawak niyo pa rin ang opinion na may certain fights na dehado tayo at umaasa lang tayo na manalo.

agree...negative comments help them to correct their mistakes.