Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Tue Dec 19, 2017 6:33 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 3:27 am 
Light Heavyweight

ok surely hes not a special boxer like manny or nonito.
i never thought he would make it to the elite level even during those times he was being touted as the next pacquiao.
but why all these bashing and attacks? as far as i know, AJ is not as hambog as boom boom.
he's just a simple boxer who tries his best(even though his best isnt enough) to fight and earn money.

give some respect. no matter how he sucks in the boxing ring. a filipino fighter deserve some respect. except the hambog ones that arent really good but keep on boasting.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 3:40 am 
Cruiserweight

Frighty wrote:
i never thought he would make it to the elite level even during those times he was being touted as the next pacquiao.
but why all these bashing and attacks? as far as i know, AJ is not as hambog as boom boom.
he's just a simple boxer who tries his best(even though his best isnt enough) to fight and earn money.

give some respect. no matter how he sucks in the boxing ring. a filipino fighter deserve some respect. except the hambog ones that arent really good but keep on boasting.

i am with you on this one brotha! :drinking:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:22 am 
Middleweight

Why not? After shaming all pinoys when he quit against Concepcion? He deserves it. Only few rounds left and he was even ahead on the scorecards. He did not suck it up to finish the fight. He quit. I wonder what the handlers of this boxer was thinking when they still insisted on managing this boxer. If only referee Weeks asked Banal if he still wanted to continue, I am sure he could have quit again. Blessing in disguise for him the referee just stopped the fight or else it would have been the second time Banal quit.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:36 am 
Middleweight

Gil P. Acosta wrote:
Why not? After shaming all pinoys when he quit against Concepcion? He deserves it. Only few rounds left and he was even ahead on the scorecards. He did not suck it up to finish the fight. He quit. I wonder what the handlers of this boxer was thinking when they still insisted on managing this boxer. If only referee Weeks asked Banal if he still wanted to continue, I am sure he could have quit again. Blessing in disguise for him the referee just stopped the fight or else it would have been the second time Banal quit.

this

i dont think he quit this time around, he's just not good enough. i heard he was showboating in this fight too, thinking he's winning. heck, this Thai opponent was unranked and his promoters moved heaven and earth to make it easy for AJ, giving the hometown advantage. Even with all these things, he can't win the fight.

I think from now, its will be hard for him to get another title shot. Jason Pagara might be the next guy.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:45 am 
Light Heavyweight

coz ala is just world class.

:lol:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:05 am 
Welterweight

Frighty wrote:

We're on the same page bro... :beer:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:44 am 
Light Heavyweight

lol i was also disappointed when AJ gave up when he fought conception. nasa bar pako nun nakita ko sa tv napamura nalang ako.
but lets be real here.. 99% of you who hold a grudge against AJ because of that probably would give up in just 30minutes of running.
boxing is very different. only boxers can understand how tiring and how much taking punches both to the head and body can sap your spirit and energy.

let's just move on. AJ will never make it to the elite level. that's just it. no need to rub salt to the wound(tama ba?)
he's still a fellow filipino and a fighter. have some respect. buti sana kung nagpapakita ng kahambugan yung tao. hindi naman.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:55 am 
Heavyweight

dang Sor Singyu crashed the ALA party...

didn't they hire psychologist and a nutritionist to address banal's past shortcomings?

We don't know how banal will go from here.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:11 am 
Cruiserweight

Frighty wrote:

I think it is a combination of CRAB and IMMATURITY: CRABMATURE

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:37 am 
Light Heavyweight

People are bashing AJ BANAL in particular and ALA in general because those people who are half baked pinoys...they don't even know that calling AJ singlehandedly is indeed calling the entire Filipino people out....shame on this kind of people :banghead:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:04 am 
Heavyweight

Frighty wrote:

+10 times!!!

on a serious note; TS is right, give respect to the boxers who are doing their best to uplift their careers even though their talent is not enough to compete at the elite level. stop bashing them. :D

....what would you feel if you are a student but not the top 1 in class because someone is more talented than you? you just laugh it off and say, you don't care? but deep down, you know you are a loser, because you are.

...what would you feel if you are an employee but you do not get promoted because someone is more talented than you and you get bashed? you feel like a loser? because you really are.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:13 am 
Middleweight

ALA should hire the likes of Angel "Memo"Heredia as his conditioning coach, 8) 8) 8)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:32 am 
Cruiserweight

ALA = Turd

nuff said

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:34 am 
Cruiserweight

Diggy wrote:
People are bashing AJ BANAL in particular and ALA in general because those people who are half baked pinoys...they don't even know that calling AJ singlehandedly is indeed calling the entire Filipino people out....shame on this kind of people :banghead:

That's because we're not all Cebuanos ...duh

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:19 am 
Heavyweight

bakit nga ba? i also want to know.
yes we are not cebuanos all... but we are pinoys.
di ba dapat pag pinoy vs foreigner, kahit papano sa pinoy tayo?
or iba na ngayon? kahit pinoy, basta galit tayo sa isang partikular na rehiyon
eh di natin kakampihan at dun tayo sa banyaga? interesting....

If you have been criticized and charged with negative things by other people; don't get affected. Their opinion is not your reality. It's theirs. Their negativity is a reflection of their own unhappy existence.