Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:54 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:19 am 
Middleweight

As I observe the fight every thing seems right for aj on the earlier round. The tide turns the other way around after the class of heads, the low blows, and the pressure of the less technical but the more aggressive and determined fighter.

I believe that aj got a good physical and technical preparation considering ALA hired a conditioning coach. However these are the aspects that the coaches of ALA and the fighter fails to look up to:

1.) The mental preparation of the fighter. No questions about the fighters motivation, but have they prepared the fighter's psychological reaction in a worst case scenario? I believe that too much media exposure of the fighters may result to overconfidence and may affect their focus.
2.) The wide stance. Are they aware that a wide stance could impare the fighters punching power? I've been noticing this before on most ALA fighters except on Milan Milendo.
3.) The fighters reaction to counterpunches and pressure.Most Filipino pugilists love to pressure their opponent by overwhelming punches but in a loss when being pressured. They became stationery, spend more time in the cover without a counter in reply. When being pit to a counter puncher they keep on attacking which lure them to a powerful punch. They can't keep their composure when being tagged.
4.) The jab factor.In boxing fundamentals it is both your offense and defense setting up your wide range of punches. Mixed with good lateral and footwork and whaala! A perfect tool for winning.

Nevertheless, aj's loss is an eye opener for aspiring fighters but I could not say so in behalf of aj and other ALA fighters. It happens in a fight, sometimes the fighter with a bigger determination and heart wins it. But hey ALA still have more potential world champions and they already got Donnie Nietes as a Champion. The only problem is they give more media attention to what they believe as the more lucrative fighters like aj, boom2x, and the pagaras who were yet to prove something. The lightest fighter in the person of Millan Milendo has more world champion potentials than those mentioned. Just my take.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:20 pm 
Cruiserweight

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:23 pm 
Light Heavyweight

in war it's not all about firepower

you have to put some armor

and fuel to stay fighting

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:35 pm 
Middleweight

mcknug wrote:
in war it's not all about firepower

you have to put some armor

and fuel to stay fighting

and unfortunately it was pungluang who has it...

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 1:25 pm 
Heavyweight

I feel that many ALA fighters got that so called success (at least on a regional level) the easy way. They were hungry, but not that hungry like the ones who built their boxing career from the ground zero then up, without any help from a media-hyping machine.

Remember pac's first title fight? He was getting schooled so bad but he didnt quit. Perhaps he was thinking that this was his ONLY chance to get that title shot. He fought like a madman with a kill or be killed attitude. He probably knew during that time that he will be forgotten into obscurity if he did not win because he had no media-hype mogul back then unlike the ALA fighters are enjoying now.

We all know pac is special and any comparison is unfair. But part of that success was rooted on GETTING THINGS DONE THE HARD WAY.

Some of this ALA fighters think that they will always get their second chance. You can see it when they are fighting specially for a title shot. No sense of urgency whatsoever.

This is not a jab to AJ. Perhaps he will become ultra-motivated because of this lost and he will come back with a vengeance. But I am a little bit pessimistic about this given that he experienced this before and almost no significant changes in the way he fights, his hunger, and fighting heart.

My point is this: If you instill an attitude to a fighter that boxing is all he ever have, when he fights, you can fuccking count that he will give his all... all he ever have.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 1:50 pm 
Heavyweight

Just the basic fundamental,he does'nt even know how to feint and confuse his opponent,second,i'm saying this for many years now and ALA has'nt address the issue,STAMINA!!deym,those heavy body blows that sneaked in to AJ took it's toll in the late rounds,third,does ALA trainers knows how to throw a third punch?paisa-isa sumuntok mga fighters nila tsk tsk.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 1:54 pm 
Middleweight

boknoy the fighting ball wrote:
My point is this: If you instill an attitude to a fighter that boxing is all he ever have, when he fights, you can fuccking count that he will give his all... all he ever have.

I think aj's motivation is out of question because it's evident on his confidence. It's just that sometimes s**t happens. That's boxing you could not really tell the result unless you've heard the last bell. But I could not take the credit away from pungluang, he got a big heart, very determined, and a solid chin with a powerful right hand.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:00 pm 
Heavyweight

Thai dude punched him and knocked him out.This is de javu, people shouldn't be surprised.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:44 pm 
Heavyweight

I was there at the MOA arena and saw how the cut bothered AJ. It distracted him that it totally reduced his overall fighting ability, defense and concentration. It was simply the cut, that cost him the title, he was winning until he got hit with those unforeseen punches that came from the blind side.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 3:27 pm 
Heavyweight

devondenom wrote:
As I observe the fight every thing seems right for aj on the earlier round. The tide turns the other way around after the class of heads, the low blows, and the pressure of the less technical but the more aggressive and determined fighter.

I believe that aj got a good physical and technical preparation considering ALA hired a conditioning coach. However these are the aspects that the coaches of ALA and the fighter fails to look up to:

1.) The mental preparation of the fighter. No questions about the fighters motivation, but have they prepared the fighter's psychological reaction in a worst case scenario? I believe that too much media exposure of the fighters may result to overconfidence and may affect their focus.
2.) The wide stance. Are they aware that a wide stance could impare the fighters punching power? I've been noticing this before on most ALA fighters except on Milan Milendo.
3.) The fighters reaction to counterpunches and pressure.Most Filipino pugilists love to pressure their opponent by overwhelming punches but in a loss when being pressured. They became stationery, spend more time in the cover without a counter in reply. When being pit to a counter puncher they keep on attacking which lure them to a powerful punch. They can't keep their composure when being tagged.
4.) The jab factor.In boxing fundamentals it is both your offense and defense setting up your wide range of punches. Mixed with good lateral and footwork and whaala! A perfect tool for winning.

Nevertheless, aj's loss is an eye opener for aspiring fighters but I could not say so in behalf of aj and other ALA fighters. It happens in a fight, sometimes the fighter with a bigger determination and heart wins it. But hey ALA still have more potential world champions and they already got Donnie Nietes as a Champion. The only problem is they give more media attention to what they believe as the more lucrative fighters like aj, boom2x, and the pagaras who were yet to prove something. The lightest fighter in the person of Millan Milendo has more world champion potentials than those mentioned. Just my take.

Very well said. 8)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:33 pm 
Heavyweight

The Thai dude is better.
Sometimes you just have to give credit to the other guy.
AJ was not ahead at the time of the stoppage.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:34 pm 
Heavyweight

LitMakuh wrote:
I was there at the MOA arena and saw how the cut bothered AJ. It distracted him that it totally reduced his overall fighting ability, defense and concentration. It was simply the cut, that cost him the title, he was winning until he got hit with those unforeseen punches that came from the blind side.

a strong point that indeed should be looked at.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:24 pm 
Lightweight

I knew this could happen! No offense but Honestly, I am not impressed with Banal skills as a boxer. He is just an ordinary fighter out there.. he just have the heart but he is not a technical thinker..

I went to MOA yesterday and attended Reggae Festival!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:49 pm 
Middleweight

Noon pa man wala ng motivation yang si Banal. Why are you still defending a quitter? Hindi ba nagquit yan kay concepcion? Have you forgotten how he quit against Concepcion? Lamang siya sa score tapos ilang rounds na lang ng tamaan siya ng suntok sa bodega, hindi ba sumuko at umayaw yan? Boxers with this attitude kahit kailan hindi magbabago.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:54 pm 
Lightweight

it's time for ALA to stop producing over hyped boxer. :)