Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Thu Dec 03, 2020 12:47 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:07 pm 
Cruiserweight

Box_Out wrote:
nandi wrote:
Well, at least ALA gave him a chance to win at MOA. Had they fought in Thailand, it would have been 5 round TKO.

It is time that ALA let their fighters fight abroad and develop a stronger mettle. Tama na ang baby baby and put in a main event with lowly fighters. Since nasanay sila lumaban at home, kampanti sila but when a really toughie comes they usually fold because they did not have top notch opposition.

Okay lang kung me pera cla, e kung wala??? Parang binuhos na ata ang lahat ng pondo sa PinoyPride17 e..

Pera? si Pacquiao nga nakipagsapalaran sa Thailang for his first title. Hindi sila gagastos kung hindi sila ang nagpromote. Ilaban na sila sa Thailang o Japan para 1. kumita ng mas malaki ang boxer 2. may chance pang maging world class.

without fighting abroad, ALA would not know what's current level to be world class. Akala nila world class na ang nasa Talamban, they have to train fighters who can beat up fighers even when fighting outside waterfront or lapu-lapu.

Kung pang-waterfront lang ang skills, mukhang malabong mag world champion yan.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:16 pm 
Heavyweight

want went wrong?:

i see nothing...

its just the THAI is the BETTER FIGHTER!!!

anyway, congrats to AJ for representing our country!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:25 pm 
Cruiserweight

cinderella_man wrote: Any inputs from Dr. Dela Vega who was in Banal corner. We are waiting for your article, really.

Dr. Dela Vega: "I molded him an ill-fitting mouthpiece. I should have concentrated on making a perfect-fit mouthpiece instead of dabbling as a cornerman. I got distracted. Bad move."

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:58 pm 
Welterweight

There was only 1 thing that went wrong, accidental headbutt. So unfortunate that it happened early in the fight and the cut was deep enough to cause inconvenience. Maybe Banal could improve his body hitting accuracy next time. I dont think they could change his fighting stance at this stage of his career.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:06 pm 
Lightweight

8 in 8 wrote:
cinderella_man wrote: Any inputs from Dr. Dela Vega who was in Banal corner. We are waiting for your article, really.

Dr. Dela Vega: "I molded him an ill-fitting mouthpiece. I should have concentrated on making a perfect-fit mouthpiece instead of dabbling as a cornerman. I got distracted. Bad move."

Lol.... I dont usually look forward to Dr. Dela Vega's "articles" but I'd like to hear from him... What the hell is he doing in the corner anyway? this is big fight...

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:27 pm 
Middleweight

you can actually see who hits the hardest and its the thai boxer. banal could'nt hurt him that thai is well conditioned and he did what he had promised KO Aj. he is the one stalking banal.

a rematch would not change banals fate. he would still lose to this thai. and i think some if not most ALA boxers would fall prey to this thai boxer(sorry i forgot his name)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:35 pm 
Bantamweight

I am actually a fan of AJ.

But this Sor Singyu reminds me of a young Pacquiao... awkward, yet relentless and unwavering. Given the right break and training, he could be something big.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:04 am 
Heavyweight

cutie pie wrote:

did u mean thats why he loss because of his addiction to facebook? :shock:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:49 am 
Featherweight

pinanood ko maigi ang laban......
Ang isang malaking pagkakamali ni aj banal... Hindi sya marunong yumakap kapag pinupupog na sya ng suntok ng thailander, sana mapansin nyo rin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:17 am 
Heavyweight

BEERHAUZ wrote:
LitMakuh wrote:
I was there at the MOA arena and saw how the cut bothered AJ. It distracted him that it totally reduced his overall fighting ability, defense and concentration. It was simply the cut, that cost him the title, he was winning until he got hit with those unforeseen punches that came from the blind side.

I can't believe somebody's defending Bumzooka .

Why not, that's how I saw it.. Aj was moving and evading punches pretty well till the cut started distracting him. I don't know if his corner told him to box circles on Sor singyu cuz that might be the best strategy at that point. But as I said, the cut made a difference, how can you box if you're having a hard time seeing punches.

Call him bum if that's what you want, no one's stopping you.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:19 am 
Cruiserweight

ok, let's start training our boxers with fake blood on their face during sparing so that they can cope better with cuts. ;)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:20 am 
Cruiserweight

“Song Singyu's loss: What went wrong”. This could have been the title also if it happen the other way.
Losing is a nature of boxing. Nobody's perfect EXCEPT to those lucky ones that they quit or retire before loss happens to them. And of course EXCEPT to those cherry pickers like the Ex-Con Coward Floyd. He cherry pick his opponent if not, cheat on them like executing a CheapShot to Ortiz or paying a HUGE $600,000.00 to Marquez to bloat himself from 135 to 145 to fight him.
It is just sad to think that there are some CRABMATURE (crab and immature) especially here in Pinoy Greats who are in fact are very active posting their stupid, degrading and moronic comments and opinion. Normal and sane people think differently like Donaire's tweet to AJ which I commend him with his support and encouragement. “Manny’s (Pacquiao) lost; I’ve lost, anyone can lose, but only the strong can come back. Hoping you come back stronger, AJ.” That is a FILIPINO, a real KABABAYAN.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:31 am 
Welterweight

I don't see any kind of special skill in Banal ! I guess he can never be a world champion! Pacquiao when he was just starting as a boxer, you can see that there is something in him, fighting non stop and very determined ! a very hungry fighter! Filipino boxers has lot of potentials but need some good trainers and body conditioners!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:08 am 
Middleweight

Pinoy MaPride talaga!!!! ALA pagASA,,,
Invest wisely,, siguro kung sumabay lang si AJ sa training ni nonito sa US
baka arami siya natutunan, at di ganon naging result ng laban,
:lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:59 am 
Middleweight

Gil P. Acosta wrote:
Noon pa man wala ng motivation yang si Banal. Why are you still defending a quitter? Hindi ba nagquit yan kay concepcion? Have you forgotten how he quit against Concepcion? Lamang siya sa score tapos ilang rounds na lang ng tamaan siya ng suntok sa bodega, hindi ba sumuko at umayaw yan? Boxers with this attitude kahit kailan hindi magbabago.

I'm not defending banal, I just point out the factors that I believe being overlooked by ALA people. Of course I feel a bit disappointed but it's not hard for me to bear because I know that it happens in boxing. I always expect the worst case scenario. It's natural instinct to quit the bout when health and life is at stake because he knows he is still young and can still recover. There were great fighters who get into loss and quit before they became great. Pacquiao is a living example...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next