Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:36 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:29 pm 
Light Heavyweight

cinderella_man,

That's my point actually..

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:36 pm 
Heavyweight

rjunz1 wrote:
cinderella_man,

this fight will not happen at this point as I can see it. Sor got the WBO Bantam Belt while Drian is pursuing the IBF super bantam belt. Medyo magkalayo sila ng landas sa ngayon.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:43 pm 
Heavyweight

cinderella_man wrote:
rjunz1 wrote:
cinderella_man,

this fight will not happen at this point as I can see it. Sor got the WBO Bantam Belt while Drian is pursuing the IBF super bantam belt. Medyo magkalayo sila ng landas sa ngayon.

How about Michael Domingo? ;)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:56 pm 
Cruiserweight

K lang but it was impressive that he came here and beat Banal.

Dapat ganun ang kampeon, he has to go at his opponent's home turf and win. The ALA boys seems to think that the best way is just to stay home and enjoy their nice records. Dapat may ALA boy na ang project ay talunin si Chris John in Indonesia. John has the same mindset with the ALA boys. ;)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:07 pm 
Heavyweight

nandi wrote:
cinderella_man wrote:
rjunz1 wrote:
cinderella_man,

How about Michael Domingo? ;)
Domingo should move 1 or 2 steps down for Sor.
Can Domingo's body do it? Will Sor fight him anywhere except in Thailand? Its a long shot bro.
Domingo's chance to win, slim in my opinion... Sor receives a lot of strong punches from Banal but didn't even buckle. Who knows and I could be wrong here, given the chance why not?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:39 pm 
Bantamweight

keywizard74 wrote:
I'm not impressed with the thai sorry,no footwork,does'nt counter or throw combinations and move like a snail,nothing special,it's just that AJ is a bum and not a world class fighter.

Uhhm... actually Sor Singyu reminds me of a younger raw Pacquiao when he captured his first World Title. Footwork is mediocre, combinations is mostly 1 - 2 but what made him win is the same awkward or unconventional style of fighting and being relentless... much like Pacquiao in those days.

Didn't Pacquiao looked like an amateur when he was outboxed in the early rounds and then suddenly knocked out his Thai opponent I think it was in the 8th?

Let's just say that Sor Singyu is the better fighter and no need to call the other one a bum unless you are ready to trade punches with him. :)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:04 am 
Cruiserweight

Sor Singyu clearly won the fight..... not even ALA or Abs-cbn can deny it.

If Sor was a bum, pano na si AJ? :)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:43 am 
Heavyweight

redhorse wrote:
keywizard74 wrote:
I'm not impressed with the thai sorry,no footwork,does'nt counter or throw combinations and move like a snail,nothing special,it's just that AJ is a bum and not a world class fighter.

Your right bro, it's just that banal has this signature ALA boxing stance with "Pak Pak->boom" punch that is so predictable and they usually do it in every round. This is becoming a virus now in ALA, they trained boxers when they are still kids and they teach this technique, this will never get better unless they change the trainer. I remembered Mark Melligen, he was also hyped well but same as most ALA boys, that style was too obvious that even flat footed bums can see those punches.

Hop,hop,straight,this is all what ALA fighters got,they don't even know how to feint,unless ALA change their trainers and conditioning coach,expect all their fighters to lose in a title fight.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:16 am 
Cruiserweight

Banal was the 17th Pinoy? ALA and the rest of the Filipino promoters need to stop feeding this man bums. This guy has owned filipino boxers worse than Pac owned Mexicans.